Diadem Forums

[10.02.23] T-ara set to make Japanese debut

nathaniel

Six-member girl group T-ara will be making their Japanese debut in March, according to their agency Core Contents Media on Tuesday.

The girls will fly into Japan on Sunday for a five-day stay during which they are scheduled to hold a press conference regarding their single album as well as shoot a commercial with boy band Cho Shin Sung.

Both K-pop idols were cast for the commercial by a company in the restaurant business, said to be highly popular amongst youngsters, which holds numerous chains throughout Japan.

Core Contents Media said the singing groups will each receive a minimum guarantee of one billion won, equivalent to about 87 thousand dollars.

T-ara made their debut last year with a song for the soundtrack of MBC drama "Cinderella Man." The girls then released their debut single "Lies."

The girls and boy band Cho Shin Sung had collaborated on the digital single "TTL (Time to Love)" and "TTL Listen 2" which topped music charts during the latter half of last year.

T-ara took their first solo win with "Bo Peep Bo Peep" from their first full-length album early this year, taking the top awards on music programs by Korea's major broadcasters.

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

source : http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=e...022315473097150

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is great news but than again this also means they will have to be worked out for the debut in Japan >.<.

i had thought that Mnet would make the girls settle their position more in Korea first before hitting other country's.

maybe i'm thinking at the wrong direction?

anyway thanks for translation and sharing this news :D

Glad to hear that they got a CF with SuperNova... although this makes me worry that they will over work because they have to promote their repackaged album and debut in Japan too X_X

Personally I find it weird for T-ara to sing in Japanese.... since I love them in Korea with their awesome music.... the only group that is successful in Japan are DBSK

What?! I'm happy they are debuting in Japan because the industry tends to be less strenuous when it comes to their schedule and artists get paid more, but it seems a little early to be pushing them. I would say summer would be nice because they have just released the new songs. So that means promotions will be cut short for this and there will be little time for resting.

i'm not greedy or anything but i want them to stay in Korea even though i live in the U.S. XD

so far T-ara and F.Cuz are poised to be making debuts in Japan. whats up?

On the plus if they don't really know Japanese then that means we could get the song in english lol

I still wish and hope nothing but the best for them

Thanks for sharing

I do not know whether i should be happy for them or not. Within a year, they are already making their debut in Japan and achieve things that no other rookies have manage to do. They should stay in Korea and continue to promote there. I mean what can they get in return when they debut in Japan? Of course there will be more fans. But not much they can accomplish. They need to work really hard to succeed in the Japanese music industry. Im not against Japan or anything but I really hope they will not stay there for a long period of time. Damn their company always have to make them busy. A great start for the year though. Wish them all the best!!

Thanks for sharing:)

This is a good opportunity for them but I hope it doesn't get too much for the girls.

DBSK had to WORK THEIR ASSES OFF at the beginning, they said they went through a

depression and even thought about quitting, thats how tough it was. Although now

they're considering one of the best groups in Japan with hundreds of thousands of fans, at

the beginning they were performing to like 100 people at a time.

If T-ara want to make it in Japan they have really prepare themselves for killer schedules,

and they have to learn the language. IMO I think it's too early, give them at least another year

where they will be more skilled and with more experience in this field so that they can be more prepared.