Diadem Forums

[09.07.31] Tiara and Careless Lipsynching for Debut Stage

Elly

The girls who debuted on MBC's Radio Star have now debuted onstage.

6-member group Tiara performed their debut stage on M! Countdown on the 30th with tracks 'Lies' and 'Wanna Play?'

In their black and white outfits, the great cheoreography, and the addictive music, Tiara's debut stage was an impressive show.

However, despite all that, their debut stage was below the expectations that the netizens had for them.

The lipsynching has been pointed out especially. 'It's really disappointing that a group would lipsynch for their debut performance.' 'They're dancing, but their mouths aren't moving the same time as the song.' 'Not only did they not go live, but they also need to work on their lip-synching.' are the kinds of things that have been written about the girls.

Group Tiara is in the same talent agency as Davichi and SG Wannabe, Core Contents Media. Tiara has been a group under training for three years, and on the 27th Tiara released their digital single 'Lies'.

Tiara will perform on Music Bank, Music Core, and Inkogayo this weekend.

Source: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=26874

Written by: Hwang Inhye

Translated by: Elly@diadem

Yes, I agree. I thought it was a decent performance, but I was highly disappointed by the lipsynching. I'm sort of glad people are complaining though because it will hopefully put pressure on Mnet to make more of their performances live.

>.< to be honest... I was a bit disappointed that they didn't perform the two songs live.

However I still enjoyed the performance nonetheless. And it's not like it hasn't happened in the past, a lot of debut stages were not live >.< they should stop picking on the girls and wait for their live performance before they make any judgment

i was disappointed as well.. but i guess it was a management decision, and so it isn't really the girls fault.. i think the netizens and fans have such high expectations from them that the mnet debut was a bit disappointing.. i just hope that they perform live in the other debut stages.

thanks for the article and translation! :P

The lip-synching was a little disappointing, i'm not gonna lie. lol. I was really looking forward to the girls pwning everyone else with their amazing vocal ability but... it's ridiculous how many people are flaming them just because they lip-synched. There's other artists that have done that, too.
-_-
;;

I hope they get better outfits next time x_x

Guest GirlGotSoul

Personally, I didn't like the performance, it was really sloppy. The windows for the formation

wasn't open, Boram was blocking Jiyeon and you could only see her head for Lies, I think.

Lipsinging was very off, disappointing indeed. Hopefully Mubank will be better.