Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Who is the visual?

joshmatthew9

Face of the group (the one you'll think of when you hear the group's name, she is the most popular and brings the group's image)

IMO, that would be Jiyeon. She brings new fans and helps keep them in the fanbase.

Visual of the group (the most good looking member of the group. They usually get the attention of people through their physical attractiveness.)

IMO, it would be Hyomin (maybe coz I'm biased but oh well its imo anyways). But the more important reason is I really do find her to be the most attractive member. I'm guessing she got casted not only because of her talent but mainly because she is pretty damn good looking. She was not called an Ulzaang for no reason.

But, I do also find Jiyeon attractive and good looking while Hyomin's popularity is comparable to Jiyeon's (and Eunjung's). So may be they are both. Hahaha

Though! One member can be both Visual and Face. An example would be Suzy from Miss A and Sunhwa from Secret. For boy groups it would be Nichkhun.

All of these are IMO.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Face of the group (the one you'll think of when you hear the group's name, she is the most popular and brings the group's image)

Visual of the group (the most good looking member of the group. They usually get the attention of people through their physical attractiveness.)

If I would answer based on this definition.

The face of the group would definitely be Eun Jung and visual is either Jiyeon / Hyomin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The visual and face are basically the same, I think it's even the same word used for both in korean. It's the member considered the prettiest and most distinctive in the group. Usually stands in the center during interviews and such and is promoted a lot for their looks. It's basically the group's mascot. In T-ara's case I think it's safe to say it's Jiyeon. Doesn't necessarily have to be the most popular in the group, though that is often the case.

The visual and face are basically the same, I think it's even the same word used for both in korean. It's the member considered the prettiest and most distinctive in the group. Usually stands in the center during interviews and such and is promoted a lot for their looks. It's basically the group's mascot. In T-ara's case I think it's safe to say it's Jiyeon. Doesn't necessarily have to be the most popular in the group, though that is often the case.

Every now and then the visual and the face are different but it's usually the same person. 

Jiyeon is the face and the visual in T-ara for example but Dasom is the visual in Sistar whereas Hyolyn is the face. 

Every now and then the visual and the face are different but it's usually the same person. 

Jiyeon is the face and the visual in T-ara for example but Dasom is the visual in Sistar whereas Hyolyn is the face. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the words 'visual' and 'face' the same in korean?  I was fairly sure at least entertainment companies use one word for both of them. Honestly it's silly that people bother to differentiate them. The visual/face is the mascot, the most popular member  is just  that, the most popular member of the group. Trying to make up different categories that aren't even used by companies just makes things more complicated then they need to be. Reminds me of that guy on Onehallyu that made a thread to differentiate different positions that companies never used, like center man/woman and such.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Jiyeon but i think it's not really a fixed position in T-ara. Like in these recent releases, Hyomin is such a badass performer that the camera gravitates towards her. But during the RP and LD era it's Jiyeon.... not sure. I wish this year it would be Cutie Pretty Qri. So she can show more to us that she owned that title. 

(I love Boram but I know she's just so shy to claim that role, or who knows?  ;) )

From my point of view, when they were first debut, I believe Qri was suppose to be Visual of the group while for face of the group it was Hyomin or Eunjung from then it changes onto different members which it's depends on their come back concepts and gain popularities.

Overall these years changes on to Jiyeon which is now both visual and face of the group because She has appears a lot on CF, dramas and variety shows well of course she gain heaps of popularities due of her looks and charismatic act feels than others while I think for second runner rank in face of the group, it will be hyomin then second runner rank for visual of the group I think it's Eunjung.

Those 3 T-ara members are top most popular in Korea or international too, they were the original members when they first make the group awhile the rest members was added on which its make it perfect 6-ara as success T-ara today.

So to answer your question I believe it's Park Jiyeon, maknae of the group. 

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...