Diadem Forums

[10.02.04] T-ara bags their second Best Newcomer Award at Seoul Music Awards

*YANiPOPO*

29kyof9.jpg

February 3rd marked the 19th year for the prestigious Seoul Music Awards.

Rookie girl-group T-ara, who recently exploded in the business not just with their hit songs, but with their appearances on TV as well. With the success of their first album "Absolute First Album" brought in more success than they expected.

Leader of the group Eunjung said, "When making music, we dont expect anything. But we're glad we have been supported by fans and non-fans alike. Our album brought T-ara in the forefront and we're happy because the success was unexpected."

The members thanked their seniors, the MNET Core Contents Media staff and their parents. They said with this award they wont stop working harder for their fans.

Member Hyomin said in an interview," Oh.. I'm so happy people liked the 'Bo Peep Bo Peep' choreography. We didnt like it at all at first and we were embarassed. Now we're happy people got addicted to it!"

The Best Newcomer Award is given to the rookies who showed exemplary excellence as an entertainer early on. The winners are not only picked on sales, but with fan votes as well. The jury scores are a huge impact too.

As much as they wanted to be there, member Jiyeon and Soyeon werent around. Jiyeon who has been garnering more and more success as an actress through her hit drama "God of Study" was absent because of filming conflict schedules. Member Soyeon was absent because she was diagnosed with the Swine Flu and is still expected to rest and be confined till the end of their promotions. A Core Contents Media representative has stated "Soyeon will be ready in-time for their repackaged album promotions. It will still be weeks away and we'll make sure Soyeon gets enough rest and recovers".

Cr: Newsen

Translation: *YANiPOPO* @ tiaradiadem.com

cool! Daesung awards is a good start for T-ara and following more to their success.

To be clear, DAESANG award = THE HIGHEST. Last Year the Wonder Girls won it for Nobody. This year SNSD got it for Gee.

What they won isnt a Daesang. It's the Best Newcomer Award/

that was a great show, was so happy when i saw T-ara won the award for Best Newcomer :). they really deserve this award ^^.

a big Congratz to the girls ^^. it was sad that Jiyeon and Soyeon couldn't be there, really wanted to see all 6 on stage receiving this award.

ooh well next goal: Daesang 2010 for T-ara haha :)?

thanks for sharing ^^

Ahhhhh, congrats to the girls!!!!! It's great <3

Though, it's a little sad that they had to perform a choreography that they didn't like .... -I'll admit that I was a little turned off by BPBP's choreo at first too-