Diadem Forums

[10.07.23] T-ara's Jiyeon, "I feel hurt by only getting 5 seconds in songs"

nathaniel

20100722104209217.jpeg

Idol groups day by day gain more members, and the more members the less they sing. T-ara from the 7-member girl group T-ara revealed her thoughts on the critical 5 seconds she gets on average in their title tracks.

In a recent interview with Jiyeon, she said, "I've been practicing hard to become a singer. In my case, I've invested 2 years into training," she said, "the most important part of T-ara is singing. Naturally, some of us don't get a lot of time, and it can be hurtful," she said when asked how she felt about having an average of 5 seconds.

While Jiyeon is still a singer in T-ara, she's also an actress. She was in the dramas, "Soul" and "God of Study" and will be appearing in the movie, "Death Bell 2" which premieres on the 28th.

Jiyeon's character was very youthful and played the role of liking Yoo Seung Ho's character in "God of Study." She was nervous about this and had to think before making actions, because she didn't want to make 'anti' fans.

"He played a charming boyfriend, but not my style. At first, I thought he was very cute, but I think he was anxious. But later it we became very good friends."

When the T-ara members were first revealed, Jiyeon was noted as a "look-a-like" idol due to her resemblance to Kim Tae Hee. There was tremendous response to this. Jiyeon said, "There were also a lot of malicious comments, but after appearing in 'God of Study,' a lot of people changed their views on me and began to like me," she said.

When asked why Jiyeon wanted to have her big screen debut in a horror film, she responded by with, "'Death Bell 2' is not just scary. It's an impressive, good story. It's rich in friendship and will leave you touched," she said. Following Jiyeon said, "I hope the reactions to the movie aren't just afraid, but impressed as well."

"I'll remain a T-ara member. Acting is not my desire, but simply a solo activity oppurtunity," she said, "Other desires I have are to be in an action genre and to showcase my wide variety of characters on variety."

source: http://media.daum.net/entertain/all/view.h...09118&p=ned

cr: nathaniel (trans) @ diadem + daum

I feel that singing parts should be given to those with the most singing talents. Soyeon, Eunjung, and Hyomin should be given the most and I'm glad they are getting the most lines. Little singing time is what happens when there are so many members.

I feel that singing parts should be given to those with the most singing talents. Soyeon, Eunjung, and Hyomin should be given the most and I'm glad they are getting the most lines. Little singing time is what happens when there are so many members.

I agree. Singing time should be earned; and though JiYeon is very talented, she's not the best singer in the group.