Diadem Forums

[10.07.13] T-ara Jiyeon's main complaint? "Not having high school memories"

nathaniel

201007132136571001_2.jpg

T-ara's Jiyeon from the movie, "Death Bell 2" was found today imitating her high school life by eating both ddukboki (spicy rice cake) and eating tempura (?).

In a recent interview with Newsen, Jiyeon said to the reporter, "I'm hungry, can I not eat anything? I want to eat ddukboki," she said with a shy smile.

While eating she said, "In school with my friends, I used to always eat ddukboki after class and relax. I thought I'd like doing that again, but it's not easy to do anymore. After becoming an idol, there's no stop!"

Jiyeon made her debut as an idol at 16 year olds while in high school. At such a young age, she wasn't able to have experience a lot of things most kids her age do or have the same memories.

"All the friends I had in middle school are still my friends, but I do not get a chance to see them a lot. Because of my unique personality, I actually did not have a lot of friends. I always wanted to make more friends, I guess."

Jiyeon wasn't able to have a normal high school experience. 'School field trips' and 'retreats' were something she was never able to do or have memories of.

"I love my unnies (older sisters, aka T-ara) and my living quarters, but because I'm such a young age I never was able to go on school field trips with my friends. I've always wanted to visit a fun place on a school field trip. The two friends that will always be my friend are my brother and sister, we always talk."

Jiyeon said, "I'm happy I have a lot of memories with T-ara." Being a combination of an actress and a singer is not easy, but being the greedy high school girl she is, this is what she dreamed of becoming.

Currently, Jiyeon is promoting her movie, "Death Bell 2". It's scheduled to be released July 28th.

source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=20100713213657100

cr: nathaniel (trans) @ diadem + newsen

i feel kinda sad for Jiyeon for not being able to enjoy the typical life of schooling

hopefully it can be replaced by the loves that all the fans have given her now and in the future

dont know if it's me only, but i feel she's abit sad and stressful from the pic above

She needs to make more friends because compare to the other members, she is so young. Hyomin who is the youngest after Jiyeon has already 4 years of gap. And it must be hard for her to make friends at school because of her idol statut and also her shy personnality. I think it will be good if she makes friends with others idols...we don't hear much about friendship between T-ara and other idols (group or solo) except for Hyomin thanks to Invincible Youth.

its sad for her not being able to go out on school trips

i mean thats almost what makes me go to school

trip means time to act as childish as you can with your class mate

and seriously i would love to see jiyeon withe her twin brother on a show together

just imagining that it would be epic!!

Thank you for sharing and translating the article!

It's really upsetting though.. High school is one of

the major birthday/memory thing.. What I meant

in birthday is graduating and memories as in friends

and stuff.. But at least Jiyeon has her T-ara Unnies

to spend what so little time with

Poor Jiyeon!

But I think she wouldn't miss much in high school

There's an entirely new experience out there when she goes college

and she's living a life that feel would have

so long as jiyeon stays happy it'll be good memories!

I think she's not alone there. A lot of the other idols had their debut close to HS too. IT can't be fun at all.

Memories of being normal just isn't really there. Sohee and Sunmi anyone?

Kara's Jiyoung is even younger than Jiyeon, so i can't imagine how that is for here either. I always assume the companies gave them enough time/effort to finish the school, but memories of school and friends maybe harder to obtain.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel sorry and sad for her not being able to make memories of her highschool life. It's one era where you'll always remember in your life whether it's good or bad, but on the bright side she's made a lot of memories being in T-ara.

• 2 weeks later...