Diadem Forums

[10.01.09] Which Girl Group is Going to Own 2010?

Elly

T-ara is far far ahead of the mentioned rookie girl groups.

Honestly out of all the girl group debuts only 4Minute, T-ara and 2NE1 have really left an impression. Since 4Minute have to yet to really make their mark without a monster hit song (they did win once for Muzik) T-ara has come out in front, and I think the real rookie girl group competition is between those two groups.

T-ara is doing well with their full length album filled with songs that have potential to become hits while 4Minute have Hyuna and a pretty solid mini album. These two groups are only a couple steps behind 2NE1 whom I still see as rookie :) ... 2NE1 have good music but their success lies in YG's name and having fans from the hype built 4 years before their debut.

SNSD will continue to dominate without their real competitors in the game (puahaha .. jks I love wonder generation) and I suppose Kara will continue appealing to their fanbase but they've always been a stable group that puts out music that follows the trend of that year.

To be honest ... with so many groups, I don't think their will be *one* group who dominates them all because everyone promotes at different times and there will always be more than one trendy song of the year.

And because I hate that it's a case of *out of sight out of mind* ... the WG will continue on their quest to become world stars :D<3 so I hope the girl group boom continues to flourish in 2010 where everyone can get their chance to shine because by 2011 ... the WG will be back and ready for an all-kill smackdown puahaha .. i'm joking <3 .. well that's what i wish for.