Diadem Forums

[10.07.17] Why did T-ara change it's leaders from Eunjung to Boram?

nathaniel

2010071611414614578_1.jpg

On the 16th, the girl group T-ara had two major changes. The first being the recruit of the seventh member, Ryu Hwayoung, and the second being the swtich of leaders from Eunjung to Boram.

On the 16th, T-ara's agency Core Contents Media announced Ryu Hwayoung was the newest member and that Boram would replace Eunjung.

Just like After School and Super Junior, the choice to recruit a new member makes T-ara more diverse. When switching up the leader, the opinions were more particular (idk how to explain.)

A representative of Core Contents Media told Star News over a phone call, "Once a year, the leaders will rotate, last year we already rotated with Jiae/Eunjung. It's been a year and it's time for it to happen again."

Following, "Eunjung is very busy shooting her movie, even though her drama schedule just cleared up. At the time of T-ara's debut, she was a good choice for a leader as she was a trainee for the longest time among the original members," he said, "But now we've decided that rotating leaders would be a good idea as it gives all the members an opportunity to grow as members of the group."

The representative also said, "The choice to replace the leaders was a choice decided by T-ara themselves. They feel that this way T-ara is able to grow more as a group into a new direction."

Meanwhile, T-ara is busy with personal activities. Jiyeon's movie, "Death Bell 2" will be released this summer, Eunjung's drama "Coffee House" is being aired, and Hyomin is preparing for her drama, "My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox."

source: http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=20...1&outlink=1

cr: nathaniel (trans) @ diadem + starnews

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think personally, no bias, People would have been warmer to accepting Soyeon as the new leader.

But oh well IVE GOTTEN OVER IT. AND IF I HAVE, YOU SHOULD TOO BECAUSE IM A CRAZY FAN.

i TOTALLY Agree, and again, NO BIAS ^___~. Maybe it's because we've seen Soyeon take charge when Eunjung was absent so we've naturally thought of her as one of the leaders of the group. But i guess we have to wait another year to see her take charge ! (=

the new member's feature actually reminds me of eunjung when she still have long hair... but that's beside the point. rotating leaders? idk how to respond to that... it's weird... ._. it doesn't make sense.... let's see how Boram will lead t-ara tho.. Boram hwaiting~!

thanks for translating and posting ♥

@yanipopo totally agree with you. :P

this article still didn't justify why Boram was chosen to be the new leader.

i just hope that all this stuff will point to T-ara getting better not the latter one.

thanks for translating this article :P

rotating leader for gives the members an opportunity to grow as members of the group like that CCM's representative

it sounds good for t-ara's future^^

and im curious if jiyeon become the leader XD

I think the rotating leader thing is a bit ridiculous. Some people are not made to be leaders, but I have to remind myself this isn't business. The other girls will help whoever is the leader. I just think it's gonna be kinda hilarious when the the magnae will be the leader.

Ah, I see what they're trying to do~

I guess every year a new leader for

T-ara will come up.. I kind of find that

a hassle though, switching leaders

per year sort of makes it disorganized.

But T-ara will prevail no matter what so

T-ara fighting!

I think personally, no bias, People would have been warmer to accepting Soyeon as the new leader.

But oh well IVE GOTTEN OVER IT. AND IF I HAVE, YOU SHOULD TOO BECAUSE IM A CRAZY FAN.

Can't agree more, I would prefer Soyeon to be the new leader. But from what they say, seems like everybody will be a leader as they rotate the position in 5 more years?

Oh... once a year to change leader's (is weird) but i like ideal so in 6 years time (if no new member) let's see who can be the best leader's..... Yeah !!!!

T-ara Fighting !!! i just glad all of them are still in the group ^_^

Vote Eunjung for last summer she lead T-ara just so awesome !!! The BEST ^^