Diadem Forums

[13.04.27] T-ara N4 will create a new crossover genre, combining traditional and hip-hop music

nathaniel

[13.04.27] T-ara N4 will create a new crossover genre, combining traditional and hip-hop music

PS13042700004.jpg

T-ara N4 (Eunjung, Hyomin, Jiyeon, Areum) will release an electronic hip-hop version of "Rural Life" as well as a traditional version with traditional harmonies and instruments.

T-ara's agency Core Contents Media announced on the 27th that both versions of "Rural Life" will be released at noon on April 29th.

The regular version of "Rural Life" has touches of hip-hop and funky and intense dance music. It was written by Double Sidekick with the main motif of the lyrics being getting away from the same everyday routine. The straightforward lyrics and concept was inspired by the drama "Rural Life".

The traditional version of it was arranged by Hwang Hojun who has arranged more than 400 well-known songs in the past.

T-ara's agency said, "T-ara N4 worked with Hwang Hojun to show off unique and traditional music but also combine it with a hip-hop rhythm to make a crossover genre."

Hwang Hojun said, "Idols combining their music with traditional music will make a big impact on generations. I'm happy to think I was involved in the process. This is an opportunity to promote the music of Korea across Southeast Asia and Japan, and hopefully all around the world."

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20130427n03922

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

With Remixes popping up from time to time, I wonder how many will be made from both of these versions afterward? ^_^ The mixture of traditional and hip-hop in the article sort of takes me back to the A-Yo days with Jinusean. :D I can't wait to see and hear the full music videos.