Diadem Forums

T-ara new positions expected in 2013:

bubblesGO

Doesn't look like that's much change at all, aside from the switch of main and lead vocals as well as leader position. What begs answers is why the shift in positions between Soyeon and EunHyo?

Though I doubt changing leaders is really going to do much change anyway since that position is essentially a powerless figurehead title, especially when it's rotated around. Not everyone is suitable for the position of leadership.

Doesn't look like that's much change at all, aside from the switch of main and lead vocals as well as leader position. What begs answers is why the shift in positions between Soyeon and EunHyo?

Though I doubt changing leaders is really going to do much change anyway since that position is essentially a powerless figurehead title, especially when it's rotated around. Not everyone is suitable for the position of leadership.

i'm also confuse. jiyeon to be the sub-voical? and soyeon to have lesser lines. soyeon has been the main vocals since then. but 2012 is been quite too hard for soyeon because of the controversy. so maybe they just want soyeon to rest a little so she won't hurt damage her voice

i'm also confuse. jiyeon to be the sub-voical? and soyeon to have lesser lines. soyeon has been the main vocals since then. but 2012 is been quite too hard for soyeon because of the controversy. so maybe they just want soyeon to rest a little so she won't hurt damage her voice

Generally speaking, Jiyeon's role has always been sub-vocal so there isn't anything so different with that (with the amount of lines she gets in T-ara's songs, it's only marginally more than Boram and Qri). Her range is limited so putting her as a lead vocalist with Hyomin and Eunjung would be a bit crazy.

I'm not sure whether if the controversy put a dent on Soyeon's singing abilities though (actually, more like the chances are nil). I'd understand if her position as leader was switched away if she felt unconfident of leading the group but being in a scandal doesn't really have anything to do with your singing voice getting damaged, nor is it even logical unless Soyeon happens to be a huge softie or someone punched her throat or something.

Besides, *rest a little* isn't a realistic option for T-ara to take due to that bloated CEO of theirs overworking them nonstop.

Actually I've seen the terms Lead Vocals and Main Vocals get mixed around often. You'll mostly see Soyeon listed as Main while EJ and Hyo as Lead (actually I've even seen EJ gets listed as Main lol) but I've seen people mix them up.

Could be that Sso, EJ and Hyo's positions are the very same and just another case of confusion over the terms.

While for most parts there pretty much about right, these positions have always been based on analysis by the fans. So some confusion is not unusual.

Most T-ara songs are Soyeon feat. T-ara. We know KKS loves making changes but that is one formula that has seem to stuck. I've always saw the lead vs main as a quality vs quanitity thing. Lead has more unique parts, main has more parts, though it's usually repeating lines. Sub-vocals though -_-, my heart goes out to you guys.

Moar rap plz.

people often get confuse with main and lead. main singer usually sing the hardest part of the song and often considered as the best singer in the group. lead singer is the second best after main singer. lead singer usually sing the most part of the song.

why there's only ranking for sing and rap only? no dance position? is this change officially made by ccm?

i thinks the positions in the group are analyzed by fans..i have seen many contradictiong positions before. mostly people say that soyeon is the main singer. and hyomin and eunjung are lead singers. some said hyomin is the 1st lead singer while some said eunjung is the 1st lead singer..

same goes for dancer. although some said jiyeon is the best dancer, i have seen people saying that eunjung/hyomin is the best dancer..or jiyeon as the main dancer while hyomin/ eunjung/soyeon is the lead dancer.

its so confusing.. @.@ i think this position thingy is speculated by fans..i want an official one.

Eh I hope Jiyeon's still the main dancer, she has a skill and restraint in dancing that I think is really fantastic.

On the other hand: is Soyeon seriously getting less lines? I mean, yeah, I know areum's not a bad singer, but honestly no one in t-ara can compare to Soyeon, so please, don't take away her lines and screw t-ara's songs.

I'm wondering if we could have t-ara subunits...like seriously, altho jiyeon/boram/Qri are like sub-vocals, but I think they really have beautiful voices too, esp Jiyeon's (I thought she really improved in DH2)

Can you imagine a dance unit of jiyeon/eunjung/Hyomin, a vocal unit of Soyeon/eunjung/Areum/Hyomin, a rap unit of eunjung/Hyomin/Areum/dani and another unit of jiyeon/boram/Qri? I think all of them would rock.

well, i don't know how to react on this.

I just hope soyeon lines will not be lesser, but if it's for the benefit of her (you know, the accident, maybe she still needs some time for rest) I'll be fine with that.

And, yeah, i need to agree with some opinions of others, maybe it is just a confusion between main and leads. I myself is still confused you know XD.

Anyway, i don't want to assume so much, I'll just wait for their next comeback with Dani already, right?

And though Soyeon will still be their friendly spokesperson, i'll be looking forward to Qri's leadership, I want to see how she will idgaf KKS and netizens lol.

well, i don't know how to react on this.

I just hope soyeon lines will not be lesser, but if it's for the benefit of her (you know, the accident, maybe she still needs some time for rest) I'll be fine with that.

And, yeah, i need to agree with some opinions of others, maybe it is just a confusion between main and leads. I myself is still confused you know XD.

Anyway, i don't want to assume so much, I'll just wait for their next comeback with Dani already, right?

And though Soyeon will still be their friendly spokesperson, i'll be looking forward to Qri's leadership, I want to see how she will idgaf KKS and netizens lol.

I think Qri didn't show her real personality yet. I think she is much stronger than she looks. Remember, she kinda surprised us with her wish to be strict mom.

And for Soyeon, she might do less vocals as a part of a group in 2013, but don't forget that she will have more time to do solos, which I love.

• 2 weeks later...

When I edit T-ara songs and would make a 'karaoke' version, the only option I have when I want to get rid their voice is to eliminate the 'lead voice.' And usually, Soyeon's part is the only silent part at the edited song.In a band, they even call the singer the 'lead vocalist.'

So I think I know what's the use of the lead vocals, they usually have more lines than the other members, have the 'song break' (Soyeon at bopeep, daybyday, crycry, etc) and of course, the most beautiful voice.

For the main vocalist, they usually have a high voice, like that of Eunjung or a strong voice like that of Hyomin. I'm thinking that KKS made Eunjung and Hyomin te main vocalists because they are two of the three most popular T-ara girls. It's an exception for Jiyeon because she's already the visual.

All T-ara member's voice is distinct from each other, we can say that Boram's voice is for acoustic, Qri's voice is for retro or pop songs like Roly Poly, LoveyDovey, Bopeep Bopeep (but she killed it in I'm really hurt. XD) Jiyeon's voice is for ballad, there's no doubt about that. Her icy, low voice can rock any emotions of ballad songs, her voice can also make through pop songs but it doesn't quite work when she sings low voice in a pop song, her voice suites better when she sings higher note at pop songs like in her parts in Roly Poly, Lovey Dovey and Bo Peep Bo Peep.

I have the feeling that they won't change Soyeon for the leader anymore. Because, the leader rotary system takes effect when there's a new promotion. Like, Boram was the leader in Temptastic Album, Hyomin was the leader in John Travolta Wanabe, half of Black Eyes promotion and also in their Japanese Debut and Soyeon has been the leader ever since. But I think Qri could be the most appropriate leader.

Qri wrote the apology letter, she also was the first one to use SNS, and also to the fact that she is one of the oldest members. Qri is told by her members as the girl who intentionally laughs even when she's hurting so it means she can handle pressure and stress. The group can use this kind of leader when they'll be facing another controversy again in the future. And besides, Qri can use this to uplift her popularity. Admit, she's way too underrated. :)

I don't think Hyomin and Eunjung should be rapping anymore. Aerum, too, because wasn't she supposed to increase the vocal ability of the group (which I don't think she does because she has a low vocal range like most of the members), but somehow she was made into the rapper once she got in, sounding like Hwayoung. Now that Dani is here to rap, she should be given that spotlight. I believe when Hwayoung joined, it was only her who did the rapping. Not to say that there should only be one, but...ugh, lol! xD

• 2 weeks later...