Diadem Forums

[10.07.05] From T-ara Jiyeon to Actress Park Jiyeon (Interview)

dianapetrina

2iu8hee.jpg

If we ask to Jiyeon 'Who are you? T-ara's Jiyeon?' she will nod her head so hard. She performs on stage with the name T-ara's Jiyeon, and will also go with the name Park Jiyeon to unfold her acting skill for the first time. Through a movie that will release on July 29th called 'Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp' (Producer: Yoo Seondoong.

She first debuted as an singer/idol star but she has no difference as a fresh high school student, because Jiyeon (17) wore a high school uniform and a nameplate. She's looking fresh and good in her bob hair.

She also appeared at all her works (movie, drama) wearing uniforms. In her first debut drama 'Soul' and her second, 'God of Study', she wore some pretty uniforms in those. Uniform & school means a lot for her.

"I really like filming at school. Since I can't go to school everyday because of schedules. I chatted with everyone at waiting class and at the table, I really feel like being a real high school girl. Of course the shooting was not easy, but every time the director shouts 'Cut!', we're back to resting time. They really ask us to keep silent and also angry us (?), just like at school."

29gbqqp.jpg

Her character in the drama is a silent girl, not a talkative one. When a cute scene appears, she usually gives a 'V' sign first. But other people quietly endure the anxiety, too. She's actually very different with her character as a 'cutie' in 'God of Study'.

"I'm different with my character in the movie. My character in 'God of Study' is a little more similar. A little minus the cute-act. It's not because I like princess-fashion at the movie, but because my real personality is easy-going and sometimes manly. I only show my aegyo (cute-act) to my onni (older sister - as in T-ara). Everyone is around my same-age, so I don't have anytime to show it anyway."

She finished her movie shooting 1 month ago, but that doesn't mean her schedules are finished. She could smile and remember the memories now, but Jiyeon is a strong lady who has a double duty as an idol and an actress. Her whole day is filled with more than 12 hours of shooting. She even has had hypothermia and sometimes the occasional bloated face, but she never says something like 'I can't do it'.

"It's hard to do both jobs at the same time, but I'm greedy. I have never thought of something like 'Aren't you tired?'. I just wanna do everything that's given to me. I also have the motivation. Actually, I'm not really stood out because I'm doing my job as a group. I can't stand out more because I think of T-ara first. I'll do my best in this time together."

The only domestic horror movie that will come out this summer is 'Death Bell 2'. Jiyeon is being greedy for the movie despite the fact that she can't watch horror movies. She just wants to see herself in the movie and she wants to see people getting scared. There's some things that she gave up during shooting.

"I gave up my face while filming 'Death Bell 2'. In all scenes, there's nothing pretty. At first I wanted to look kinda pretty in the movie. I also wanted to take the pretty angles, but I just can't. If I do underwater shooting, my face & body will be bloated. I have some thoughts like, 'Please edit it so I will look at least less swollen.'"

2je8jtd.jpg

It's the first time Jiyeon used her name 'Park Jiyeon' (for the movie). She didn't even know that people called her Park Jiyeon, no rather than T-ara's Jiyeon. She knows that it's hard to put down that title. But she also has the desire to be called Actress Park Jiyeon rather than T-ara's Jiyeon. 'Death Bell 2' is a meaningful step for this greedy girl.

"Questions like 'Why is a singer acting?' shouldn't come out. It's a burden for me. Some people asked me 'why are you not singing, but acting?' It really become a burden for me. That's why I worked hard to do well. My final dream is being an actress. I wanna be a singer in T-ara activities and also acting.

"On stage, I'm T-ara's Jiyeon, and when I'm acting I'm Park Jiyeon, both of them naturally comes in and goes out. Even if it's not a really different character than the real me, I want to show more sides of me. I want people to say 'Oh, so Jiyeon also has that kind of side'. It will still be a greed of mine. Watch my honest acting at 'Death Bell 2' and please evaluate it calmly."

Source: Nate News

Translation: dianapetrina@diadem

Had a good read!

"In all scenes, there's nothing pretty"

sorry jiyeon, you were still pretty even with blood..

"In stage I'm T-ara's Jiyeon, and when I'm acting I'm Park Jiyeon, both of them naturally comes in and out. "

and off-stage, you are? LOL no jk jk but she is one of the FEW.. trust me, FEW singers that can ACT. not just because theyre popular. *cough* she's like a UEE. see how UEE portrayed her role so well, people hated her! Jiyeon is like that. People thought she really was like that. Especially in GOS. thats why im excited for GOSA 2!! I wasnt that scared in Gosa 1.. LOL this seems more promising, ntm another t-ara girl is in it, before it was jiwon and eunjung!

I love how the reporter poses her those questions. really get to know more about greedy ji yeon. Is positive. ^^

actually, acting has a longer road to go rather than singing. if possible, i would wish all the t-ara members divert their careers to either being emcees or actress. It can't last long unless they are planning to go aboard for promotions.

cool read! JiYeon is so determined in whatever she does..so lovely =)

she works so hard but thats where the worry of her overworking comes in, hope she gets enough rest after all these is over and allow people to enjoy her hard work.

the "nothing is pretty" part makes me happy haha, something about that line tells me death bell 2 would be a bloody scary show, which is what i wanna see! haha

oh thanks for translating and sharing

jiyeoni... oh i mean Park Jiyeon is growing as an actress

she is already doing her best and i feel people are acknowledging her

i mean the performance she for the DB2 OST with soyeon was loud people were screaming calling her name

i got annoyed at the beginning but said wow she got fans screaming crazily for her

and as one of t-ara member, i think she doing just fine

WHAT the movie on the 29 this month

man they should just said it will be in august

SERIOUSLY

any way hope the best for her

our makenae FIGHTINNG :D:)

YES! Jiyeon's interview thingy was really interesting to read. Hahaa... I really liked the fact that Jiyeon's interested in school and such. I want to see the Death Bell2 movie. Can't it release out faster? I'll probably watch it when it's subbed and all like in August. Jiyeon Fighting! ^-^

"I'm different with my character in the movie. My character in 'God of Study' is a little more similar. A little minus the cute-act. It's not because I like princess-fashion at the movie, but because my real personality is easy-going and sometimes manly. I only show my aegyo (cute-act) to my onni (older sister - as in T-ara). Everyone is around my same-age, so I don't have anytime to show it anyway."

^ Kyaaaaaa! I like how she's comfortable with her T-ara unnies. Shows some T-ara bond. =0

I always think that Jiyeon is beautiful even with blood in a movie. I mean, her acting emits a beautiful aura. This is why I think she's beautiful nonetheless. She's too modest for thinking that she's greedy. At least this shows that she's willing to work hard in singing, dancing, and acting.

Jiyeon-ah! Hwaiting! <3333333333333333

I don't care who u re, singer or actress as well, we always support you, your efforts are worthy of our support.

We love you, Park Jiyeon, our maknae!

But remember, don't work out of power, let's take a rest anytime u can, my baby ^^

this was a really sweet interview for Jiyeon and how she has to endure the tiredness from

so much shooting time.. I really like her in God of study and its good to know that her character

in that drama is more like her real life person.. which is soo cute..

i can't wait to see death bell two. i saw the first one and it was pretty good but now i'm more

excited to see this one because if Jiyeon..

no matter if its Jiyeon the singer or the actor i think shes doing great in both..

thanks for the interview

Jiyeon is such a talented person:)

from singing, now she's acting.:DD

I'm amazed and glad because even she

has bloated face or something while shooting

a movie, etc. , she doesn't give up:))))

she's really doing her best in her career:)

Now I know why most of her roles are she's a student.xD

JIYEON, YOU'RE SUCH A DETERMINED PERSON:))))

More power to your singing and acting career:DD

BTW, I had a good read on this.

Thanks for translating:)))))

wow this interview is very good! :D now we know more things bout jiyeon! hahaha she live life her style! it is dam cool when she answered the question so straight forward! this is what our jiyeon should do! haha BUT. Jiyeon cant over stress herself she needs to REST REST REST! shes not a superwoman. I'm really glad she can multi task. singing and acting both do so well! very flawless! thanks for the translate of this interview diana! greatly appreciated! :) . :) Jiyeon FIGHTING!

I will support Jiyeon no matter what she does whether it is acting or singing...

she is capable of doing so many things more in this world so she shouldn limit herself to anything and be show inspires to be!

Jiyeon Go GO GO!!!

wow jiyeon, you're really awesome! Your dream will come true! Tiara's Jiyeon and Actress Park Jiyeon will be always in my heart and your fans here. Good luck on your upcoming movie! Fighting...!