Diadem Forums

[09.12.11] God of Study releases trailer

Jun

After appearing as a ghost in the horror drama, Soul, T-ara's Ji Yeon is back - appearing for a lead role in KBS 2TV's new drama, Lord of Study.

Although being the youngest in a group of 6 girls might hold some back, it's obviously not holding back T-ara's maknae Ji Yeon from appearing in 3 separate dramas over the past 6 months. After first appearing in Soul over the summer, fans were left speechless from the talent coming from the 16 year old singer and actress - and since then, Ji Yeon has been labeled as the little girl with big talents to watch out for.

In Lord of Study (tentative title), Ji Yeon will be the appearing alongside "the nation's little brother," Yoo Seung Hoo. This isn't the first time Ji Yeon and Yoo Seung Hoo would be working together though, Yoo Seung Hoo previously had given Ji Yeon her very first kiss back in T-ara's debut music video, "Lies." Yoo Seung Ho is said to be the rebellious child, Hwang Baekhyun at the new high school Ji Yeon enters, and she immediately falls for him - just like in the "Lies" video!

Scheduled to premiere on the January 4th, Lord of Study is a remake of the popular Japanese manga and drama Dragon Zakura. The story takes places in one of the worst high schools in the country. The students at the high school don't have any hopes or dreams for their futures. The school later on decides to hire a new teacher, who is going to be played by Kim Soo Ro, and this teacher swears to have 5 students from his classes change around their life and enter one of the top universities in the country.

video cr: Vagabond190

I was like WTH, isnt Jiyeon the female lead??? there is like almost close to zero scene cuts of her??? LOL

cr : omgkpop

Edited by nathaniel
PLEASE add your source(s)! I've done it for you this time.

i thought so too

i didnt see much of jiyeon

didnt acting along side "the nation's little brother," Yoo Seung Hoo mean female lead?

i think i only saw like a few seconds of jiyeon at the end; not even 5

lets hope she actually gets more screentime in the actual movie

I'm really confused about the character. I know it's a remake, so it wouldn't follow the original version 100%, but it should have references to the original version. Jiyeon is playing Gakki's character, who wasn't the lead in Dragon Zakura, should could be playing Nagasawa's character, but then she wouldn't be paired up with Seungho... Really can't wait for it to start to know at least the character.

• 3 weeks later...