Diadem Forums

[12.08.14] T-ara's Soyeon determined to film for "Haeundae Lovers" tomorrow

nathaniel

Soyeon have to take a rest for full recover because this will effect her body later....but when think about it Soyeon doesn't have choice.Why? BECAUSE STUPID NETIZENS WILL SAY( already said i mean) 'JUST REMOVE HER FROM THIS DRAMA,WE DON'T WANT TO SEE HER' and their wish will come true..after this car accident antis keep saying nonsense..t-ara has to be strong.

ARRGGH I ALSO HATE WORD 'DETERMINATION'

Soyeon is a good girl, she's very excited and passionate in her new drama. I hope her manager and her company could show her that right now its very important for her to be in her best condition first. This is the second day after the accident, but she's too shock to know that even bad things occured in a flash sequence. Soyeon is a good girl, fans are very worried about you and your health. Please be patient now, take a proper rest, your friends and seniors in the drama team will understand. Fans, family and friends love you. Take a good care of your health first. Stay healthy and strong. :)

Okay i admire Soyeon's determination but if the doctor said she should rest then she should.. This doctors knows what their talking about they wouldn't say you're injury is serious if it's not, they wouldn't command you to rest if you doesn't need it.. So personally i would like Soyeon to rest first.. I'm a Queen and a Soyeon fan and i am so worried of her.. I mean who cares what the netizens/antis would say,, even if she did go and tape they would still hate and gave bad meaning to her actions, they will still bash her no matter if she go to her taping tomorrow or not because they are ANTIS, it's the NETIZENS were talking about here, they're psycho, they have no life and most of all they will always find things to hate just because they wanted to and think it's fun since they just sit behind those computers of theirs hidden.. they seriously are the worse human creature, (and yes they're even worse than a killer) because even if they don't kill the person literally they push them to commit suicide and what makes them worse is that not only they push people to commit suicide but they pushed them to depression too.. they abuse and hurt them maybe not physically but emotionally & mentally and that's worse than getting hit physically..

SO PLEASE SOYEON HEALTH FIRST BEFORE WORK!!! Queens would understand, your fans would understand because even though we wanted to watch you so much our #1 wish and want is still for you to heal from all your injuries & to stay healthy..

I can totally understand where she is coming from. This scandal has not been easy as T-ara has been under the scrutiny of MANY individuals so she wants to do well and to top it off, this is her first drama that she has been eager to star in. Factor in that these girls have truly been workaholic to perform the best that they can, I can see her feeling a burden of her own creation to be at the set. She probably already feels a huge burden because of the scrutiny she has brought to the drama already and does not want to impose anymore.

KKS may or may not approve of this but I think she has a big part in wanting to go on set too. It's 11PM here and both my boyfriend and I are still working for our separate companies because we feel obligated to get work done when it is being asked of us too and I do not have nearly the same dedication as she does. I really do want her to rest but knowing these girls, they will keep pushing themselves to do their best and put in more than the body can physically handle. :(

lets take a rest for a while soyeon.

make your body health first, and then you can filming the heundae lover

i worry your condition will be worse if you want to continue filming

but people who best knowing about their condition is themselve

so i hope your decision to continue filming is good for you

I find it hard to believe that this is actually Soyeon's decision. I'm not downing her determination because we all know how hard she, and the rest of T-ara, works. This is probably CCM/KKS' doing. And quite frankly, it's not a very good idea. Soyeon really needs to take at the very least one or two weeks off.

If Soyeon does end up going through with filming very shortly after this accident, I hope she can fully recover. And if it is in fact Soyeon's decision, then I can't help but feel sorry for her. She must feel a lot weighing down on her shoulders if she's compelled to continue filming despite what happened, with this being her first drama and all. Adding to the fact that T-ara already has a few established actresses, she probably doesn't want to disappoint - which she wouldn't even if she took a break, mind you.

It hurts me to see any T-ara member having to work while being in such pain, let alone my bias :(

If this wasn't forced by Core Content Media, then Soyeon has to be one of the strongest woman on earth, not that she isn't already.

I don't know, I wasn't following things back then, but I wonder if that statement about her wanting to go back to work more or less follows the template of statements that have been released in the past following accidents and injuries. Like someone else mentioned, this statement kind of being a kind of back-handed threat, especially given Mr. Kim's attitude to taking leave, medical or otherwise. A la, [sing-songy] "Just remember, if you take any kind of break there will be consequences!" Also, by releasing a statement like this (note there are no direct quotes - as in, did she really say anything like that?), it pressures her into conforming to the schedule in the statement (returning to filming early), because, the company would hypothetically argue, otherwise she'd have to go back on her word - again, the idea is that even if she didn't say she would go back early, it's already been reported that she had, so contradicting the above statement to the media would appear, at face value, to be an instance of her reneging on a promise to perform.

Cause you see, it's downright appalling that Mr. Kim and CCM's policies, decisions and actions routinely inspire cynicism in their fans. I mean, it's a credit to you kids that you can still find it in yourselves to demonstrate real pathos towards Soyeon in this situation. But the company so often does things that normally create cynicism and disillusionment. Not that I don't feel for her (I left my well-wishing on the other post), but I've really only followed T-ara starting this year and I'm already all "This again" (again, I truly do feel for her but I've expressed that elsewhere and don't feel the need to do so "publicly" once again - by "this again" I mean "more CCM garbage"). And again, it's disgusting that CCM is basically banking on your humanity, your goodwill (some would say, naivete) - without making any apparent effort to even just respect you. To a certain extent, it seems the company encourages taking these risks not in pursuit of some kind of artistic ideal or in the pursuit of a solid work ethic as a value in itself, not to help these kids (the performers) build their careers or develop as artists, but simply because they know it will arouse the sympathies of the fandom, which will in turn enable them to market their idols more successfully.

But as for all the talk of the unethical taking and leaking of the photographs, let me return to my crackpot theorizing that everyone loves so much. I remember the original diagnosis was that it was a strain - granted, there would still be cause for further examination, and the neck brace is probably simply a wise precaution given the circumstances. Say it was a staff member or another manager (replacing the accident one) who took the pictures - taken from an angle where you can't see her face, which, I assume, would be too much, especially given the adherence to the "idol mystique" which the companies demonstrate over there. Anyway, the company itself leaks the photos to a news agency eager enough to think itself lucky and post the pictures (when, like they should actually be ashamed or something). They also count on (or instruct) the reporters to add that she looks like she's in pain, adding to the build-up of sympathy. They come out with this statement, both for the reasons alluded to above, and to make it sound like Soyeon's such a trooper! Concern builds on the sympathy, and admiration for her work ethic of steel is added to the mix. Then, when the tests come back in agreement with the original "she's not too physically shaken up" diagnosis (as was initially expected), yay, it looks like a small miracle - adding to the prior sympathies are joys and fuzzy feelings. And finally, Soyeon's early (that is, premature) return to the work force reinforces the workplace culture at CCM - there is yet another example in the bag of an injured idol taking medical risks and short-cutting through her rehab, so that the next time someone takes a spill, there's even more ammunition with which to pressure that next member into doing the same.

I mean, you'll have to forgive me if I don't do my fact-checking but elements of this incident really do remind me of stuff I've heard before. And I guess I'm not really holding out much hope anymore that Soyeon sees the bigger picture in quite the same way I do, but it'd be pretty cool if she said "Screw the boss, I'm taking as much medical leave as is warranted," in effect daring him to censure her. I mean, again, she doesn't have to see things the way I do, but as leader, and as, like, chief performer up till now, she's in something of a position to challenge the boss on some of his policies and backhanded dealings - and, like, with things the way they are at CCM, maybe there's some cause for her to put her career on the line a little so that she and the others can have a healthier life and work environment or something. Of course, the backlash could be severe, so she'd also have to prepare herself for all that could be, and if she's not prepared to deal with that, well, just that, but still. I'll stop now.

I think I could understand why our dear Soyeon is determined to work, because of the crew and staff and fellow actors recently got employed, and she doesn't want to burden them any further in her absence. She is thinking about them, and us, as we anticipate her work on this drama. As the saying goes, . . . time is money in the entertainment industry. There's only so much time a film crew can shoot in a specific location. Not to mention catering, lodgings, paid wages, taxes, insurance, and a whole bunch of other essential aspects for a drama to be completed. Soyeon is most likely thinking about a great many things, which probably includes this as well. I applaud her spirit, it is unfortunate that she gotten into an accident along with 5 others on a slippery road that sent the vehicle into hydroplaning mode.

I hope she recovers soon, and perform her best for her role in the drama.

PABO soyeon PABO!!!! >.<

I want to scold you, you know that?

I know, that just like me, many want to see you in HL but do you think we are okay seeing you taping after this incident?

Ssyo, i know this is your first drama, but, too much work is just too much!!! >.<

But okay fine... sigh, i know you can't read this message but... sigh, fine, Queen's!!! Let's just continue supporting our beloved stubborn Leader... >.<

and somehow, maybe if i'm in her condition, i also don't want to be like a burden because of this incident... Despite your stubbornness ssyo, i salute you for having tons of respect to your co-workers.. Fighting!