Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] T-ara Going Global

Cheerleader2012

OK everyone, all of us know that K-Pop is taking over the world these days. Everyone is getting hooked on today's hottest K-Pop artists such as fellow girl groups Girls' Generation and Girl's Day. And speaking of Girls' Generation, they are getting ready for their American debut along with 2NE1, who will also make an American debut. So, with our favorite girls, T-ara, already made their debut in Korea and Japan, I have to ask you a couple of questions........

Do you absolutely think that T-ara has a very strong chance of a future global advancement?

Where do you want T-ara to make their debut next?

Global Superstars :P I just think I have to post this B)

To answer your question, if you mean global as in America, then no. If even SNSD and 2NE1 can't make it big, what chance would T-ara have? And 2NE1 has the type of music that international fans love...Unless T-ara decided to change their style to appeal international fans more. Even that I don't think kpop gonna be successful outside of asia anyways. And LOL at Girl's Day xD

@kenzo....I really surprised at first when I heard ByeBye played in StarWorld...especially for desperate housewife...that's really awesome.... ^^..

I think the girls already did very good in asia...

If the time comes..I think T-Ara can also success in the US...coz..right now..there are already many T-Ara fans in the US....right??

Anyway...I will support whatever they going to do in the future...as long as the girls enjoy it and get enough rest......

Don't push the girls too hard..as they already working like crazy nowadays... ^__^

....just my opinion though....

OK everyone, all of us know that K-Pop is taking over the world these days. Everyone is getting hooked on today's hottest K-Pop artists such as fellow girl groups Girls' Generation and Girl's Day. And speaking of Girls' Generation, they are getting ready for their American debut along with 2NE1, who will also make an American debut. So, with our favorite girls, T-ara, already made their debut in Korea and Japan, I have to ask you a couple of questions........

Do you absolutely think that T-ara has a very strong chance of a future global advancement?

Where do you want T-ara to make their debut next?

I don't know where you got the phrase that 'Kpop is taking over the world these days' but the Korean media tends to overhype the Hallyu wave pretty grossly - and of course, the Korean media itself is a source for international sites dedicated to Kpop news.

I don't know about 2NE1 but not even SNSD itself is likely to pull off a successful American debut. The American music industry is considerably vastly bigger than the Korean industry AND the major issue is this - English. Only Tiffany and Jessica are capable of speaking English but their vocabulary alone is fairly limited, considering they've stayed in Korea for quite a long time - which also includes their training years - and their small attempt back in 2011 was only met with mixed opinions. Do also note that SM and YG are part of the Big 3 and tried with BoA and Se7en a while back - neither of the two were successful in breaking into the US market, despite being big stars in Asia.

Concept-wise, T-ara won't succeed with cutesy/aegyo crap like it did in Roly Poly, BPBP etc. Plus, ALL the members need to be decent singers at the least - that includes the so-called 'deadweights' of the group that contribute little to nothing in songs, namely Hwayoung, Boram, Qri and Jiyeon. Sure, the US has its own fair share of bad singers but that's not the point. People would raise a lot of eyebrows if they saw some members doing nothing in perfs but being backup dancers.

CCM is even worse off than either of those two agencies, since it's got the burden of having to maintain its own broadcasting channel and T-ara is its only money-earner - and yet, none of the T-ara members are capable of speaking English fluently, yet alone up to Jessica or Tiffany's level. Then there's also the con that CCM's management alone is downright pathetic and from what I read elsewhere, is seen as a notorious company in Kpop these days, even more so than SM.

I won't even get started with the Wonder Girls.

Yes, Kpop does have fans worldwide, but it's nowhere near to becoming a global phenomenon, at least compared to those like Michael Jackson, for example.

I'll tell you honestly as a k-pop fan for number of years now.. NOPE. K-pop will never get popular in US at all, it may get popular but its always amongst the extreme minority, you must accept that typical citizens (not only in the us but general around the world) look upon K-Pop negatively. Frankly speaking, its easier for solo artistes to make it big and if BoA couldn't then i guess you can't expect snsd or 2ne1 to. 2NE1 has a bigger chance than any other k-pop group but they're still looked upon as wannabes by the general public anyway.

Why can't companies just accept the fact that K-pop is not and never ready to be publicized globally, K-Pop should just stay in Asia where their popularity is secured, but of course they can do tours around the west and its good because those true fans in the west will be able to attend, but if you put K-pop on their everyday tv lol, there are already many mean stuffs i've heard from people about k-pop in singapore, and singapore is supposed to be entirely k-pop crazed now. Listening to K-Pop might make you an easy target for judgement since the world is practically judgmental when it comes to musical taste, don't deny, its the truth.

I Hope T-ara stays in Asia at the moment, no america debut, don't even attempt an english song for now. Its all for the good of them because i hate to see my favorite group getting their supposed dreams dashed and taking all the crap that the world will be giving to them. Korea must understand that even if you take over the world's music industry doesn't make you the best, because you just can't force someone to love a certain type of music.

Well, I know that there is absolutely no doubt that K-Pop will get very popular in the United States because I have very strong faith in Girls' Generation and 2NE1 with their American debuts and I know that they will do pretty well in the United States. I also know that they will pave the way for more American debuts of today's hottest girl groups such as SISTAR and T-ara of course. I believe that T-ara can have a pretty amazing global advancement in the near future