Diadem Forums

How many digital downloads has T-ara sold?

tara4evar

I'm trying to figure out how many digital downloads each T-ara song has sold. These are the ones i found either through wikipedia or Gaon:

Sexy Love 1,542,191

Day by day 2,140,000

Lovey Dovey 3,700,000

Cry Cry 3,755,993

Roly Poly 4,680,253

I Go Crazy Because of You 3,042,224

Why Are You Being Like This (Wae Ireoni) 1,058,623

Like the First Time (Choeum Choerum) 1,853,952
Bo Peep 1,609,112
I'm really Hurt (Naega Neomu Apa) 1,222,554

We Were In Love ft: Davichi 2,687,535

Roly Poly in Copacabana 264,003

Total: 27,556,440

Ones I can't Find:

Yayaya

Lies (Geojitmal)

Time To Love

TTL 2

Round and Round (Bingeul Bingeul)

If anyone could fill these in, add any major singles I've missed, or provide where i can find the rest of the information that'd be great!

it's sad to see Sexy Love digital downloads are that low compared with the others :(

and sorry i cant help you, i don't know..

I know, Sexy Love is one of my favorite T-ara songs. It's so unique from the rest, which are all pretty unique in their own right. Also this number is from Gaon (the Korean Chart) so there might be higher international sales. I don't know.

Roly Poly was phenomenal. Truly phenomenal. It was the "Gee" of the 2011. I will say Roly Poly is T-ARA's true mega-hit of all the time which shoot them to stardom. For me, Bo Peep Bo Peep was their first "big" jumping stone which make them known in Korea, Roly Poly was their jackpot ticket to stardom, and Lovey Dovey was at the time of their peak popularity. Then they step on a bomb and things go wrong, it's not Sexy Love fault :mellow:

I'm sorry I don't know about the other singles which you don't know :rolleyes:

We Were in Love was downloaded 2,687,535 times according to Gaon (added the total 2012 sales to the 2 weeks it had to chart in December 2011)

Roly Poly in Copacabana: 264,003 (fell out of the top 200 after that, it didn't appear in the yearly charts so there's a bit of sales that have gone unaccounted for)

We Were in Love was downloaded 2,687,535 times according to Gaon (added the total 2012 sales to the 2 weeks it had to chart in December 2011)

Roly Poly in Copacabana: 264,003 (fell out of the top 200 after that, it didn't appear in the yearly charts so there's a bit of sales that have gone unaccounted for)

Thank You! I updated the list.

No problem! :) I've added up the numbers for Round & Round's chart run as well: 421,110

Day By Day's album tracks if you're interested:

Don't Leave: 239,270
Holiday: 168,234
Love Game: 99,353

Hue: 71,475

The older songs (TTL, Lies, etc.) might be impossible to find if you're looking for the Gaon stats. Bo Peep/LTFT were released in December so they were able to chart into the next year, but the others didn't sell enough to show up in the top 200 for 2010. Back in 2009 when Gaon started they only released monthly rankings and I'm not sure where to find those since they aren't on Gaon's site, I'm not sure if they even included sales stats or just the chart positions.

No problem! :) I've added up the numbers for Round & Round's chart run as well: 421,110

Day By Day's album tracks if you're interested:

Don't Leave: 239,270

Holiday: 168,234

Love Game: 99,353

Hue: 71,475

The older songs (TTL, Lies, etc.) might be impossible to find if you're looking for the Gaon stats. Bo Peep/LTFT were released in December so they were able to chart into the next year, but the others didn't sell enough to show up in the top 200 for 2010. Back in 2009 when Gaon started they only released monthly rankings and I'm not sure where to find those since they aren't on Gaon's site, I'm not sure if they even included sales stats or just the chart positions.

Do you or anyone else happen to know how to use Gaon to see T-ara's physical album sales?

Also according to wikipedia:

By the end of 2011 it was reported that "I Go Crazy Because Of You" was

downloaded 4,164,777 times in South Korea alone, becoming of the

best-selling singles in the history of Korean music and the second

best-selling single by T-ara (after 'Roly Poly').

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_First_Album#Breaking_Heart

Is that legit?

Go here: http://gaonchart.co.kr/main/section/total/list.gaon?nationGbn=T and click on the 앨범 button on the top (towards the left) and once you're there choose the 월간 (monthy) or 연간 (yearly) button next to the little dropdown menu under the dates on the left since Gaon only releases monthly and yearly figures for album sales, no weekly numbers. Then use the dropdown menus to choose the dates you're looking for! :)

No idea where the 4 million number for IGCBOY came from. It sold 3,042,224 in 2010 which means it would've needed to sell another 1,122,553 in 2011 for that to be true. It's not in the top 200 for 2011 so it seems to be made up. I remember someone adding some fake facts like that to 2NE1's wikipedia once as well saying "By the end of 2011 it was reported that "Fire" is the second best-selling single of all time in Korea, with 5,079,597 digital downloads." they even used the same wording so it's probably the same person spreading nonsense everywhere lol