Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] What do you think about Roly-Poly? (Both the MV and Live Perf)

kenzo

To be honest, I was kind of a bit indifferent about the song when I first heard it in full. I mean it's catchy as hell, but I didn't know how the song would translate on screen. But finally seeing the first part of the MV changed my mind. Lol! They made it look so fun~! The clothes, set, everything. It's a definite case of 'it's so tacky that it's cute~!'. Lol! <3

Performance-wise, they were a bit inconsistent, and it does take some fun away from an unexpected playful stage. That said, they did show good improvements during their second week of promotions, though.

And as much as I love the 1st version of the MV, I admit that I liked the 2nd version better. Never mind that I was really expecting a continuation to the 'story.' CCM, you troll! The screen time was more or less equally divided amongst the members. We also get to see more into their quirky personalities. Lol! Hwayoung had me laughing whenever I saw her dancing behind Eunjung. Plus, Jiyeon's more pronounced IDGAF attitude (making faces/chewing gum/checking herself in the mirror when it's her turn to sing/dance) had me in stitches as well. :) What sold this MV for me, though, was the last part. I thought it was really sweet how they included their fans at the end of vid. Nice message~!

To be honest, I was kind of a bit indifferent about the song when I first heard it in full. I mean it's catchy as hell, but I didn't know how the song would translate on screen. But finally seeing the first part of the MV changed my mind. Lol! They made it look so fun~! The clothes, set, everything. It's a definite case of 'it's so tacky that it's cute~!'. Lol! <3

Performance-wise, they were a bit inconsistent, and it does take some fun away from an unexpected playful stage. That said, they did show good improvements during their second week of promotions, though.

And as much as I love the 1st version of the MV, I admit that I liked the 2nd version better. Never mind that I was really expecting a continuation to the 'story.' CCM, you troll! The screen time was more or less equally divided amongst the members. We also get to see more into their quirky personalities. Lol! Hwayoung had me laughing whenever I saw her dancing behind Eunjung. Plus, Jiyeon's more pronounced IDGAF attitude (making faces/chewing gum/checking herself in the mirror when it's her turn to sing/dance) had me in stitches as well. :) What sold this MV for me, though, was the last part. I thought it was really sweet how they included their fans at the end of vid. Nice message~!

lol I too expect that they will continue the story from part 1..didnt expect the part 2 'stage mv' at all.

Hmm...it seems most people like part 2. Dunno why, but I neither like nor like part 2. I guess I just like story mv better than the typical mv.

• 3 weeks later...

is it me or i just love everything about Roly Poly?

i thought they brought retro back to it's core. most artist would usually bring back the glamorous retro concept. but T-ara made the perfect comeback for retro and i'm pretty sure some of our parents would love them for this. biggrin.gif

yeah its good song all in all but it still depends on other people's preference just like what you said about hating retro concept and the rap parts....

that is what concept is about in music so that people may never get bored of the group and to attract many people XD and of course so the girls can experience something new haha :)

their roly poly MV is so Awesome. they're so total with retro concept. and for their Live Perform is great. its not easy to dance and sing at the same time, moreover the dance quite difficult like roly poly. i really appreciate they effort in each their roly poly live perform :blink:

• 4 weeks later...