Diadem Forums

[10.07.16] Ryu Hwayoung joins T-ara as 7th member

nathaniel

2010071609592832943_1.jpg

In a surprise event, Ryu Hwayoung has joined the girl group T-ara.

T-ara is a 6 member girl group, now being reborn into 7 members is quite a surprise.

On the 16th, according to officials, the 17 year-old high school girl, becoming a new part of T-ara has been finalized. She will be joining the six existing members, Hyomin, Soyeon, Boram, Eunjung, Qri and Jiyeon to be reborn into a 7-member girl group. Ryu Hwayoung is the same age as Jiyeon, the youngest, but was born later, making her the new maknae.

Core Contents Media said to Star News today, "to advance T-ara further to show a new appearance, Ryu Hwayoung has decided to join."

As a new member of T-ara, Ryu Hwayoung's hometown is in Gwangju where she is currently in high school. This spring, her and her twin sister participated in several different pageants/contests.

Back in May, Ryu Hwayoung had an appearance in an SBS variety show with garnered viewers' attention.

source: starnews

cr: nathaniel (trans) @ diadem + starnews

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear CCM,

I love how you add a new member right before T-ara's first anniversary... I don't have anything against Hwayoung, I'm sure I'll like her. But damn. You're so... (insert whichever word you believe fits the sentence the best) :D

nothing personal against her, but I really dont think this was necessary =( They still had a long way to go with 6 members to share the spotlight. I'm really not pleased with this.

Hopefully she'll recieve lots of love, she looks like an ok kid. Lets see what she can bring to the group.

thanks for sharing, i'm still quite shocked