Diadem Forums

[10.03.15] T-ara-FC Seoul, "Curse of T-ara" official apologies

nathaniel

Girl group T-ara, officially apologizes to FC Seoul fans.

T-ara (Eunjnung, Jeon Boram, Jiyeon, Soyeon, Qri, Hyomin) performed on the 14th at the FC Seoul World Cup stadium for the 2010 K-League opening match. T-ara created much controversy when they performed in their green and black outfits and brought the crowd to boo.

T-ara performed on SBS Inkigayo just before the tournament and were not able to change costumes because of their busy schedule. Fans began to boo and accuse T-ara of being a fan of the other team when they came on stage during half time because of their fluorescent green and black outfits, which was the opposing teams' colors.

Many fans have told T-ara they cursed the event, and on Internet bulletin boards fans are criticizing T-ara saying it's their fault for the 0 to 1 defeat. Netizens have called this event the "curse of T-ara."

An official for Core Contents Media stated through a press release on the 15th, "Due to busy schedules, we were not able to change costumes before arriving on stage, and for this we apologize to FC Seoul fans," and "Next time we promise to pay more attention to ensure this does not happen again."

In addition, FC Seoul released the statement "Problems set in yesterday's opening ceremony were not because of T-ara's faults. At the moment, we wish that you accept T-ara appointed apologies."

source : http://www.artsnews.co.kr/news/67548

cr : nathaniel (trans) @ diadem + artsnews

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm isn't this going a bit too far??

i know it can be harsh for the hardcore supporters seeing a group that came to perform wearing the colors of the other team but seriously blaming T-ara for the defeat is just a bit overboard right?

i just hope they can forgot this little mistake and understand they didn't had the time to changing their outfits.

T-ara Hwaiting~

thanks for sharing

oh wow, because their outfits were the colors of the opposing team that means the other team won?

how dumb. maybe the other team was just better? :D

also, T-ara shouldn't be apologizing, they have no say on what to wear.

oh well, at least T-ara got publicity. :( the outfits were pretty btw :(

fans are criticizing T-ara saying it's their fault for the 0 to 1 defeat.

Then should the other team thank t-ara for their win? They lost cause they got outplayed, kinda stupid to blame it on an outfit. Theyre kinda embarrassing their team with this lame excuse for their teams loss.

seems like t-ara is always taking heat for their outfits.

poor t-ara...

but that is only normal...

football fans are really sensitive about that...

i shud know cuz i am also a footballi fan...

when i watch my team play i try to wear the same color outfit if i am not wearing their jersey...

but i dont think its anything to be angry about..

omg this is so stupid. how could you blame the girls for making the other team win?

i can see why the fans are mad over the outfit colours, but this is kinda pushing it..

i really liked those green-coloured outfits too.

they always seem to have bad luck with their costumes, like at that volleyball game..

I'm another football fan too, and I think this uproar seemed a little exaggerated, though I think they handled it quite well.

The last time SNSD went to perform at the Man Utd friendly, they wore white (Man Utd also wore white for the match) but nobody boo-ed them at all [perhaps unsurprising]. But this one against Jeonbuk Motors was a top-of-the-table clash and understandably tensions do run high when they're playing against title rivals. Pity those T-ara+FC Seoul fans there who had mixed feelings

perhaps the manager/stylist is a Jeonbuk fan?

oh man... the team lose of course not because of the girls.. this is crazy... how come they blame t-ara just becauses they wore outfit similar to oppose team

i don't even see they need to apologize.. gosh.. i'm so upset reading this article..

The management should be more responsible in managing the girls schedules and events. The girls should not be blame for losing the game. Maybe the girls should avoid any kind of sports event in the future!

maybe unfortunate FC Seoul should avoid any idol groups as well. Both times where they got idol groups to perform at half-time (Man United and Jeonbuk), they lost those matches. I think they can get over it, just that they would have to be wary next time (i suppose like many ladies who might or might not watch soccer, they just see it as a fun thing, and a joy to watch their fave team/players. but the guys tend to be the more loyal defensive type who can get rather too passionate when their heroes take to the field)