Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] How long did it take you to learn their names?

iamjennie

Since I discovered T-ara after the regrouping, I still have no idea what Jiae and Jiwon look like, but I'm confident about the others. The first one I memorized was Hyomin, but that was in Invincible Youth, and I had to memorize four other girls from other groups as well (excluding Yuri and Sunny ^^). So whenever I watch anything T-ara related, the first girl I'm able to pick out is Hyomin.

At first, when I saw their new MV 'I Go Crazy Because of You', I got Eunjung and Boram mixed up (omg, how could I do that?!? Because of their short hair...><), but after I found out about the drastic height difference, I could tell them apart pretty well.

Kyuri, I think is the second easiest for me to recognize, after Hyomin. She just has this aura around her that marks her apart, kind of like SNSD's Hyoyeon. It's like, confidence. The way she walks, dances, everything. It's very distracting when I'm trying to figure out who's who.

The hardest for me to tell apart is Soyeon and Jiyoung. Both of their haircuts are fairly similar, so they only way I can discern them is their expressions. To me, just from watching their perftormances, Soyeon seems more experienced at life in general, yet more...rebellious? More like a teenager kind of feeling. Jiyoung seems more innocent curious and respectful.

I have yet to be able to match their voices to them, at least when they're singing. When Hyomin is talking, her voice is so unique! So overall, I haven't yet memorized their faces or voices completely, but I'll try as hard as I can to watch and listen with all my heart ^^

Hyomin as a pretty distinct face...I also recognized Eunjung pretty quickly 'cause she had short hair. Boram had short hair too but something was...different. Maybe the height? :) I also seem to have an odd talent to spot Jiyeon really quick...still learning the other names though :)

Only problem for me is the voices...can't tell them apart lol. Need to listen a bit more.

Back in their 'Lies' days, I seriously thought each of them somehow resembled at least one other in a way.

Especially when it came to Qri & Soyeon...that required several double-takes! lol I mean they all had similar hair color/styles...well, to me anyways :P

But it didn't take too long to recognize such distinct differences & actually putting names to faces! :D

Yeah, their faces looks the same to me. For their lies promotion, i couldn't distinguish between Hyomin & Eun-jung. Both of them have the similar hairstyle and their eyes looks the same. Additionally, i keep mixing Ji Yeon & Qri. Their outfits are always the same for Lies performance. The 2 members which are different would be So-yeon & Boram.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, This is like a question like one I answered on Soshified...

There I answered...I know the names of the ones I like...

But I keep getting two mixed up...

Here, Aish, I answer truthfully..

I can't seem to match Jiyeon and Soyeon's names with their faces...

I know their faces, but I can't remember their names...

• 2 weeks later...

I think after watching the BTS of Lies I kinda figured it out. It was easy to distinguish Boram and JiYeon. Then I saw that Qri had a birthmark on her nose, EunJung had a kinda doe/deer look, and I remember that SoYeon kinda looked scary. I think their TTL promotions made them really distinguished so it was easier from their on out to tell them apart.