Diadem Forums

[10.07.16] Why Ryu HwaYoung joined T-ara

nathaniel

20100716_010341854558_0.jpg

Girl group T-ara recently had some changes. The existing six members were joined by a new member, enhancing the group into seven members.

With the new enhancement of an additional member, it means that they can occur on stage more effectively. It also means that more individual activities for the girls, and a lesser schedule for over worked members.

T-ara is actually very busy compared to other idols. Jiyeon has already been in a lot of movies and dramas, Eunjung has been in a drama and preparing for a movie, Hyomin has been preparing for a drama, and Qri, Boram and Soyeon have been regulars on variety shows. When album activities occur, the girls become very busy.

A representative said, "T-ara's Hyomin is preparing for a drama shoot and future individual activities," he said, "in this case, it means they girls can't regularly be on stage or record often or else members would be missing and that's why we recruited a new member to hold activities and keep interest in T-ara and not the dramas/movies."

The newly acquired member was able to meet the exceptions for T-ara. In the past, Jiyeon was the youngest member, but now Ryu Hwayoung takes that title. Her and her twin sister, Ryu Hyoyoung previously appeared in SBS "Star King" which has collected attention. In addition, Hwayoung is talented in both dance and vocal skills, along with acting. At the same time, she has equips many other skills as well.

The new seven-member T-ara still is scheduled, and plans, to release their next album. The president, Kim Kwangsoo said, "T-ara's album title song has not yet been decided, but as before, it'll be different from before and a concept that the new member also fits in,' he said with high exceptions.

Also announced today was that Boram would take the place of leader from Eunjung. In the future, fans are expecting that Boram will too, take the charismatic leader role in T-ara.

source: http://news.sportsseoul.com/read/entertain/854558.htm

cr: nathaniel (trans) @ diadem + sportsseoul

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<3 but members like qri already get next to no screentime, with the new girl she will get even less :( i hope t-ara doesnt end up like AS and just keep adding new members and sharing lines cuz theres not enough to go around - -'' i will still support t-ara but it just feels wierd now they added a new member, i had gotten used to the 6!

I'm kinda interesting in the sudden leader change.

I'm find with an addition to T-ara. I'm really curious about her vocal or dance abilities. (:

I remember her from Star King.

I'm sad that Jiyeon is no longer maknae, just like Sohee, when Lim came, but I like Lim, she's really sweet.

But, I hope T-ara's lineup won't change anymore.

I know it's not gonna be the same, but i'll try to support it.
<3

i've nothing to say about the new leader change thing.. i believe eunjung is just too busy or stressed so she stepped down..however i dono bout making boram the leader, i hope its not because she's the oldest so they gotta follow the "oldest member = leader* trend.

Now for HwaYoung, i've not seen anything special from her yet (besides her *aego*) so i cant judge...

i hope she does good for the group..and not disappoint us. hm so can i say i look forward to see her perform on stage.

last but not least i hope ccm made the right choices...

"Also announced today was that Boram would take the place of leader from Eunjung. In the future, fans are expecting that Boram will too, take the charismatic leader role in T-ara."

I hope this doesn't mean that Eunjung will be any less charismatic...

We will see. I miss the girls. So if they comeback as seven there is just

More to love. I hope she can live up to our girls. They have worked very hard and only someone who can work hard with them deserves to join them.

I hope Core knows what they're doing.

just read this on allkpop and i had to come here to read and post. i dont mind them adding new members as long as no one quits. i also want to know more about the leader issue like the others posted before me.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh That makes a lot more sense now. That's really smart <3 But every time a band gets a new member people start hating her. But if tehy are so busy with those shows, then the Entertainment should stop booking them on it. Now I just want to know why Boram is the new leader.

well. I always thought that the oldest was the leader. But in T-Ara's case, Eunjung who is in the middle was leader because she was the oldest out of the original T-Ara members. I was wondering why it wasn't Boram since she joined though... maybe it's because she hasn't adjusted yet? Anyways Boram as leader doesn't really worry me too much. It's the new member. I though T-Ara was perfect, and although I'll still support them, I'm not too sure about Ryu Hwayoung.

This new maknae better be PACKIN some talent. As if getting Soyeon and Boram straight wasn't hard enough. She has a twin too so who knows if they'll switch spots (LOL I'd actually love to see that happen) We'll see what happens when the new album comes out.

Whatever, I'll support T-ara and looking forward to their new album!

I still love the six number, but if the thing can't changes, please be acquainted with it and support them

Let's welcome new member and regard her as new maknae! Welcome to T-ara! ^^

so basically core content is saying the girl is to fill up the empty space for the girls who are missing?

you know fans wouldve waited for the girls to comeback until they finish their solo activities.

why must they comeback so soon if the members are packed with schedule?

and they resort adding a new member and change the leaders?

i loved the way the girls were. sigh.

well i hope the girls are not going to do cute direction with the new member.

IDK. i'm gonna support them like always. aigoo. but i dont like the changes.

I am rather disappointed with the news and the fact that they are having an additional members. Qri and Boram already deosn't have much lines in their songs and now another additional member? And quite shocking that Boram has became the new leader but i guess its because she needs to get more attention and she is also the oldest. I hope they would not shorten both Qri and Boram lines for the new album. It is so unfair for them.

I will still support T Ara though and hope the new member will be good. :)

well i'm glad they released a reason.

I mean i understand how T-ara has been spread out to many individual activities.

but getting a new member to help stage presence? that still alludes me.

i mean when yoona did dramas, people still knew, hey, that's SNSD's Yoona.

Please are like that with Jiyeon and Eunjung, I mean i don't think the t-ara name would fade out though.

anyone understand what i'm trying to say. lol.

i mean i don't think i would forget t-ara. I understand and feel bad that their schedules are rough. But adding a 7th doesn't change that 3 are regularly in a filming of a drama/movie. That's the only thing i don't get.