Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Would You Still Like T-ara If They Went Mainstream?

Elly

So I was wondering, most people love T-ara right now because they're probably the most unique girl group out there right now. They're not really sounding like 90% of girl groups in Kpop, you guys know what I mean.

So let's say they changed their concept to match everyone else's... Techno-y and all that jazz.

Would you still like them?

I probably would. But a lot of my other friends say that if they attack mainstream the way 2NE1, 4Minute, KARA, and SNSD are, they'll pay less attention to them.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GirlGotSoul

I think I would still listen to them. Even if 2NE1, Kara, etc. are "all the same", they all have

their own style and that's what makes them different. For example, SNSD and Kara. Even

if people say they're both cutesy and they both make that bubblegum pop type of music,

they still have a different style. Same with 2NE1 and 4minute, they're similar but they're not

the same. 2NE1 has a much edgier and harder style than 4minute (and Hyuna's been overly

promoted everywhere). If T-ara was to be like all these groups together, I think I'd still

love them even though they're similar to these groups.

I'll like them less as a group, but still follow them a lot for EunJung's sake. But I like Wanna Play, which is almost the same type with 4minute's Hot Issue, but they should stick to ballads and songs like Davichi's new one, Hot Stuff.

I'm already frustrated that I haven't heard the awesome ad-libs at the end, so getting trapped in mainstream would be a huge letdown for me, it will cancel their great vocals, but I'm sure Mnet's not that stupid.

i will not be attracted to them with the first glance cos they are too similar. The only reason i fell in love with tiara because they are more of a ballad group.

But well, i guess sooner or later i'll be attracted to them. i want the girls to stay the way they are now, cos its working all great for them.

I don't understand how everyone is saying that all mainstream music is "similar" like the opinion stated above. Everyone, even if they're mainstream, has their own unique flavor. I find Tiara to be mainstream nowadays and they aren't the most unique group out there in my opinion.

I think everyone's definition of "mainstream" is quite different. Getting trapped in mainstream doesn't mean that you kill off great vocals. Take for example SNSD's "Genie" when Taeyeon does her adlibs at the end. They're what you call "mainstream" yet they keep strong vocals in there as well.

By the way, Tiara is under CCM, not Mnet..rofl..let's all get our facts straight~! YAY!

• 4 weeks later...

I like songs by WG, SNSD and 2NE1.

Those really addictive and cutesy ones.

But I tend to lose interest after listening to the songs always.

I like anyone based on 1) talents 2) looks and then 3) personality.

I always think talents will bring you far.

So I'll still like T-ara if they went mainstream.

• 2 weeks later...

I like pretty much all the K-pop groups out there, but I also like how they each have their own individual style and differences.

In my opinion, I would see no reason for T-ara to shift to the pure mainstream pop, partly because its been done too many times before and partly because I think it would not work to their advantage given how we've already accepted their current musical style.

That said, I certainly wouldn't oppose to the odd "pure pop" song from them...just so long as they don't go overboard and make every song a "pure pop" song. But then again, I'm sure music producers and their managers would be smart enough not to let that happen.

I would still like them. Like people have said I think every group has their own thing/style that they have that makes them different despite being categorized as mainstream. I mean T-ara is definitely different from the rest but they aren't the most unique group out there either. If they were to tackle more of a 'mainstream' style, I'm pretty sure I would still love them. Talent will get you far and T-ara has loads of it, great vocals can still be shown if they decided to go down that route. The only thing that might change is people would probably pay more attention to them because...it's mainstream right? Catchy music.

With that said though, I personally think T-ara is fine the way they are and whatever they choose to do in the future I'll still support them. c:

I'd still like them. I'd probably be really happy if going "mainstream", as you say, meant that they would gain more recognition and success.

It really depends on whether I like a song or not. If they released a number of songs that I didn't like, mainstream style or otherwise, I would just stop caring.

I like just about all the girlgroups that are appearing or making comebacks right about now only because they have songs I like.

Their T-ara because of their style, if they move to mainstream and change their style to those similar to the other girl k-pop bands then there's really no point in following another one if their the same, already following SNSD and Kara. Maybe only turn to look at T-ara if theres a new song thats good.

I think they should stick to ballads..They have great vocals..and all that~~

:D them becuz they are diff from present girlband..SoOOo many are the same..!!!Omg..And it keeps coming out...when will korean entertainment stop all these..hahax

Anyway..really :D the diff concepts/style of tara..SoOO really hope that they will not move to MAINSTREAM~~xd

But MAYBE if the songs still great still bring out their styles/great vocal then will still support them..<33

BUT really hope that KOrea will stop coming out new groups~~Really SoOOOOo packed with all these..SoOo much competition/comparing..etc between already..