Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] What do you think about Roly-Poly? (Both the MV and Live Perf)

kenzo

Since I can't find any topic about this, I'll start a new one.

What I like :

I think the music is catchy, at first I think nothing of the song at all, until the chorus. After the chorus, I started to take notice of the song and began to like it. I love the dance :). And it's nice to see that the lines are distributed equally, though I want more Jiyeon :P Also, LOVE the part where Jiyeon put her arm around Boram and bully her, looks so funny lol

What I don't like :

Ok first of all I like T-ara and love Jiyeon. So don't get me wrong for saying this. Seriously, T-ara's music and concept seem to fit the kind of music that I hate before I knew T-ara. I was hoping there's no rap part in the song, and as the music goes, I thought my wish was gonna come true, but they still include little rap in it. But that's okay, the rap didnt mess the song and only a little part of the song, so it doesnt bother me much. The Retro Concept, when I heard they're going to do this, I thought, oh man, seriously?I hated retro. Look at Jiyeon's hair and clothes when they're in the club, I feel so sorry for her :( The two concept that I hated most : Sexy and Retro. Of all concept, the company chose to go with retro ^_^ aww..

Overall :

I like the song, that's for sure. I like the dance also, must look great when they're dancing live. I used to hate rap (though rap has nothing to do with this, I'm just expressing all my thoughts) and the retro look, so I'm still trying to accept the retro concept. But I'm positive those who have nothing against retro will love this :D Hopefully T-ara's comeback will be a big hit <3 Now off to search for the Roly-Poly mp3 song...:)

Hum, it's a good song, but I think I will not listen long. The retro concept is not for me and I prefer songs like Yayaya or IGCBOY. And I found that them style is.... strange ? I'm not sur that the word is good, but I think as you. I hate the haircut of Qri ! And her clothes... <3'

Hum, it's a good song, but I think I will not listen long. The retro concept is not for me and I prefer songs like Yayaya or IGCBOY. And I found that them style is.... strange ? I'm not sur that the word is good, but I think as you. I hate the haircut of Qri ! And her clothes... <3'

At least Qri's hair better than Jiyeon...I hope they don't make Jiyeon put on the same hairstyle and clothes for the comeback stage <3....I sort of hate whoever manage T-ara now

me : Dad, how is 80's disco club look like

dad : well not much different

me : dad there is a korean song that is based on 80's

dad : really ?

*gave my dad the video*

dad : it sure brings back memory and who is that short girl

me : it's boram, boram is the eldest

dad : really ? she looks like an elementary kid

lol

overall i like it ! i like all of them but just one thing that i don't like, their make up are too over

Watched the Roly Poly live. After three times, got a feel.

Qri and Boram have more lines now. Finally they look a bit more relevant, and they are okay for the high keyed song.

Eunjung, no issues, she always seems to give off the right feel on stage, and get the singing right.

Soyeon was a bit under felt here. Can hear the voice when she cuts in to help Jiyeon, but not really see her. Again, as above, she always can nail her notes.

I'm amazed they never cracked down on Hyomin's short shorts, it appeared shorter than the ones in Genie. But still, she looked okay, no real issues, and good that the soloed some parts, or 20% of song.

Jiyeon looked zoned out at times, others said she looked bored, I however felt it was more of a "proud dancing queen" look, which worked for me.

Hwayoung, okay only, she seemed to fade in with the dancers. Her rap was okay but too short to say more. BTW, she looks really huge on the stage, even compared to the 1.68m members like Hyomin & Eunjung.

I just watched the live performance. They wore similar outfit which is hideous..Jiyeon...same hairstlye in the MV...........................................................:D

This is another live performance which I can't tell whether they're really singing or not..it sound almost the same in the mp3 song. Or it's just maybe they're so good singing live now.Eunjung, Soyeon and Hyomin as usual I can recognise their voice. Can someone tell me whether it's really Jiyeon's voice when the cameraman focus on her?Coz her voice sounds so different.

For those who didnt watch it yet, here's the link. The video quality is poor though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOWKgRuxlAg&feature=player_embedded

Soyeon was a bit under felt here. Can hear the voice when she cuts in to help Jiyeon, but not really see her. Again, as above, she always can nail her notes.

I'm amazed they never cracked down on Hyomin's short shorts, it appeared shorter than the ones in Genie. But still, she looked okay, no real issues, and good that the soloed some parts, or 20% of song.

Jiyeon looked zoned out at times, others said she looked bored, I however felt it was more of a "proud dancing queen" look, which worked for me.

Oh. Soyeon helped Jiyeon?No wonder it doesnt sound like Jiyeon's voice. I just watched it once though. Better watch it again. I dont know what to think about Jiyeon in this performance ><

I have a question... at around 1:10 and 2:20 of the live preformance, who is singing? The camera is on Jiyeon, but her lips are hardly moving and it sounds more like Eunjung or Soyeon? What do you all think? :P

Overall, I love the song and the preformance and can't wait for more!

(Although, I could alway use more Eunjung! I'm glad the camera man wasn't bias and we got a lot of good shots of all the girls!)

hmm i don't agree with those that say there is a prob with the make up artiste or what nots,T-ara's comeback theme was intended to be retro John Travolta wannabe concept,so of cos everything would be RETRO styled.

and to top it off i feel that all of their new wardrobe of Retro disco clothes and fashion style is really good and boasts that T-ara can pull off really any concept and still capture the attentions of many age groups, not ONLY teens and young adults.

The girls get a chance to be different from other common kpop groups once again, so what's there not to feel proud and happy that T-ara's comeback is really successful and awesome this time round?

everything has been planned so well and T-ara put in copious amounts of effort for their comeback so i think that they deserve MUCH MORE RECOGNITION !!

and CCM had heard the fans,now Boram and Qri have been given so much more lines to sing in Roly Poly i think that is a FREAKING good improvement in their company side already :) , other than the fact that they need new computers but....GOOD JOB T-ARA ! ! !

DIADEMS LOVE YOU :P

I just watched & re-watched the live performance..

the song is really catchy! i didn't initially thought much of the song cos what kind of title is Roly Poly?!

but after 3-4 listen, it's really good..brings back the 80s feel really!

the whole saturday night fever + mambo feel!

i'm totally fine with retro, but i can't say i'm super excited over the outfits & hairdos..

jiyeon's hair is really quite weird..hope they'll change for the next stage..

the shirt eunjung had one make her look bigger than she actually is...but i think it's better than e MV's..

hyomin & soyeon outfits are the best today!

the dance is good too! i can image everyone on a variety show dancing to it together..

it may become a whole nation trend! Tara fighting!

Roly Poly is really catchy. The dance is easy to dance a long to and the concept is original. I think T-ara gained a lot of new fans because of Roly Poly, but I just don't like how Jiyeon is always in the middle and Eunjung only has one line or something. I still think it's a really great song though. The whole mini-album is great, even though most songs are just remixes.

The song is great the first couple of times you play it, but I feel that you get sick of the song after a while. Even though they did a great job with this concept I prefer songs that are like TTL and Lies. I wish CCM would give them a song to promote that showcases their singing abilities, but I will still support them.

The song itself is really great, plus I like how JiYeon looks so... cute and sexy at the same time in the MV. hawt~ lol,

their live perfs aren't as great, but hey, they're giving it their all, so i won't cry like netizens.

Roly Poly is really catchy. The dance is easy to dance a long to and the concept is original. I think T-ara gained a lot of new fans because of Roly Poly, but I just don't like how Jiyeon is always in the middle and Eunjung only has one line or something. I still think it's a really great song though. The whole mini-album is great, even though most songs are just remixes.

Eunjung already has hell loads of lines in other songs, gotta give others a chance. Though I prefer Jiyeon sings more rather than just being shown on screen..

YOOOO. For the live performances, can anyone tell me what's the fanchant? ~ lalalala~

And, I like what's being done to this song, Roly Poly, letting Boram and Qri have more lines to sing :D Soyeon, Hyomin, Eunjung have more than enough lines to sing in the other songs already~ And what's more, their Japan debut's coming up. The lead singers would have their spotlight once again, but for now. Let Boram and Qri enjoy the stage! :) I didn't know that Boram's voice was that nice :') T-ARA HWAITING! *let's all go disco-ing now! :P*

T-ARA PLEASEEEEEEE PRACTICE MORE MORE AND MORE..........YOU ALL CAN SING BUT YOUR LIVE REALLY SUCK....

I HATE PPL BASH THEM AT MR REMVED...........

BUT WHY YOU NOT IMPROVE YOUR SKILL..................

HYOMIN AND EUNJUNG HAVE STRONG VOICE BUT WHY NOT SHOW IT WHILE LIVE.. ?????????????????????

5DOLLS AND OTHER ROKIE REALLY BETTER THAN THEM....

PLEASE.......................PRACTICE I KNOW ALL OF THEM SO MANY SCHEDULE BUT SING IS MORE IMPORTANT.......

SOYEON YOUR VOICE REALLY GOOD...........YOU CAN BEAT KYU AT COMPT 2005

BUT NOW YOU SEEM LOST YOUR SKILL............IS CCM NEVER GIVE THEM TIME FOR PRACTISE... ????????

BORAM JIYEON WHY SO HARD TO HEAR YOUR VOICE ???????????????? PLEASE SHOW YOUR VOICE

QRI.........I'M GLAD SHE IMPROVE SO MUCH AT LEAST NOW BETTER

ARE THEY NOTFEEL SHY WITH THEIR JUNIOR.....???????

PLEASEEEEEEEEE SHOW YOUR SKILL.....I KNOW YOU ALL HAVE TALENT...ITS WHY I LKE T-ARA.....

SORY.....MY COMMENT REALLY EMOTIONAL BUT ITS REALLY MY FEEL NOW.......I HATE HEAR PPL BASH THME..

T-ARA PLEASEEEEEEE PRACTICE MORE MORE AND MORE..........YOU ALL CAN SING BUT YOUR LIVE REALLY SUCK....

I HATE PPL BASH THEM AT MR REMVED...........

BUT WHY YOU NOT IMPROVE YOUR SKILL..................

HYOMIN AND EUNJUNG HAVE STRONG VOICE BUT WHY NOT SHOW IT WHILE LIVE.. ?????????????????????

5DOLLS AND OTHER ROKIE REALLY BETTER THAN THEM....

PLEASE.......................PRACTICE I KNOW ALL OF THEM SO MANY SCHEDULE BUT SING IS MORE IMPORTANT.......

SOYEON YOUR VOICE REALLY GOOD...........YOU CAN BEAT KYU AT COMPT 2005

BUT NOW YOU SEEM LOST YOUR SKILL............IS CCM NEVER GIVE THEM TIME FOR PRACTISE... ????????

BORAM JIYEON WHY SO HARD TO HEAR YOUR VOICE ???????????????? PLEASE SHOW YOUR VOICE

QRI.........I'M GLAD SHE IMPROVE SO MUCH AT LEAST NOW BETTER

ARE THEY NOTFEEL SHY WITH THEIR JUNIOR.....???????

PLEASEEEEEEEEE SHOW YOUR SKILL.....I KNOW YOU ALL HAVE TALENT...ITS WHY I LKE T-ARA.....

SORY.....MY COMMENT REALLY EMOTIONAL BUT ITS REALLY MY FEEL NOW.......I HATE HEAR PPL BASH THME..

If they give T-ara songs suitable for their voices, them singing live will be no problem..it's the songs.....btw, IMO Soyeon, Eunjung and Hyomin are good at singing live. Soyeon's voice sounds the same or almost the same like the recording (except for 1 song which I cant remember which it is).T-ara should sing more ballad. Dunno about Qri, sure she did improve but I dont think her voice is all that good yet, Soyeon, Jiyeon and Boram's voice are more suited to ballad songs.

me : Dad, how is 80's disco club look like

dad : well not much different

me : dad there is a korean song that is based on 80's

dad : really ?

*gave my dad the video*

dad : it sure brings back memory and who is that short girl

me : it's boram, boram is the eldest

dad : really ? she looks like an elementary kid

lol

overall i like it ! i like all of them but just one thing that i don't like, their make up are too over

80's? Is that what they were going for? The clothes looked from the 50's and some of their hair style was from the 30's even.

I personally liked both the song and the concept. T-ara always comes up with unique ones.

The song is so addictive!! I personally prefer the live performance more as compared to the mv. I don't really like Ji Yeon hairstyle and her style. However, live performance does not showcase t-ara vocals and it seems like they lip-synced.

I personally LOVE Roly Poly. I don't like the rap part that much; IMO, I think Hwayoung's voice is way too squeaky to rap. Other than that, I really like the song. I think the choreography is awesome and unique, and their outfits are pretty. Sometimes, there are a few things I don't like about their outfits, but overall, I enjoyed this concept. I'm not a HUGE fan of retro, but I'll have to make an exception for this song.

The only things that bother me with the performances are that some of them don't have strong voices and some of their expressions don't match the song at certain points of the performance.