Diadem Forums

[09.06.12] Top Star Look-A-Likes and How Far It Can Take Them

Elly

Girl-group T-ara member JiYeon has been gaining a lot of attention lately. Her particiapation in the project album with SeeYa and Davichi has been a top search in online music portals. The activities being proposed to JiYeon is almost explosive.

There has been a delay to their group's debut, however, how does marketing take its course? JiYeon has been named the 'nd Kim Taehee' for her facial similarities to Kim Taehee and has gained much attention for it. The public's been curious about many things such as how much she looks like Kim Taehee as well as the reason for their groups delayed debut date.

Nowdays in the entertainment business, there are many '2nd OOO (name of a top star)' which boosts their ability to market themselves well. Their Top Star-like looks let them market themselves better which leads to more attention.

Credits: daum + sportsseoul + Elly (translations) + diadem5

I just think that since the group hasn't still debuted yet, It's really nice to see JiYeon getting lot of attention because It's a good way to promote T-ara in the same time.

But comparing her to Kim Taehee isn't a good thing : I usually don't like to compare two artists because It gives more stress for the second one.

Guest GirlGotSoul

It's good that the girls (as well as Jiyeon) are getting attention but

I really want them to be famous for their music, not who they look

like. And I agree, Solin, I don't want Jiyeon to try and live up to who

she's being compared to. I want her to have her own successes and

legacies and what not.