Diadem Forums

[10.07.27] T-ara's Jiyeon only gets 3-4 hours of sleep

nathaniel

image_readtop_2010_395524_1280185205298772.jpg

Jiyeon, member of the girl group, T-ara, revealed more about her deadly schedule. She revealed about the very little time she gets to sleep or take breaks because of her tight schedule. Even the one night, two days during filming for her variety show "Heroes" takes up a lot of her time.

She said that, "currently, I usually get 3-4 hours or less of sleep; but when I go on the programs like SBS "Heroes," I can get more which is why I think they're better than any other (variety shows)."

The process to set up the interview with Jiyeon was very hard because of her extremely busy schedule. The meeting was put off twice and we almost gave up. But the third appointment was not that case. At night time we called and set up the interview to be at 10 o'clock this morning. Usually a burden at interviews and photo shoots is the 4-5 hours it takes for hair and make-up and getting dressed, but this time Jiyeon did hers before she left her dorm.

After the many twists and turns, the interview with Jiyeon finally began. Wearing a clean uniform, we went out to a dark room with coffee in our hands for the interview. You could see that the sweet girl has a face full of tiredness and was tired and buried deeply.

"Getting up every morning before dawn, with the upcoming release of our album and shooting of our music video, I'm very busy. I'm surprised I was able to even come for an interview."

We were too. For this interview, we looked at her more than just a girl group member or a singer, but rather an actress. Her film debut "Death Bell 2" in which she stars in is expected to be released on the 28th. Although she's been in dramas before, this is her big screen debut which is a funky treat for her.

"Originally, the goal was to cast all the members of T-ara but that changed. I was greedy and I became lucky to get appointed to the role. It was right after I finished "God of Study" so I went from one work to another, which was a little tiring. But horror is quite different from the dramas where my aegyo helped me.. I read the script and knew I had to work harder."

image_readmed_2010_395524_1280185206298775.jpg

Jiyeon takes on the role of Seh Hee in "Death Bell 2" and one by one, her friends begin to die. Playing this role was different from her personality and she thought it was confusing at first.

She played a poor girl aiming to get good grades in high school in "God of Study" and a bully in "High Kick Through The Roof." When Jiyeon talks about her previous work, the tiredness wipes away from her eyes, and instead a twinkle comes.

"Honestly, I can not be one of those people to just land a role and act. I have a different look on this that's not as easy and makes it sometimes harder to act for me. I like to figure out their distinct personalities exactly and figure the attributes of the character's I portray. Each role I get a new reaction from fans: "God of Study," how cute, "High Kick Through The Roof," she has charisma. So my fans think of me as a person with charismatic aegyo? (laughter). For "Death Bell 2" I'm not sure what reaction I'll get and I'll have to see."

source: http://news.mk.co.kr/outside/view.php?year...0&no=395524

cr: nathaniel (trans) @ diadem + mk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aw we already knew our JiYeon is hardworking enough ^^

she is really working hard for her fans, not wanting to disappoint them.

but for her age, the workload might be a little/alot too overboard..so i really really hoe she gets ample rest after all these is over..very very crucial ccm

Jiyeon sure is hardworking. The company should realize that health comes first though. She's young too. I hope she's all right even with the crazy schedules. She sure does an amazing job as an entertainer (like everyone in T-ara) and it seems like they'll be making a comeback soon? I'm not sure...

poor kid!

working so hard. Getting more sleep while on program. lol. that's like when Hyomin was gettng more food while being on IY.

3-4 isn't a lot. I mean a few nights a wee like that is nice, but for months at a time, argh what a drag.

Jiyeon hwaiting!

Aigoooo .. she must be exhausted =/ .. poor girls.. she is garnering alot of attention nowadays and because of packed schedules she don't get enough sleep .. hope she will be ok and don't fall sick yeahh .. Jiyeon Jjang!!!

JIYEON FIGHTING!!! :D<3<3

T-ara :D:D<3

Guest IDUNLAIKSPAMMERS

That's not good :\ She needs a giant break, so she can sleep for 8 hours and not

have to work too hard. Stars are people too, not robots you can work to death.

Quite normal among the busy idols. Tbh, atleast she gets sleep.. even though it is not enough.

Before, WG during So Hot, they got so busy that they didnt sleep from one recording to the other, and sunmi fell sick T.T

jiyeon, i hope you eat well, it's a great way to stay healthy. well i hope she eats healthy food, youll never know with boram around

Omg <3 thats really little hours of sleeeep!!!

She should be given more hours of free time for the sake of her health as well as being able to perform much better on screens!

Being so tired everyday..

how can she be able to showcase what she got at her maximum potential!!

*prays that she will get a much better schedule*

JiYeon FIGHTING!! <3