Diadem Forums

[INFO] Day by Day sales thread

arcadey

t-ara%20day%20by%20day%20album%20cover.jpg

Since this is the beginning of T-ara's new era for Day by Day, I thought it would be good to have a thread to keep track of their weekly album and digital sales, as well as sales from 2NE1, SISTAR, and Super Junior, who are currently T-ara's competition on the charts due to their recent comebacks.

Just curious, will you be posting sales figures, or is this thread for all Diadem members to gather information? I wish I could help, but I don't know how to find any exact numbers. :( All I know is how to see who is number 1 on certain charts like Melon and Bugs, lol. :P

Anyway, thanks for starting this thread, I look forward to seeing sales figures for all these groups. :)

I was thinking we could all gather information, since K-Pop sales can be hard to find.

I will update with information that I can find. There are other forums that usually gather the digital sales so I will check them for sales figures, and anybody else who finds any should feel free to contribute.

It'll be good for us to try track T-ara's sales early on so we aren't confused about how much they've sold, because I've found it hard in the past to find information on their exact sales.

Anyway the GAON chart was refreshed today and SISTAR debuted at No. 4 with "Loving U". I thought they would be No. 1 because I've seen them at No. 1 on Instiz ever since the song came out, and it only fell to No. 2 once Day by Day came out. I hope Day by Day debuts at No. 1 on the next chart and isn't blocked by SISTAR... Or 2NE1.

I was thinking we could all gather information, since K-Pop sales can be hard to find.

I will update with information that I can find. There are other forums that usually gather the digital sales so I will check them for sales figures, and anybody else who finds any should feel free to contribute.

It'll be good for us to try track T-ara's sales early on so we aren't confused about how much they've sold, because I've found it hard in the past to find information on their exact sales.

Anyway the GAON chart was refreshed today and SISTAR debuted at No. 4 with "Loving U". I thought they would be No. 1 because I've seen them at No. 1 on Instiz ever since the song came out, and it only fell to No. 2 once Day by Day came out. I hope Day by Day debuts at No. 1 on the next chart and isn't blocked by SISTAR... Or 2NE1.

Oh ok, that sounds like a great idea! I hope everyone posts here when they find something. I will also try hunting for sales info, and I will post it here along with the source.

I also hope they can reach number 1 on more charts. I wonder how the song is being received by Korean fans? Anyway, 2NE1 seems to frequently have huge initial sales, so I hope 'Day by Day' can hang around the charts like 'Lovey Dovey' did.

• 2 weeks later...

They sold 8,163 physical units on Hanteo for this week...that's actually pretty good, and usually with T-ara that translates to about 20,000 units more sold on Gaon, so it doesn't look like their sales have taken too much of a hit. They generally sell anywhere from three to five times more on Gaon than they do on Hanteo. They're not on the top six albums on the real-time chart currently, so it's unknown exactly where they're at for now.