Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Is Hyomin the dominant ones for T-ara?

VoxiVoxi

After watching their first Lies and Wanna Play's perf. I was really disappointed. Not only that they were lip syncing, both of their dance formations for each songs were really bad. I actually noticed this thing during their Lies perf, they focused too much on Hyomin. It's not the girl's fault but the cameraman showed too much bias for Hyomin. I thought this would be a dangerous thing because if they keep on doing this, fans of other members would be angry. I also think Hyomin was given too many parts. She has both rapping parts and singing lines. It's not really fair for other members. Even as a fan of Hyomin, I really don't like the way the company set it up. I'm hoping to see a great change for tomorrow's perf.

I'm not sure who sings which part due to the horrible lip syncing, so can anyone give me the order for Lies and Wannaplay?

If I'm not mistaken

Lies:

all for the chorus, Hyomin, all, SoYeon, Jiyeon, Hyomin, all for the chorus, Hyomin, all, So Yeon, Bridge with Hyomin's and EunJung's rapping, Boram, Hyomin, all for the chorus, Hyomin, all, Soyeon, one more repeat of the chorus, Hyomin rapping and then Eunjung. End.

I still couldn't figure which part Qri sings or rather if she really has a singing part. I'm not sure if the chorus was everybody or individual and everyone was lip syncing to it but I still figured that besides Hyomin and Soyeon, everyone only have one line.

I'm wondering who's the main singer for T-ara? It's understandable if the main singers are Hyomin and So Yeon but that's still a little too much. Can't wait til the real profile to come to find out their position.

Guest GirlGotSoul

There's always going to be that girl that is overly focused on in a group, like for example,

in SNSD, it's almost always Tae Yeon or Jessica that are given the most lines along with

Tiffany and they focus the camera/give more airtime to the more "popular" or "pretty"

members. You can't exactly change that. I want to hit Mnet for not giving the girls an

equal share of lines and I want to hit the camera man for focusing so much on Hyo Min,

Soyeon and Jiyeon and leaving the other 3 in the shadows. I'm not exactly pleased

with the perf itself but it's okay, I know there'll be more performances.

I noticed Hyomin got a lot of lines and camera time;

and as a Hyomin fan, I felt shocked and happy. For

one thing, Qri got no lines at all. In my opinion, Hyomin

looked like she was having the most fun and most...

I dunno into it(?).

And yeah I hate it when somebody is more focused on.

Like Yoona in Soshi, Hyuna in 4Minute, etc.

But the camera guy is to be at fault. lol.

Also if you noticed, Jiyeon's and Boram's voices just aren't

as strong as Hyomin or Soyeon's or Eunjeong's so that may

be the reason of unfair lines.

And yes; Hyomin is my favorite so I'm not complaining, but

yeah it's unfair to girls like Boram.

Who knows, I still support the girls. <333

This is for ALL groups. You CANNOT escape it. It's inevitable. T-ara JUST debuted, so focus will be put only on one or a couple of members. As others have stated, when SNSD started (and even today) Yoona has had lots of popularity. Today, SNSD is one of the leading groups in kpop and you see every member participating in different variety shows/songs/etc.

As for songs go and line distribution, some voices are stronger than others and some voices fit songs better than others. People who don't have the best of voices and are overshadowed by their other group members usually don't get that many lines. Someone above stated that in SNSD, Taeyeon and Jessica get the most lines and they do with Tiffany and Seohyun and sometimes Sunny. It's just cause they're lead vocals.

Regardless, having attention put on one member is inevitable. Instead, fans should embrace the fact that one member is getting attention because it puts a spotlight on T-ara as well because Hyomin is a part of T-ara. Other members should not get jealous cause they should embrace the fact that a group member is getting lots of attention = their group gets lots of attention.

I love Hyo Min and she really gives her all during the performances.

But I agree on the fact that Mnet shouldn't focus too much on her and let the others.

True that in SNSD, Tae Yeon, Jessica and Tiffany have more lines but they didn't sing all the song alone.

While Hyo Min really seems to sing all the song (sharing verses with So Yeon and rap with Eun jeong).

I didn't even noticed Q-Ri lol. and Boram only sing two solo lines.

It seems that So Yeon and Hyo Min are the two lead singers of the group.

First I'm angry because I don't understand why Eun Jeong doesn't sing while she is a great singer.

Mnet should at least share the verses among these 3 members because all have good vocal.

Or if not make only Eun Jeong rap and let Hyo Min sing only her solo verses.

I don't like how EunJung has become just the rapper all of the sudden. Total waste of an awesome singing voice. I want her to do the ending ad-libs in lies starting next performances, she needs to show her range.

And there's a little too much screentime for Hyo Min, I want more EJ and Qri.

I think its cuz 2 members suddenly walked out on the group. I bet the main vocals where one of the 2 who left. and i think they havnt been givin a part like normally one would train a long time for a part in a song. and esp. Qri, i cant hear her in the song at all :P .

SO naturally i guess that Hyomin, Jiyeon, EJ gets more parts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

the fact that hyomin gets alot of camera time and lines in the songs (lies and TTL) is really misleading. especially if you're a new fan and still don't know alot about the girls. i personally thought that she was like the leader first tme i saw their video, but it turns up that eunjung was the leader when she hardly appears in the video. it was quite shocking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Even though there is always a more popular member in each group, Mnet should also give more line to the other >.< SoYeon is also a main vocal and could help Hyomin. Plus hte fact of giving so many lines to Hyomin make T-ara lyp-sinc more, since Hyomin doesn't have time to heal her voice/throat.

I think it's understandable that she gets the most screen time since she is one of the lead vocals and rapper.

However, I was quite upset that she would be the lead for both MVs. For her to star in the Cheoeum Cheoreom mv was kind of funny since she is already the star. I thought a more underrated member like Boram would play the lead.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...