Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Anyone getting disappointed by T-ara's outfits?

kenzo

If you guys realized, Roly Poly + Cry Cry + Yayaya Jap = More revealing thighs. And it seems to continue if the jacket pic for Lovey Dovey is any indication.

First of all, I only know T-ara during their Roly Poly promotion so I don't know how are their outfits before that, but from what I have seen from their old performances on stage, ie Yayaya, WAYBLT, Bo Peep Bo Peep, IGCBY, even Like The First Time they totally did not wear outfits that show their thighs, maybe they did, but only sometimes, not always like their recent comebacks.

It seems they deliberately wearing short skirts for Yayaya Jap while the original outfit for korean ver is long pants.

The main reason that I did not like to see kpop group performance on stage before I knew T-ara esp girl group is because of the outfits. But T-ara is not like that before Roly Poly promotion. So I started to watch live performances and becoming used to it, even other group too though the outfit is still, you know because I'm used to it.

But this is getting overwhelming, Roly Poly, Cry Cry, Yayaya and now Lovey Dovey?This is just too much. One of the reasons I'm not a fan of SNSD even though their songs fit my genre most and I like some of them in variety shows is because they show too much thighs.

If they already always did this before Roly Poly, then never mind.

Sorry, but I don't share your disappointment. When I do look at the physical aspects of girls, I tend to look at their face, regardless whether they're wearing a short skirt or long jeans.

As for the whole thigh revealing, I look at it at a different perspective than you. Revealing is revealing, there's no such thing as "too much" in this case....as long as they're not as short as the undergarment itself...hence it is called "under" for a reason. Otherwise, I look at how sexy they can pull it off with their clothes, not at how much they revealed their thigh as it is completely irrelevant, to me at least.

oohh..so this is the reaseon you less obsessive with T-ara?lol...ok back to the topic. i recently join this forum.im new too about T-ara.but i already watch almost all their past perf. in my opinion,they always have 2 ver of outfit. 1st revealing too much and 2nd not revealing that much. usually they used the 2nd one first and after several pef they change into the 1st one. it just diversity of costum so the viewer didnt get bored.

if they didnt show their thigh they will show their upper body more.so they just mix it in every perf.

and dont forget that T-ara has 2 fans.boys and girls.you know right even girls love their thigh. so i think they dont bother with that.

as for me,as long as they didnt naked.lol..im fine with that.because my focus is on their movement and their face :D

oohh..so this is the reaseon you less obsessive with T-ara?

lol not exactly, no. Well not when I told you I'm less obsessive with T-ara the other day. It just hit me after I saw their last performance and when they are on a japanese show with Yayaya outfit and I'm starting to realize why I'm not so fond of T-ara as much as I do before. I give up watching Roly Poly perf, still watching Cry Cry though, however at some point I might also stop watching Cry Cry too.

When I do look at the physical aspects of girls, I tend to look at their face, regardless whether they're wearing a short skirt or long jeans.

my focus is on their movement and their face :D

I focus on the face too, there's a reason why my bias is always good looking xP But the eyes has a wider vision, it can watch every parts of the video whether you like it or not..it hurts my eyes...my sister wonder why I watch the performance too.

Ah well I know I'm alone here lol.

lol not exactly, no. Well not when I told you I'm less obsessive with T-ara the other day. It just hit me after I saw their last performance and when they are on a japanese show with Yayaya outfit and I'm starting to realize why I'm not so fond of T-ara as much as I do before. I give up watching Roly Poly perf, still watching Cry Cry though, however at some point I might also stop watching Cry Cry too.

I focus on the face too, there's a reason why my bias is always good looking xP But the eyes has a wider vision, it can watch every parts of the video whether you like it or not..it hurts my eyes...my sister wonder why I watch the performance too.

Ah well I know I'm alone here lol.

to be honest i already stop watching cry cry :P my bias wasnt there so i cant help it.lol...i cant watch snsd because theyre too sexy and girly (im a girl i dont need sexiness.haha..).then during the time i just realize that isnt it T-ara like that too.but what to do?im getting used to watch their perf (only when my bias was there) my eyes didnt hurt like yours.lol...cause i simply watch T-ara only for watching my bias.seriously,i completely forgot other member and other stuffs.lol...so i dont blame you.thats your point of view.but you must understand the consequences become fans of girlgroup.girlgroup has more fansboy than fansgirl so they must catch their attention :D

the same case goes to boygroup.my eyes hurt seeing them so pretty.but they must cacth fansboy attention too.its market demand.when i promote cry cry to my girl friends in general,i used their movie mv,dance mv and dance rehearsal only. no stage perf.lol...because i perfectly know what you mean.

but if they found out that its not their type and hate it then i dont really care.because i know what i like.when you love it just love it.no matter how other ppl comment :P

to be honest i already stop watching cry cry :D my bias wasnt there so i cant help it.lol...i cant watch snsd because theyre too sexy and girly (im a girl i dont need sexiness.haha..).then during the time i just realize that isnt it T-ara like that too.but what to do?im getting used to watch their perf (only when my bias was there) my eyes didnt hurt like yours.lol...cause i simply watch T-ara only for watching my bias.seriously,i completely forgot other member and other stuffs.lol...so i dont blame you.thats your point of view.but you must understand the consequences become fans of girlgroup.girlgroup has more fansboy than fansgirl so they must catch their attention <3

the same case goes to boygroup.my eyes hurt seeing them so pretty.but they must cacth fansboy attention too.its market demand.when i promote cry cry to my girl friends in general,i used their movie mv,dance mv and dance rehearsal only. no stage perf.lol...because i perfectly know what you mean.

but if they found out that its not their type and hate it then i dont really care.because i know what i like.when you love it just love it.no matter how other ppl comment :P

It's nice to have someone who actually replied to the previous posts lol. Usually in this forum, people post just to increase their post counts and most of the time never read the previous post.

lol I can understand that, I don't watch T-ara lives too if Jiyeon is not there xP Cry Cry performance has Jiyeon's slide which I love so freaking much so I might just watch Jiyeon's part next time xD Woa your thoughts is almost the same as mine, I'm getting used to watch their perf too so that's why I don't really care about their outfits unless it's too outrageous like their Cry Cry comeback outfits on MCD. But IDK, recently I'm getting bothered by it. Maybe because my interest towards american series like Merlin and kdramas has been reignited so I'm getting less obsessive with T-ara and kpop so I tend to be more sensitive. Though what puzzle me is why you said you eyes hurt seeing the boys so pretty :S It doesnt have anything to do with this. How does a boy being pretty can catch fanboys attention, usually boys like boygroup because of their music.

Yes, your eyes see more than just the face, but it doesn't mean that the other things your eyes see will affect your thought. It only affects you if you wanted it to.

How does a boy being pretty can catch fanboys attention, usually boys like boygroup because of their music.

You are right, a boy being pretty (kpop pretty) does not catch fanboys attention. You, as a girl, don't like girls revealing thighs while I, a guy, don't like guys being pretty..the kpop idol pretty (like eyeliners, lipstick, etc...because they look gay, no offense). So in the end it seems like this is more or less a fans gender issue.

they are k-pop girl band. they do dance and sing.

for me, it doesn't matter if they show thighs or not. i don't care.

but as a k-pop girl band. showing thighs means they look taller and sexier when dancing.

that's what attract people (beside their voice and face)

being tall is good for them. you should understand that.

no offense. don't think you are alone here because no one stand beside you.

as long as you love t-ara that means we are togather. hehehe

Yes, your eyes see more than just the face, but it doesn't mean that the other things your eyes see will affect your thought. It only affects you if you wanted it to.

You are right, a boy being pretty (kpop pretty) does not catch fanboys attention. You, as a girl, don't like girls revealing thighs while I, a guy, don't like guys being pretty..the kpop idol pretty (like eyeliners, lipstick, etc...because they look gay, no offense). So in the end it seems like this is more or less a fans gender issue.

I have no thought when I see it, it just feels disturbing.

I don't understand what you mean by being pretty here, it's their face, they can't help it. Even if they do not wear make up, they are still good looking. It's natural, just like female idols have beautiful face. Guys can't hide their faces, while girls can choose what they wanna wear.

I have no thought when I see it, it just feels disturbing.

I don't understand what you mean by being pretty here, it's their face, they can't help it. Even if they do not wear make up, they are still good looking. It's natural, just like female idols have beautiful face. Guys can't hide their faces, while girls can choose what they wanna wear.

I disagree. They have to show their face regardless, yes, but putting on make up? That, is a choice. Why is it, that you think, that many male kpop fans out there think male korean idols are gay? It has to start from some where.

To the bold statement: let me ask you, why is it that girls have to wear non-revealing thigh to be deem appropriate?

tara_090428.png

Good Person

t-ara-21.jpg

Lies

They might be wearing short clothes more often lately (I wouldn't know since again, I don't pay attention to that), but as I said, revealing is revealing...there's no difference between revealing one time and revealing many time.

That is precisely why I came to the conclusion earlier, that the different perspective of this "problem" you raise up is dependable on gender of the fans. Of course the male idols wouldn't just wear make up just because; they wore it because girls, korean girls at least, like it. Korean culture accepted it, so there's nothing wrong with them doing so. But since I'm an international fan, I don't see it that way. Same with female idols, although it's not up to them to decide on the clothes to wear, there are (obviously) people who do like short, more revealing clothes on female idols.

I disagree. They have to show their face regardless, yes, but putting on make up? That, is a choice. Why is it, that you think, that many male kpop fans out there think male korean idols are gay? It has to start from some where.

Celebrities of course wear makeup..It's still the face that attract attention, not the body. Sigh, nvm we obviously has different opinion. I get it, you fine with the outfits, okay.

Sorry if I sounded harsh. It is what it is though. It's good to discuss and get to know the different point of view. If it really bothers you that much, then I'd suggest listen to the song and don't watch the performance...or at least that's how I deal with boy band's videos.

@KENZO, im replyin this discussion because i get bored.lol..normally i dont comeback for 2nd chance and in fact my post is 200> already :) i just want spazzing around..and you are the only thread maker who replied every commetn fast

oke.i really dont get it about you guys @kenzo @toan talking about.lmao...i just want to answered your question earlier.i have no idea how to make multiple quote :D

when @kenzo said that " How does a boy being pretty can catch fanboys attention?"

@toan answered "You are right, a boy being pretty (kpop pretty) does not catch fanboys attention. You, as a girl, don't like girls revealing thighs while I, a guy, don't like guys being pretty...."

well,boygroup look pretty to attrack fansboy who have grey orientation.grey means you are not gay but not straight too.in the middle of both.some of them prefer pretty boys rather than manly look in boygroup.well..thats their business.and if @Toan didnt feel like that, GOOD! youre normal.hahaha...

and i prefer manly look rather than pretty boys because they look gay.it hurt my eyes! i dont like boys prettier than girls. it hurt my eyes and my soul.lmao...

oh wow...i hope i didnt start war or something in this thread :P

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with kenzo. I'm from Malaysia and I'm a Muslim (sorry if some of you hate Muslim) .

But I don't really like to see girls to wear really short pants.

But we're quite lucky to see that our T-ara girls didn't wear as short as SNSD's Tiffany(Sorry if you're a fan of her)

BUT i think the one who're always wearing sexy clothes .. obviously Hyomin. I don't like her sexy style :(

I have to agree with kenzo. I'm from Malaysia and I'm a Muslim (sorry if some of you hate Muslim) .

But I don't really like to see girls to wear really short pants.

But we're quite lucky to see that our T-ara girls didn't wear as short as SNSD's Tiffany(Sorry if you're a fan of her)

BUT i think the one who're always wearing sexy clothes .. obviously Hyomin. I don't like her sexy style :(

Haha yeah. I'm a Muslim too so that's the reason I don't like them wearing outfits showing thigh. Girls don't need to be revealing to be loved. Long pants can makes them look hot too, just watch their man performance lol. And the most recent Cry Cry performance.

Nope I'm not disappointed by their outfits. Next to the dancing, singing and performance, what makes many people love Kpop are also the variety in different outfits and costumes. In Kpop they're really costumes, instead of just stage outfits like in the western music, like those retro outfits in roly poly, leopard and cat paws in bo peep, snsd's cheerleader costumes, fx urban-punk outfits etc.

Also the korean culture doesn't consider showing legs as something scandolous, you would see a lot of korean girls wearing miniskirts or short shorts in summer, but showing clevage or back (considered even worse in korea) it creates a scandal. I can remember my grandma forcing a shirt on me, when I was young because I ran around wearing a spaghetti top. So I think it's just different culture, different views. :P

P.S. they did wear a lots of thigh-showing outfits before, especially in the Why are you being like this performances.

Nope I'm not disappointed by their outfits. Next to the dancing, singing and performance, what makes many people love Kpop are also the variety in different outfits and costumes. In Kpop they're really costumes, instead of just stage outfits like in the western music, like those retro outfits in roly poly, leopard and cat paws in bo peep, snsd's cheerleader costumes, fx urban-punk outfits etc.

Also the korean culture doesn't consider showing legs as something scandolous, you would see a lot of korean girls wearing miniskirts or short shorts in summer, but showing clevage or back (considered even worse in korea) it creates a scandal. I can remember my grandma forcing a shirt on me, when I was young because I ran around wearing a spaghetti top. So I think it's just different culture, different views. :P

P.S. they did wear a lots of thigh-showing outfits before, especially in the Why are you being like this performances.

Thank you for pointing out the culture part. At first I thought it was just gender differences, but now it's more like a cultural issues because the only two people so far in this thread who dislike shorts are Muslim (not saying that it's bad), but because there were histories with practice of veiling and stuff so fashion wise would probably be stricter for Muslim folks.

Long pants can makes them look hot too

Sorry to quote you again kenzo, but you have to be more open-minded about things. Long pants indeed can makes them look hot, but so does short pants. Why limit yourself to one option when you can choose more? Like jiyy said, it's probably just a cultural differences for you, so it might be hard to approach and understand this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

as a guy i don't see a problem with them wearing tight clothes and that, of course those come from the culture itself and how the person receives it, kenzo is muslim and don't like they getting somewhat "sexier"(sexier don't always need to be flashier but don't find another word to put there) for their vids it is ok; the muslim fact might be left out as there are conservative persons on every place in the world and they aren't all muslims(sorry kenzo or anyone else if I offended anyone with this previous part)

and btw most of the female kpop groups have changed by now from cute to cute and sexy to get into a wider audience as most of the people watch the music videos because they like the moves and how it sounds but not knowing what it says(in my case i don't speak any korean at all) but later they look out for it if they feel the curiosity to know whats going on with the song itself, like me.

(expecting not to anger anyone my best regards)

• 5 months later...

I have the same opinion with kenzo ( still happy that they wear non revealing outfit for LD)

You forget to take account of the Korea society. Where women is still view less than men, and females when they got raped if they was wear revealing outfit would be consider "asking for it" . With such double standard, the baring of thighs, navels have more impact than other countries.

One of the reason I didn't like SNSD much in the beginning because they promote "sex sell" policy.

I like T-ara because they offer something more than makeup-chicken-legs, and senseless arousal. They create a whole new set of personalities when they change to a new concept. As a guy who admired talented people , I simply just fall in love with all of them.

I just hope they can still hold onto their core value and not running after showing off their bodies to make money.