Diadem Forums

[09.08.11] T-ara barred from using mobile phones

nathaniel

21eoras.jpg

T-ara barred from using mobile phones

With the Korean music industry still reeling from the TVXQ vs SM Entertainment lawsuit, there was news today that new girl group, T-ara has been barred from using their own mobile phones by their company recently.

T-ara expressed on the 10th, "After discussions with our company (Mnet Media), we have voluntarily handed in our mobile phones to them. If there's any urgent matter, we will borrow our manager's mobile phone." With mobile phones very much an essential part of a young girl's lifestyle, is the management company going too far with this action?

With regards to this, their manager said, "Not just their mobile phones, we are also restricting their time on the internet. We felt that malicious postings against them on the internet will affect their daily training." He added, "More than 80% of the comments posted by netizens are hateful remarks towards individual members. These hateful remarks does nothing useful, and will just make them feel depressed, etc. So we decided on this after consultation with all the members and got their consent."

Weeks before their debut, T-ara would hand over their mobile phones when they wake up at 6am. It will then be returned to them once training is over at night. But the company felt that text messaging by the members were affecting their sleep time, so they decided to raise the bar and take away their mobile phones for a period of time instead.

Their manager ended by saying, "This is nothing new. Others like Lee Seung Gi and F.T Island also didn't have mobile phones when they just debuted. Not just Tara, it's the same with many idol groups. There are of course some instances where certain members would secretly use their mobile phone without the company's notice. This is where I and the innocent members would start "hunting" them down."

cr: allkpop + diadem

"This is where I and the innocent members would start "hunting" them down."

Ehm, this sounds really weird! Besides the fact that they need so much protection, like from their own curiosity even. But they don't seem to care much about that they have friends and family which they might just hear from via mobile? It's like an imprisonment sort of.

Guest GirlGotSoul

I'm sorry but I think taking away their phones is a little dumb...they're overthinking the possibilities

of having the phones/using the internet. It's like they're trying to shield T-ara from everything that

could affect their training. And the thing about the hurtful comments...yes, they don't do any good

for the girls but everyone faces them.

Sohee

had to face them,

Tiffany

too. How are they going to

be strong for themselves if they're being "protected" from those comments? They have to learn

that they need to face it and be strong and confident. Then they can shine and perform and even

if there's still bad things being said, they can be like "Whatever, that's nothing new" and go on.

I'm sorry but I think taking away their phones is a little dumb...they're overthinking the possibilities

of having the phones/using the internet. It's like they're trying to shield T-ara from everything that

could affect their training. And the thing about the hurtful comments...yes, they don't do any good

for the girls but everyone faces them.

Sohee

had to face them,

Tiffany

too. How are they going to

be strong for themselves if they're being "protected" from those comments? They have to learn

that they need to face it and be strong and confident. Then they can shine and perform and even

if there's still bad things being said, they can be like "Whatever, that's nothing new" and go on.

ahhh, I agree.

But I guess this has happened before to SHINee and also FTI.

I guess if this is what they want to do, this is what they have to do. And I think it could also prevent them from getting depressed, since you know how Korea has the highest number of suicides in the world. I just don't understand not having phones ever, don't they have family to talk to? What if there was an emergency..?

I think this is a little over the top. Those comments is like a part of the ent. industry. They have to be strong enough to handle it. But how can they learn to be strong, if the company is overprotecting them? I bet SNSD had a lot of those hateful comments, since their's so many antis out there. No offense! I'm a SNSD fan^^