Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] How did you discover T-ara and why do you like them?

nathaniel

Richard/18/Philippines

1. How did you discover/learn about T-ara?

A: At first, I discovered T-ara because of their fancy/catchy music plus their cute music videos, but at that time, I only knew Eunjung because she's the leader back then. I learned about T-ara when I started watching Invincible Youth. The show is really cool because of its unique concept. Then, I got my eyes on this "Sunny's Folding Screen" (which is Hyomin). So I became curious and started to search for Hyomin. Eventually, I after searching for Hyomin --> T-ara --> All Members, thus I became crazy and in love with them!

2. Why do you like T-ara?

A: I don't just like T-ara, I LOVE THEM! :) It is because they never failed to make their fans happy when it comes to music and variety. They always make us laugh, cry, excited and etc. T-ara makes my life lively and full of emotions. Every music video, live performances and variety show are a must watch because, I know that it will make me happy and proud of T-ara. Finally, I love each and everyone of them because of their uniquely COOL personality that makes them a totally different girl group among other groups. <3

Optional

3. What is your favorite thing to do/feature on Diadem?

A: I'm still new to Diadem, but upon arriving here, I liked the news section which keeps me updated from T-ara. And of course, the trusty subbed videos (thank you subbers) and gallery section.

Diadem Fighting~!! :D

michelle/24/singapore

A: before i get to know T-ara, i am not a fan for k-pop and i don't understand the craze for hallyu. however, one day out of boredom, i tune in to Music Bank for the 1st time and the 1st performance i saw was T-ara's Cry Cry.. somehow the music and the dance captivate my heart. they were unique and different from other groups. my love for them continue to grow after watching their variety show, drama and movie. up till now, i am still not a fan of k-pop, i am just a fan of T-ara

A: i like them the way they are. i like their personality, their angelic heart towards the needy, their bond between each other is something i really envy of. i like them for being able to give me sweet dreams while listening to their songs. i like them for making my day happier by watching their video/news. in conclusion, i am madly in love with them! they are an awesome group!

Quinn/23/USA

A: I was actually a fan of Supernova/CSS before I became a fan of T-ara's as well and when TTL came out I watched the music video and BAM, the vocals were amazing and i became curious and started liking T-ara more and more and more, Bo peep was the first actual T-ara song I heard and I'll still randomly just start dancing and singing to it, even at work!

A: What isn't there to love about these girls? They all seem so sweet, and each have something that just draws you in, my current favorites are Eunjung, Jiyeon and Hwayoung, but I adore the other girls as well. Basically I like them...just because, theres no explainable reasons. <3

Optional

A: Roam around and just read up on various things, I learned more about T-ara coming here, and its been a very long time since I've wanted to be fan forum active so Diadem is changing that for me.

Ahmad Firdaus Yosman/20/Malaysia

A: I only started listening to K-pop in 2009 and I one day while I was flipping through the channels, I stumbled upon KBS World, where they were showing the very first episode of Invincible Youth. I watched the show and followed it progress from week to week and this one character really amused me with how she was always edited out and shy of the camera. Later I learned that she was Hyomin, from a group that had just debuted called T-ARA. From then on, I followed T-ARA's progress every step of the way and when I fell in love with Jiyeon, I couldn't hold back my feelings. I loved T-ARA!

A: The thing is, T-ARA is unlike any other girl group out there. Some people prefer SNSD but I refuse to be caught in all that "world domination" hype. T-ARA has their own perspective of the K-pop industry, ever-changing their concepts and never letting anything go stale. Their music is something that is fun, cheerful and full of spirit and this is really encouraging. In every song there is something behind their words, their chants and the choreography. It is the artistic value that one may argue be in-evident, but as it makes us the listeners feel entranced and hooked, and makes sing us "Yayaya" till we forget any other word we knew.

Besides that, T-ARA has a knack of drawing people with their witty personalities. This is their unprecedented charm. Their quirky antics, their on and off camera behavior and their relationship with each other is something that is utmost heart-warming. They give out a family atmosphere among them and take in the fans as their own family as well. They look out for each other and treat the members like sisters. How they survive long hours of work, performances and schedules is beyond me and this never-say-die attitude deserves a lot of respect and appreciation.

In the end, it's the love that they convey through their actions, words and movements that makes us, QUEEN'S love them even more. Not a day passes without me thinking, listening or even dream of T-ARA. ^^

Optional

A: I like the news articles, discussions and projects here. Diadem is a really organized forum and I really enjoy spending my time here when I do. Kudos to the Admins, Mods, GUs and everyone here at Diadem. This place is marvelous. Majestic! ^^

Jas/19/Singapore

1. How did you discover T-ara?

A: Sometime early last year, there had been a program on MTV Asia playing, “Top 100 K-Pop MVs” or something like that. Having only been exposed to SNSD so far and being relatively new to the genre, I decided to take it as an opportunity to broaden my scope of K-pop, maybe introduce myself to a few groups that I could follow.

Then I Go Crazy Because Of You started playing, with all the flashing lights and the heavy beat and those six fierce girls, and I was just floored. I think I spent the whole afternoon just watching I Go Crazy Because Of You performances, before I moved on to Why Are You Being Like This, YaYaYa, Bo Peep Bo Peep, TTL, Like The First Time – you get my drift. I remember watching an episode of Hello Baby to end off the day, that one with them joking around in the ramen shop, and well, the rest is history. I was sold.

A: I could go on forever.

They are amazing performers, no question. Versatility is something that I deeply admire in a performer, and these girls really live up to their “chameleons of gayo” name. Character, strength, overwhelming stage presence – they’ve got it all. And, most importantly, do they ever know how to have a good time. To me, it doesn’t matter so much if your choreography is spot-on, or if you’re pitch-perfect. What matters more, I think, is a performer’s ability to get their audience to enjoy the performance. Engage them, have fun on stage, thoroughly enjoy what you’re doing, so that the audience may enjoy themselves too.

The seven of them represent just the sort of performer I aspire to be. They helped shape my performance philosophy, or to put it simply, they changed what I was aiming for as a dancer. They helped me improve, at a time where I had hit a bit of a rut. I have a lot to thank them for.

But that’s only one half of it. They’ve taught me so many things, so many lessons. Know your weaknesses and work with your strengths. Spiteful words should be brushed off and ignored. Never be afraid of trying again. Worries are merely fleeting things. Take what chances you can get, carpe diem. To be imperfect is to be human. There’s a time for work, and a time for play. And most of all, there is nothing you can’t accomplish by working hard, and trying your best.

They’ve worked and charged through the thick of what we know as their crazy schedules, but, no doubt, they’ve also had to face difficulties that we Queen’s do not know of (and, in all likelihood, will never know of). And yet, there they still stand, smiling, laughing, joking around, bringing joy to us by being joyful themselves.

I needn't go into how beautiful they all are, or their wonderful voices, their dancing, their acting, or even their lovable, adorable, quirky personalities. I can safely say that those are some of the many things that all Queen's love about them, no matter who we are or where we come from. But they've always been more than just idols – that being singers, dancers, actresses, performers – to me. They are “idols” that truly deserve to be idolized and looked up to, because of all they are and all they represent.

Role models. I'd call them that.

A: In this rumor-rich environment called the K-pop fandom, where the validity of tidbits and articles constantly comes into question, I've come to rely on Diadem to provide reliable translations for all the T-ara news I need to know. Much easier than having to cross-check every other piece of info here and there.

And of course, there're the subbed videos and translations for non-Korean speaking fans like myself. I highly doubt I would have been able to learn as much as I did about T-ara without them.

(...I'm sorry it's so long, lol.)

Matt/19/Sydney

A: I think I just saw them doing well in the charts when I first got into KPop in about 2010, so I got their Absolute First mini album. Then after listening to it, I wasn't really drawn in, so I didn't really follow them after that until now, after watching EunJung in WGM and DH. And now I'm really into them haha and I've got most of their albums and have listened to all of their songs!!! They're just so good, I don't know why I didn't see that before, but I'm really happy to be supporting them now :D

A: They're whole concept really appeals to me. Their appearance is bright and happy, which matches their boppy and upbeat musical style. Plus, all the members have their own individual style to match their musical concept. Just everything about them is perfect to me and keeps drawing me further and further in.

A: Check the news and keep up to date with everything T-ara is doing :3

• 2 months later...

Rui / 23 / Philippines

A: I discovered them via a friend when he made me watch their Bo Peep Japanese MV for Eun Jung. :lol:

A: Because of Jiyeon and Eunjung, and the fact that they are a little less mainstream. I also like the chemistry of their group.

Optional

A: I'm fairly new here, but I like the fact that this is probably the best place for me to find anything that is T-Ara related :)

Jenny / 17 / Malaysia

A:I learnt of them from my friends,one of them recommended t-ara's cry cry....

A: Honestly,mainly because of Jiyeon.But i learnt to love other members as well like eunjung and hyomin...

As i listen to their songs and watched variety shows of them,i fell in love with them more...Their

ever-changing concept appeals to me too..

A:Check on updates about T-ara and reading comments B)

J.Lee/19/Singapore

A: i discover them when i was watching music bank, it was their debut stage and their song really caught me which made me became a fan. They then make a comeback with Bo Peep Bo Peep, the song that made me became a big fanboy of t-ara ever since :D

A: it was the song "Lies" that caught my attention at first. then i slowly know each of the members and jiyeon became my ultimate bias ever since.

Although jiyeon is my ultimate bias, i had to say that T-ara is the only few group that has pretty members with lots of potential in them. At first they had jiyeon and qri as their "image", soyeon and boram as main vocals, eunjung and hyomin as rappers, which made me see them as a perfectly balanced group. i really like groups that have different members with different talent, these made the group seems more "completed".