Diadem Forums

[10.02.16] T-ara's Boram's Childhood Confession Leaves Mother Lee Miyoung Embarassed

Elly

[10.02.16] T-ara's Boram's Childhood Confession Leaves Mother Lee Miyoung Embarassed

33wnuig.jpg

T-ara's Jeon Boram makes a confession about her childhood that leaves her mother, Lee Miyoung embarassed.

On the episode of KBS2TVs Big Star, T-ara's Boram and her mother Lee Miyoung appeared and Boram revealed something about what her parents had done to her in childhood.

"Growing up, I've been hit a lot by my parents," said Boram, "they would make me spread out my arms at the front and hit it while it was hanging like that".

"It's the mark on your body that teaches the lesson" explains Lee Miyoung.

Source: http://www.todaykorea.co.kr/news/articleVi...tml?idxno=98682

Written by: Lee Wonbin

Translated by: Elly@diadem

I know how it felt like. Poor Boram. She must have gone through so much during her childhood. Esp when your parents are celebrities. Parents hit their children because they want them to grow up well and learn from their mistakes. Nothing to be embarrassed about if they knew they were doing the right thing for their children.

Thanks for sharing:)

dun really see the embarrassing part since getting hit by ur parents is normal to make the children know what they have done wrong.

got hit in the past too by my parents but i think that a culture thing <3

but i think the embarrassing part for her mom is that is said in front of whole Korea but than i think it's common there just like in whole Asia

thanks for sharing

I can understand what she can felt because I have also been hit by my mother during my childhood

But It's cultural and today I thank her because I maybe wouldn't be like how I'm today

Western cultures tend to condamn such methods but It's not bad at all because

It makes children realize their mistakes and respect their parents

It's illegal here. Nowadays if a mother threatens her child to hit him/her and someone reports that... the mother may have problems. I think that as long as you don't beat the kid, and just give the kid a "correcting hit", the kid will learn faster that that he/she does is wrong... Later on ofcourse a "correcting hit" doesn't help anymore. Beating ofcourse is wrong, using a "weapon" is wrong too.

Only one thing... I don't get why she'd say that she was hit by her parents? It's something between you and your parents right?

Boram's mom shouldn't be embarassed. This is a normal thing to teach children the right thing. I don't see nothing wrong.

Nowadays, people are too soft in the youngs and because of that they're a little bit of control.

Hitting teachs discipline. The parents only do that because they want their sons and daughters to be better. It's not they like to hit them.

oh, whoa! thank you so much for sharing the piece of news here. by the way, i kind of pity boram unnie but maybe the reason why she was beaten is due to some reason. parents will scold or bit their children if they did mistakes but parents will know thier limit of disciplining thier children. maybe the reason why her mother was embarrassed, is because it was aired on television?