Diadem Forums

[09.08.06] T-ara: Hyomin's 'Plastic Surgery Controvery'...Mnet: "Photo Capture Misunderstanding"

tinggg

T-ara: Hyomin's 'Plastic Surgery Controvery'...Mnet: "Photo Capture Misunderstanding"

Idol group T-ara's member Hyomin (21, real name Park Sunyoung) has gotten into a plastic surgery controversy due to some pictures. Some netizens took screen shots of roles Hyomin played in the past and said, "Her face is so different from now," sparking a controversy.

It started when a title was posted on various portal sites called "T-ara's Hyomin's pre-plastic surgery look." It was posted with a picture from 2005 KBS's Drama Sassy Girl Chunhyang. Netizens posted "this is Hyomins real face" "shocking pictures of the real Hyomin" and other provoking titles and then compared with her recent photos from her blog.

The internet-ulzzang-born Hyomin's kindergarden graduation picture has also been revealed recently, showing her "natural beauty" causing an increase in the battle from fans about the plastic surgery issue.

Various posts like "her current image and her drama image are way too different. Didn't they alter it too much." versus "Seeing her kindergarden pictures you can see she was originally a beauty." have been lingering about.

Mnet said, "Hyomin debuted in middle school as an internet ulzzang, so these pictures that are becoming a controversy are from middle school. Those captures aren't real, which have caused misunderstanding," clearing up the suspicions.

Link: http://www.dkbnews.com/main.php?mn=news&am...tem=&skind=

Tip-off: Elly

Translated by: tinggg@diadem5.com

TN: Mnet's explanation is a bit confusing...but I think what they mean is that she's been an ulzzang since jr high so those pictures can't be her? That's my guess at least...any help from someone with awesome korean is appreciated :DTN

TINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG KOMAWUHHH
:P

and woah~ Plastic Surgery D:

Those rumors probably hurt a lot. It's good that she got them cleared up.
:P

sdfk netizens really ... need to get some kind of a life.

It's like bashing is their hobby or something. -sigh-

thanks tinggg for the article! <3 read it from the site and i think what MNet meant was "Hyomin as been an ulzzang since middle school. And the captures are also from her middle school days. As you can see, it is very different from one another, because a picture is not the same as a capture. There lies the misunderstanding regarding the unflattering capture."

so yeah. i think we should just watch that clip and see for ourselves if it was just a bad capture. honestly, she looks so much like her kindergarden photo that i don't believe the surgery rumors.. :blink:

Guest GirlGotSoul

So her real name is Park Sun Young? Cool~ Poor Hyo Min, it's okay though, everyone

goes through the scrutiny of having plastic surgery when they're new. She'll make it

through, I bet you everyone's just jealous because she's too pretty :D