Diadem Forums

[INFO] T-ara album sales

arcadey

I know that T-ara have high digital sales now are starting to become digital sales queens, but what about their physical album sales?

Do we have a sales thread for all their albums?

I was bored and browsing T-ara info online and I found this post on Hello K-Pop from December 1st 2011 that mentions Black Eyes sales. Here is the paragraph on it.

As previously announed, T-ara scored some impressive albums sales. They remained logically 2nd of the Gaon Weekly Album charts for the 2nd week in a row. Will those rankings translate into sales above 50,000 (which is very likely), it would make of T-ara one of the best female sellers on the physical charts for 2011. This comes rather a surprise considering T-ara’s main strengh has always been the digital, and proves that T-ara keeps rising at the very top of the Hallyu wave. They are joining SNSD, Kara, 2NE1, F(x) and IU as the best female sellers, album-wise. The gap that seperates this newly formed Top 6 is now too wide for any other female idol, even the Wonder Girls, to rival with those on the long term. Indeed, all those named artist for the Top 6 will end the year with over 120,000 combined albums sales, while the rest of the competition will still stay around at the 50,000 mark.

http://www.hellokpop.com/2011/12/01/t-ara-confirms-domination-on-the-gaon-weekly-charts/

I'm curious to know the sales of their albums, especially Black Eyes, Absolute First Album, and John Travolta Wannabe. Do they really have higher album sales than Wonder Girls? Do we know how they ranked in terms of 2011 album sellers?

Well if you're looking at GAON charts only, Black Eyes sold 30,936 in November.December figures will be out in a few days time.And based on weekly rankings for December you can safely say they sold more than WG.Black Eyes is T-ara's best selling album of any form. John Travolta Wannabe is around 56,000(Including copacabana repackage).We will not know how they rank in terms of album sellers in 2011 yet.

But if we look at Hanteo(which more people see it as a more reliable indication),their Absolute First sales is about 31,000+(with Breaking Heart Repackage),Temptastic sold about 8000+, JTW sold 15,000+ and Cry Cry sold about 37,000+.Cry Cry is at 23rd place for album sold on Hanteo in 2011 with this sales figure.JTW is 79th.

I dont think the girls are really good album sellers yet,we will see how they sell for funky town first.cos cry cry sales shoot up too unexpectedly and this may be a one-off increase.so we will wait and see.But its definitely an improvement from the past.

Hope this helps :)