Diadem Forums

[18.01.19] T-ara submit grounds for refusal against MBK Entertainment's trademark application of the group's name

craZy

[18.01.19] T-ara submit grounds for refusal against MBK Entertainment's trademark application of the group's name

0003701057_001_20180119073402616.jpg

On December 17th, T-ara filed a submission to the Korean Intellectual Property Office, stating reasons to reject MBK Entertainment's trademark application of the name "T-ara", filed on December 28th.

According to the patent attorney representing the submission, MBK Entertainment's trademark application is subject to refusal under Trademark law. They have submitted documentation listing reasons for refusal of the trademark application.

"If the trademark is not rejected after screening and is approved, we will file another objection," he said.

T-ara recently parted ways with MBK Entertainment, who managed them for 10 years, following the expiration of their contracts

Source: Naver

The only reason I can see MBK doing this correctly is to protect the name T-ara from being used by another group of artists in the future.

I do agree that shouldn't bar the original T-ara members themselves from it.

Sincerely, I hope both MBK and T-ara can share the name equally and justly to recognize the loyal fans whom still support both T-ara and the company.  It's a win-win when they honor the great achievements done together.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...