Diadem Forums

[10.07.30] T-ara's Qri's drama interview, "T-ara feud? Never!"

nathaniel

PP10072700048.JPG

"My acting debut in a one-act play/drama? It was a big burden. But I've been majoring in acting since childhood and this would only be good for me. If it's a not a big drama for me, I think this is a good chance for me and definitely a great experience."

Qri has been in front of cameras before as a singer, but now as an actress. She was full of happiness. "After the shooting ended, I just have become more ambitious, I'll keep praying for more chances like this," she said.

Lee Qri's drama, "Updates from Southern Trader Kim Chulsoo" is scheduled for broadcast next month on KBSTV where she plays the female lead. She previously appeared in the MBC drama "Queen Seondeok" with a minimal role.

Qri's character is shy and not very feminine, who works in a coffee shop, where she falls in love with Kim Chulsoo (Oh Man Seok).

"My role is a very passive character, and I'm used to being 'beautiful' being a female artist and caring about myself and others. I was taken back when we first started and felt small. It changed my knowledge on things."

Qri's used to doing group activities. This was a strange, new experience for her and difficult as well.

"Frankly, until now, all my appearances in dramas were cameos. Most of them were with other T-ara members, like all of us in 'God of Study'. And me and Soyeon in 'Giant'. A lot of fans of T-ara thought I needed more attention, and now I can. It was a point very difficult to get to.

Qri suffered minor injuries during the shooting. She was shooting a scene where she gets pushed against a wall, and she accidentally hit her head on the wall.

She mentioned that her role model is Uhm Jung Hwa. Qri's goal is to be as great as an actress as she is.

"I've always had big dreams and would constantly be studying. But later on I decided to not have any dreams, but a goal."

T-ara has their one year anniversary just yesterday on the 29th. But recently T-ara hit some big changes. First, they switched the leader, Eunjung, with Boram. Because Boram is partaking in no extra activities, it was decided Eunjung was too busy to be the support for the group during group activities.

And second, they gained a new member, Ryu Hwayoung making T-ara seven members. They plan to release a new album as seven members as early as September and mount full-scale activities.

"T-ara's album is mostly ready. So far, it's a variety of innocent and sexy, but it seems we'll be showing a completely different look.

Qri was born in 1986, the same as the new leader Boram. When asked if she was jealous she wasn't designated leader she said, "Not at all. I'm younger than Boram by months. Boram has been around longer than all of us, she debuted earliest and it's good for her to be leader. Eunjung was replaced because of concerns she wasn't able to help a lot."

She said about the new member, Hwayoung, "She has a really cute side. She's the youngest amongst the group members now. I work really hard to stay cute like her," she said.

source: http://news.nate.com/view/20100730n04490

cr: nathaniel (trans) @ diadem + nate

her drama is a one-act play kind of drama? im not sure what it means but i think it's gonna be 10 episodes, 10 minutes long each.. IDK for sure though.

i've grown found of Qri during T-aradot.com.

i'm glad she's getting a nice female role.

i liked how she mentioned fans wanting to see more of her and now they can, politically great use of words.

a lot of news of t-ara seems to either be acting related or the addition to the new member.

glad her injury was minor.

thanks for the news.

Qri unnie , I have to admit U've done a really good job , U make all of us happy , of course include your fans ^3^

OMO , can't wait to see her in the new drama >.< I know she always works hard at all the time

When I read all that translation , I loved her more than now 'cause it make me know some more things about her self , & her zeal for the acting ^^

Hope the exertion of her will make more worthy result to the things she does >333

"I work really hard to stay cute like her," she said.

<3

LOL Qri.

You are cute, unnie!

So don't worry <3

I think all of T-ara members have talents in acting, and Qri deserved more spot light. This is a good chance for her, and if she can show her talent (I'm sure she can, though), she will be so popular!

Qri hwaiting!