Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Would You Still Like T-ara If They Went Mainstream?

Elly

Seeing how the OP was in August, I guess it's safe to say T-ara has already went "mainstream"...as in went techno-y as the OP puts it with the Absolute album. What amazes me is how their sound now is STILL quite unique. It's new and fresh, I certainly don't see many girl groups singing these songs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Exactly what I was thinking. They are an Idol girl group created by a big company. Their already mainstream. Their image concept & music isn't that much different from all the other Idol girl groups out now or past groups, not to mention that if they weren't mainstream they wouldn't be performing on Music Bank, Inkigayo, and all those other music shows. And they wouldn't be getting CF offers and starring in TV shows either. Maybe their definition of mainstream is different from the dictionary definition of mainstream.

MTE. Ain't they already mainstream in the first place? They were never underground artistes to begin with and they're signed to a big recording/management company. Perhaps what the OP meant was if we would still support T-ara if they switched to a different style of music or edgier concept? I would still like them, I think they're pretty versertile and can pull off a variety of genres and concepts.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd still support them even if they changed their sound to match what is currently "mainstream" in the industry over there right now as long as they were able to keep their concepts for the songs unique (like yayaya). Those off the wall concepts and their personalities are what make them a more attractive group to me. It also shows how close they all are to each other, which is a very nice thing to see

• 7 months later...

I think T-ara has tried most of the music concepts and it doesnt really matter what genre it is, they always do well? Fans like t-ara not because of their music alone but because of the personalities and that so for me i dont think it necessarily matters what type of music they do they will still be popular...

• 6 months later...

Definitely, aren't we loving them now? This thread was made back in the 'Lies' days when yea its true T-ara is quite unique back in 2009. But honestly they've went a little mainstream at this point but they're still bringing new and creative stuffs to the table so who's complaining, i'm glad they are going the current path laid out for them :). They've been getting waayyy more new fans after they've went mainstream anyway, but the disadvantage of this is that it's rare to really see a true t-ara fan, most of the new fan's aren't that knowledgeable of their songs etc.

This thread is old, LAWL.

But anyway, with Lovey Dovey, They already sound mainstream.

Because there are many group out there to this day, no song are considered non-mainstream anymore. If you got what I mean.Too much diversity to make weirdness = normal.

This thread is old, LAWL.

But anyway, with Lovey Dovey, They already sound mainstream.

Because there are many group out there to this day, no song are considered non-mainstream anymore. If you got what I mean.Too much diversity to make weirdness = normal.

Yes it is and for that reason I'm locking this beezy down. The replies echo one another anyway.