Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Is Hyomin the dominant ones for T-ara?

VoxiVoxi

• 3 weeks later...

I feel as if Hyomin is focused wayy too much in T-ara,

she gets the spotlight more than the other members do which kind of makes me mad because the other members should get to experience or share that spotlight also, they're all in the group as well right?

And it made me mad also when Hyomin sang mostly the whole song for 'Lies.' They didn't even give Qri any parts. Qri could have sung at least one of Hyomin's lines ; 'Lies' is practically Hyomin's song.

But whatever, now CCM's learned to focus on the other underrated member(s) more. ((:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've noticed this with other groups as well, but it seems that they try to give parts to the girls based on the song itself really. And naturally the camera is going to try and focus on the ones that are singing the most so as to try and show the group off. While it does seem that certain members do end up getting more lines to sing/camera time, that's just the nature of the industry though.

• 1 month later...

There are various reasons for that. Ok, some members in some groups aren't known for they're singing/are the main dancers. In lives, unless they have a solo dance like Hyoyeon, they are given almost no camera time. (note: SNSD Hyoyeon (main dancer) Hyuna is not a singer, she's a rapper, Taecyeon isn't known for his singing but rapper, etc).

Hyomin, Eunjung, and Hwayoung are almost always guaranteed parts, because of they're rapping skills. All the members that get camera time are usually the ones that have the loudest voice/strongest dancing or is the most attractive. Not to mention, those with unique voices have some guaranteed camera time.

Also, this may be a little sensitive for some, but in other kpop forum sites, the "worst" singers of kpop groups are frequently discussed. In T-ara, it's mostly voted as Qri.

Oh! And as a strategy thing, the maknae and leader are ALWAYS broadcasted first, then the rappers and the middle people. In other words, if the maknae is famous, so are the other members.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hmmm... i think she's the one of the most popular member.

'cause she can act, rap, sing, and dancing well. and she also be one of the guest star in many variety show

yeah, i know she have a lot of singing line. it's because of her position, she's one of the lead vocal.

and she's a pretty girl, so maybe the cameramen love Hyomin, and the cameramen always give the focus to her.

it's usual happenned to all group :)

so i feel OK for this

Like many people said already, the group's structure is one that we cannot do anything about it. It's simply how the agencies had planned out for them, with most likely a long-term mapping of the members' roles and such. As for the cameramen, this is something that should be taken toward Mnet, KBS, etc. if you're troubled with the cameraman's being biased and record this member more than the other. In fact, that's also the video editors' fault for not trying to balance it out, but then again, their job is not to make sure of such thing. I personally don't really mind too much about this whole cameraman thing, but if you're bothered enough about it then you should do something to change it. There's really no point expressing your disappointment here since nothing will be change.

• 3 months later...

Since Hyomin is one of the original members of T-ara,there's no suprised she got the most lime light.Besides,she is one of the Big 3.

However,it also depends on the songs.

Soyeon and Hyomin (Eunjung barely sings or rap nowadays :( ) dominates a certain songs (Like Cry Cry and Lovey Dovey) while in live perfomance,the cameraman focus more on Jiyeon since she is basically the face of T-ARA and she is the main dancer.

But,I think Qri,Boram and Hwayoung must feel a little bit upset because they didn't receive enough attention from the media and fans.