Diadem Forums

[18.05.18] Hyomin shares what it means to be a member of T-ara as she prepares for her solo comeback

hyominniemouse

0000212610_001_20180516091717399.jpg

Hyomin, from the girl group T-ara, has been considering her future going forward after her contract with MBK Entertainment expired last year, and has recently signed an exclusive contract with Sublime Artist Agency, beginning her domestic and Chinese activities.

While planning for a solo album in the first half of the year with an impressive second act as an artist, she expressed on a phone call on the 17th, "in 2014, I released a solo album for the first time, and in 2016, I released my second solo album. 2 years later, I'm once again preparing for a new album. Rather than an extension of the image that I have already shown, I feel like I'm starting anew, I will prepare my mindset as if I'm debuting all over again. I will try hard to show a much different image than before."

Even as a soloist, the modifier "T-ara's" still follows right before Hyomin's name. Even though it is a "shinning crown", it still is a catalyst that brings back difficult memories. Since T-ara’s debut in 2009, they have experienced both the joy of being at the peak and the pain of falling from grace. They are a group with more difficult times than joyous.

For Hyomin, what meaning does "T-ara" hold? "I have devoted my youth to T-ara. It's another name for my youth, and it has already become a part of my life. Honestly, I hated the name at one point, but I knew I could never throw it away. The name is so precious to me.”

Hyomin has spent the past 9 years as a member of T-ara, she expressed her gratitude, "I never want to forget, I want to always remember these times. To be a member of T-ara is an honor. I'm grateful we were able to be active during a time where K-Pop is loved around the world. I think we were a lucky group. All the members worked hard but we were lucky to receive such excessive love. There were a lot of times our members said, "we're very lucky."

In reality, T-ara has many memories of frustration and hard times. 3 years into their debut, they leaped to become a top Korean girl group, but in July of 2012, they fell due to the "T-ara Bullying Controversy" and never reclaimed their former popularity.

"There were many difficult times, but there are more good memories. That incident happened 3-4 years into our debut, but as time went on, we became a group of 8 years, of 9 years, of 10 years. In fact, as a group, our hard times seemed longer than our happier times, but I think we did very well. I'm happy, I was lucky.”

From her pain and frustrations, she has learned many things. Putting Hyomin’s entire life into perspective, it could be a "tonic".

“During the early days of our group activities, we thought 'if we release this song, of course it'd be loved'. Afterwards, I thought 'no matter how hard you try, you won't be loved.' Even though I knew that, I still had to work. Still, through the tough times, I was able to mature a lot. I realized how precious the overwhelming love we received at the beginning was. We could feel the difference of the distinct boundaries between the good times and the bad. We stood on stage after the cheers disappeared, I realized how precious the cheers from before were. I think we're lucky to have been given this enlightenment."

The members of T-ara have been in constant contact after their contracts expired at the end of last year. Although they are in a legal dispute with MBK Entertainment over the trademark for "T-ara", they still maintain a strong relationship with 'the father of T-ara', MBK’s executive producer Kim Kwang Soo.

"After our contracts expired, there were times we were at odds over minor misunderstandings and argued with producer Kim Kwang Soo, like sisters or mother and daughters. But that's not how it is. No matter what, he’s the father who made us, and made us debut when we knew nothing. This is our first experience with a legal dispute, I think there are some parts we're not familiar with. Even after our contracts ended, producer Kim Kwang Soo said if anything comes up, we can ask him for advice, like children, he treats us like precious daughters. I met with producer Kim Kwang Soo in April for the first time since our contracts ended, we just laughed without saying a word. Like family."

Source: Naver

I love the way she said they are still contacting each other another reason to keep trusting them.

I saw some Queen's lost hope and Think this way that they will not coming back just because each of them now in another Company.

I tried to convince them that it not like that and they will come back once the name issue solved.

anyways Thanks for the trans :D

finally got the time to read this. Am I the only one who hears Hyom''s voice while reading this even if it is in English? anyways, at least they're still communication with the others, and I like it that they still have contact with KKS even they're legal dispute because for me it means that they don't forget where they start and it's actually a good attitude :)

Thanks for the translation!

I'm grateful we were able to be active during a time where K-Pop is loved around the world. I think we were a lucky group.

I love how humble and grateful they are. They put in the hard work but they also know that those that came before them work hard too. They always thank their seniors.

one may have talents but even with hard work it doesn't make one successful because one needs luck in this industrial too. what min said is fact, the father made t-ara. put aside all misunderstandings and matters, everyone in the family, take a step back each and let the family heals. it's still not too late as this is the only way forward to bring back 6-ara. the legal dispute is dragging everyone but i still believe t-ara will come back as 6. i meant come on i just started in late 2014 and i still haven't had enough of t-ara, it can't be the end now. i'm not losing hope, yet.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/18/2018 at 11:27 PM, hyominniemouse said:

The members of T-ara have been in constant contact after their contracts expired at the end of last year. Although they are in a legal dispute with MBK Entertainment over the trademark for "T-ara", they still maintain a strong relationship with 'the father of T-ara', MBK’s executive producer Kim Kwang Soo.

"After our contracts expired, there were times we were at odds over minor misunderstandings and argued with producer Kim Kwang Soo, like sisters or mother and daughters. But that's not how it is. No matter what, he’s the father who made us, and made us debut when we knew nothing. This is our first experience with a legal dispute, I think there are some parts we're not familiar with. Even after our contracts ended, producer Kim Kwang Soo said if anything comes up, we can ask him for advice, like children, he treats us like precious daughters. I met with producer Kim Kwang Soo in April for the first time since our contracts ended, we just laughed without saying a word. Like family."

This warms the heart.  <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

On 5/21/2018 at 3:37 AM, red4summer said:

one may have talents but even with hard work it doesn't make one successful because one needs luck in this industrial too. what min said is fact, the father made t-ara. put aside all misunderstandings and matters, everyone in the family, take a step back each and let the family heals. it's still not too late as this is the only way forward to bring back 6-ara. the legal dispute is dragging everyone but i still believe t-ara will come back as 6. i meant come on i just started in late 2014 and i still haven't had enough of t-ara, it can't be the end now. i'm not losing hope, yet.

I'm still hoping for 9-ara.  B)

• 1 year later...