Diadem Forums

[10.02.08] T-ara

erik

T-ara’s performance at V-Star League game met with controversy

29wuwz8.jpg

T-ara performed their hits Bo Peep Bo Peep and Like the First Time at the V-Star League volleyball game presented by Nonghyup Bank.

This was Soyeon’s first performance with the group after recovering from the H1N1 virus. While the girls looked great as always, the appearance was met with some controversy over the sexy dancing and short skirts in a family setting. “The skirts were much too short. They have to think about the families and children coming to this game.” one reporter said.

Source: allkpop

The added commentary by AKP was taken out.

People are also upset because Hyomin accidentally said Badminton when she meant to say Volleyball, but Eunjung corrected her and they apologized as soon as it happened.

Here's the performance:

Seriously, I don't know how this can cause such a big ruckus.... it seems perfectly normal to me, and it's not like they changed their choreography or anything...

The kids have probably seen worse then this, and people make mistakes... saying Badminton instead of Volleyball is no big deal since Eunjung corrected her.

Aigoo~ Hyomin, Badminton???!! Adorable mistake but please don't do it next time. k?

It's not their fault. They are wearing the exact costume concept for the songs. It's the organiser's fault for not informing them of the exceptions.

I don't think this is really an issue. The girls have been performing these 2 songs for a few months and their mvs have also been out for a while. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I also don't think that their outfits were bad, it's the same basic one they've been wearing minus the colorful leggings. Plus don't the kids playing volleyball wear shorts that expose leg (probably more than what T-ara showed)?

OK?. lol but it's understandable. I mean there were kids sitting in the crowd but, common does it really have to be a big deal?

I'm pretty sure kids nowadays were skirts and shorts way shorter than the ones they wore. Hack they probably wear shirts that

show their cleavage :lol: anyways I liked the performance but too bad they lip-synced T_T

who invited tiara to perform should know what dances they use in the performances.... and is not the girls who choose what to dress....

I think the performance was great and I dont see any big issue about it...

and they probably didnt sing live because the place didnt have a proper audio infra for that....

People like to make a ruckus out of nothing.

LTB concept was the 80s style so they had to wear that costume, and yea i think kids these days see more than what they shouldn't have seen. And i think they probably wore safety pants inside?

Hyomin mistake was acceptable, it's normal for humans to make error when you are nervous.

T-ara jjang! T-ara hwaiting!

That's harsh, girls had like what, around 2 hours of rest because of promotions and activities. They have pack schedules everyday, once in awhile it's hard to remember and everything becomes blur. It's so unfair to get at mad at them for getting the event wrong, but they apologized and corrected it mistake right after & it's the stylist fault for the costumes/stage outfits, I've seen worst, just get over it, I'm like what 14, it's just stage clothes, nothing more & they should known they were promoting Like the First Time/Like the Beginning (hence the outfits), they invited T-ara, so they can perform what they are promoting, if was
inappropriate
then why did you invite them in the first place? :/

Wow, I wrote a lot.

nowadays reporters don't have much thing/scandal to spazz so they tend to say bad thing @ everything they can find. How pathetic, the Korean press industry. And I feel really sorry for our T-ara, they didn't overdo anything and have to bear such harsh comments. But I can see the positive side too, they'd be more recognized through the trash-articles.

about the short skirts thing i have no comment... but t-ara did not choose what clothes they want to wear so..can't blame the girls..

About the 'badminton' thing, its just a mistake ..don't need to stir things up..ah well hope this type of controversy does not happen to the girls or any other singers for that matter :/

Really now? Reading the article I imagined they wore something like they wore on the Seoul Music Awards but skimpier. But no, it's just the same dresses they've been wearing on the music shows. Sure, the outfits could've been different like the cute outfits from BPBP. The reporter must've missed a deadline for a story so they had to make up this filler and call it news. And the little mistake is just that, a little mistake. No biggie. But I kinda find it funny that Hyomin did volleyball actions during her BPBP dance solo then accidentally said "badminton". -_- It'll be unnecessary for T-ara to come out with an apology statement about this when it's totally not their fault.

It's not T-ara fault that their stylist made them wear that.

Also to be honest, people have to accept the fact that kids these days is not the same as the kids in the past.

I'm pretty sure many of them have seen stuff that is way more inappropriate than what T-ara wore which wasn't that bad IMO.

About Hyomin's case, everyone makes a mistake, Eunjung already corrected her and apologized so what's the big deal?

Anyways, T-ara FIGHTING!

well i don't think they can blame t-ara for the sexy dance and outfit at family setting event. it's totally not t-ara fault.

i think the reporter can blame on the producer or the event organizer , i think if it was an family setting event and don't want the kids seeing sexy [ i think bo peep dance was cute not sexy... ] thing why they're just inviting t-ara?

bo peep dance and like the 1st time sexy dance are just their concept. they're just doing great they're trying really hard to entertain people there.

for the badminton mistake just don't make it a big problem, it was just a little mistake , i think hyomin know it's a volleyball event , look at her solo dance at bo peep she's doing volleyball not badminton..

the first "problem" isn't T-ara fault at all <3. everyone knows what concept T-ara holds. they did others performance before even go to V-star League game so the event organizer should know that when it's a family event to invite a group that holds a more "kids image".

beside nothing really revealing and good thing too :P (dun get me wrong ppl). the outfits were normal to me. and kids these days have seen worse things, even if they didn't came to this event.

all they have to do is put on their tv and zap to a music show and bamn they can see all kind of girlgroups with skirts -_-.

and the second "problem" not a big issue too, cmon ppl, everyone can make a mistake >.< and they apologized too so those ppl need to get over it. i'm even worse i've said another girl's name to a other girl and she wasn't happen with that xD

From the media point of view, it can be understood for the short skirt problem.

However, if the company had thought of the problem, then they should had changed it to something like sports wear. It seemed that the company did not consider the factor of it. It cannot be blamed for the artistes. Sometimes, companies are to be blamed for what the artiste are. Besides, artiste are employees, they do not have the full say to it. One more thing, event organisers should also inform the companies about the dos and don'ts

I hope reporters do get facts right.

As for the fact of the Hyo Min's mistake, it is not as if Hyo Min did not apologise and corrected. Whats the big deal then?

Reporters are reporters. Typical reporters (can also be known as media paparazzi) are trying to get news from idols that are getting on the right track and moving on the star dorm.

yep this is basically coming from media point of view and probably some on going commenters from those families.

but again if this was something they knew were coming. the organiser shouldn't have blindly invited them. and i'm pretty sure they did not blindly invited them.

they knew this was a concept t-ara was going for.

and yes the artists cannot be blame it's part of their concept.

and as for the mistake.why make such a big ruckus out of a small thing? pissh

Wat is wrong with those people?! I agreed tat their costumes was really short but not tat revealing and at least they did wear safety shorts. Their dressings was nothing compared to the costumes T-ara wore when they attended Seoul Music Awards. T-ara performed and it happens tat kids were present at the venue. It was inevitable. Come on, majority of the spectators were adults and kids these days have seen things worse than this. Im sure tat the kids have watched other idol groups who performs on tv or elsewhere with more revealing costumes.

Second thing, Hyomin made a mistake. She said badminton instead of volleyball. Eunjung corrected her, Hyomin immediately apologised. I dont see the need to kick up a fuss over tat small mistake. The girls came to perform as they were told and im sure tat they were not given proper briefing abt the event. Maybe bcos they rushed over after completing a schedule. They alrd apologised and not as if they didnt. Gosh. The media always have something against celebrities.

T-ara hwaiting!! Stay strong!