Diadem Forums

[10.03.25] Eunjung, "I'm sorry and thankful towards my mother."

nathaniel

T-ara Eunjung (22) thanks her manager-mother, "I'm sorry, and thank you," she said. Because of Eunjung her mother had to end her music career.

Eunjung revealed in a March 24th interview with Daily Sports, "She was a graduate from Ewha Womans' University with a degree in music, she quit giving piano lessons to become my manager. Then I didn't know much, but now I feel sorry," she said.

Eunjung began as a child actress in 1995 KBS 1TV's youth drama, "A New Generation of Adults,"* after her movie debut she has starred in "Madeline" (02), SBS's "Land" (04), MBC's "Heroic Age" (04). Her mother took care of her daughter by driving and accompanying her to auditions, her schedules and helping her daughter's career 24/7.

Eunjung said, "My mother was very happy after she graduated and started teaching students how to play piano. But she didn’t teach anymore after she became my manager because there were too many things for her to handle. She told me once that when she sees a piano, her heart begins to flutter, and whenever I see a piano I feel apologetic. She sacrificed her career for me," she said as she was beginning to cry.

Eunjung the only child stated, "She had me 10 years after her marriage, which makes me hurt even more. She wanted me to become an actress in the past and now I have, so now she believes her original prayers were answered," she said.

source : http://isplus.joins.com/article/article.html?aid=1353673

cr : nathaniel (trans) @ diadem + isplus

* : i'm not sure if that's the correct title of the drama :(

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that Eunjung really appreciates her Mother. I think it was a sacrifice that was hard for her Mom to make. On the bright side, typical managers for singers make 20% of the singers total income.

This is why she works so hard! She wants to please her Mother who sacrificed her dreams for her. :)

Thanks for the translation!

If I had a child I am sure I would do the exact same thing. I wonder how Eunjung and her mother's relationship is now? Eunjung is successful and getting more and more famous and it seems like all her mother's support has paid off (hopefully). It is such a nice thing to see how strong family bonds are. What a amazing mother.

I felt so sad reading this. Eunjung's mom cares so much about her that she's willing to sacrifice her career, just for her..

Eunjung's mom is so sweet and she really loves her child. :)

Well at least we could probably assume that her mom is really proud of her, especially looking at the success T-ara has.

Eunjung's mom & T-ara fighting!

this is kinda sad and good news: sad part is that her mom had to stop her career for raising up Eunjeong but than this shows how much love Eunjeong got from her mom.

and the words of Eunjeong are touching, this made me think how thankful i should be towards my mom.

but now we see that all the effort her mom has putted in her have really paid off now, T-ara is getting more and more love and fame now.

thanks for translate and sharing this news :)

Reading this article actually made me cry. I kinda feel the same but I mean I'm not a mother *lol* I gave up some things when my baby bro was born. Don't worry, things always happen for a reason and good things will come back to you in the long run. :( Eunjung, you made your mother proud! You made us proud <3

That really is a touching story. But i'm glad that her mother supported her in such a way that after all she trained through and finally debutted, she's so grateful to her mother =) Eunjung jjang! Although she's an idol now she totally makes her mom proud by acknowledging her sacrifices to get her to where she is ^^. Eunjung fighting!

Eunjeong is an only child? 0_o Wow...I didn't know that. But it's good that she looks back to recognise the sacrifices her mother made in order for her to be where she is today. There are plenty of ungrateful wretches out there who are more than happy to forget their roots once they've struck it big...