Diadem Forums

[INFO] SoYeon in Super Girls/SNSD project

shining star`★

Don't really know how to tag it, so feel free to change it mods ^^

Anyways I found this interresting article at Soshified. SoYeon was really at one inch to be in SNSD.

2005~2006

SM New Girl Group Showcase

In 2005, SM Entertainment debuted a large boy group Super Junior, and then proceeded to plan a similar large girl group counterpart. SM put together a showcase comprised of internal trainees; most were veteran trainees and the total number of girls featured was 11.

http://cfile55.uf.daum.net/image/13062B264B2A39BF16275D

(Clockwise from top left: Lee Yeon Hee, Hong Bo Ra, Bae Seok Min, Zhang Li Yin, Jessica Jung, Kim Ye Jin, Seo Ju Hyun, Im Yoon Ah, Choi Soo Young, Kwon Yu Ri, Kim Hyo Yeon)

Notes:

Currently an actress: Lee Yeon Hee

Zhang Li Yin is currently a solo singer with SM Entertainment.

Jessica Jung was a Korean American Trainee.

Leader: Lee Yeon Hee (born in 1988)

Maknae: Kim Ye Jin (born in 1993; only in grade 3 when she joined the company).

SM Girl Group Project Revision 1

IN: Seo Hyun Jin, Park So Yeon, Stella Kim, Jang Ha Jin, Lee Hwan Hee

OUT: Lee Yeon Hee, Hong Bo Ra, Bae Seok Min, Zhang Li Yin, Kim Ye Jin

http://cfile54.uf.daum.net/image/14062B264B2A39BF17A983

(Clockwise from top left: Seo Hyun Jin, Park So Yeon, Jessica Jun, Kim Hyo Yeon, Kwon Yu Ri, Lee Hwan Hee, Seo Ju Hyun, Jang Ha Jin, Im Yoon Ah, Stella Kim, Choi Soo Young)

Notes:

Seo Hyun Jin was a member and a lead vocal of a four-girl group called M.I.L.K.

Interestingly, the provisional name of this early group was "Seo Hyun Jin Group".

Stella Kim was a Korean American Trainee.

Park So Yeon is currently a member of the girl group T'ara.

Leader: Seo Hyun Jin (born in 1985)

Maknae: Seo Ju Hyun and Lee Hwan Hee (both born in 1991)

SM Girl Group Project Revision 2

IN: Kim Tae Yeon, Stephanie Hwang

OUT: Seo Hyun Jin, Lee Hwan Hee

http://cfile47.uf.daum.net/image/15062B264B2A39BF18E3D6

(Clockwise from top left: Park So Yeon, Kim Tae Yeon, Jessica Jung, Stephanie Hwang, Kim Hyo Yeon, Kwon Yu Ri, Seo Ju Hyun, Jang Ha Jin, Im Yoon Ah, Stella Kim, Choi Soo Young)

With Seo Hyun Jin and Lee out of the running, SM invited a regional trainee Kim Tae Yeon and American Stephanie Hwang (who at the time had only trained for 2 years). SM initially planned to stick to these 11 girls and actually took some still cuts/pics of them.

Initial roster:

Vocal Line: Park So Yeon, Kim Tae Yeon, Jessica Jung, Stephanie Hwang, Seo Ju Hyun, Stella Kim

Dance Line: Kim Hyo Yeon, Kwon Yu Ri, Choi Soo Young, Im Yoon Ah

Visual Line: Jessica Jung, Stella Kim, Im Yoon Ah, Jang Ha Jin

Notes:

Stephanie Hwang was a Korean American Trainee.

Leader: Park So Yeon (Born 1987)

Maknae: Seo Ju Hyun (Born 1991)

SM Girl Group Project Revision 3

IN: Lee Soon Kyu, Lee Hwan Hee, Heo Chan Mi

OUT: Stella Kim, Jang Ha Jin

http://cfile44.uf.daum.net/image/15062B264B2A39C019B583

(Clockwise from top left: Park So Yeon, Kim Tae Yeon, Jessica Jung, Lee Soon Kyu, Stephanie Hwang, Kim Hyo Yeon, Heo Chan Mi, Lee Hwan Hee, Seo Ju Hyun, Im Yoon Ah, Choi Soo Young, Kwon Yu Ri)

SM initially planned to debut with the 11 girls from revision 2. However, Lee Soon Kyu was recruited as an additional trainee thanks to rave recommendation from SM singer Ayumi, and added another trainee named Heo Chan Mi. They re-recruited Lee Hwan Hee as well. During this process, Stella Kim, once highly touted prospect of SM, was cut mainly due to her lack of dancing skills.

Notes:

Lee Soon Kyu was originally a trainee with another company; she transferred over to SM after an audition.

Leader: Park So Yeon (born 1987)

Maknae: Heo Chan Mi (born 1992)

SM Girl Group Project Final Confirmed Roster

OUT: Park So Yeon, Lee Hwan Hee, Heo Chan Mi

http://cfile43.uf.daum.net/image/13062B264B2A39C01A27C5

(The current group; I'm sure you guys know who's who)

After numerous revisions, the remaining trainees were put through what was ultimately a final audition process; SM had decided to cut the number of girls in the group from 12 to 9. The final audition resulted in Park So Yeon, Lee Hwan Hee, and Heo Chan Mi being cut, resulting in the current 9 members.

credit: soshified and daum media

Even though she was cut, it just show how talented SoYeon was, when you know that only the best trainees debuted as SNSD. However I wonder why she left SME for Core Content.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leader: Park So Yeon (born 1987)

No doubt baby.

But I think from what ive read on an article, its not that she got cut because she was lacklustre, in fact she was even superior compared to the others, she got cut due to the fact that she didnt agree with the terms of condition blabla thingy of SMe and then move to core contents. Thats why :) Smart move for sure.

• 1 month later...

There's not a doubt my mind that if she was part of SNSD that her popularity would be amazingly high right now. But at the same time she wouldn't be part of T-ara and who knows if we would have gotten to know Taeyeon from SNSD. Since T-ara is taking off a bit more now I hope Soyeon can show off her talents more and her popularity can grow, as it should!

I'm a pretty big SNSD fan and when I got into T-ara I was surprised to know that Soyeon was an SM trainee and was cut from SNSD. I always thought it was weird becuase she's so talented, but since I found out she was cut because of legal discrepancies it makes sense now. I've heard SM can be pretty hard to their trainees.

It's no wonder Soyeon mentioned she couldn't really handle the pressure during that

time, it would of been crazy with all those cuts and people being moved around. They

seem like chest pieces.

I'm not suprised she was going to be leader, I mean she's older than the

soshi girls and she's really talented. If she was in SNSD ......a Soyeon&Taeyeon duet would be godly.

I'm not going to say she's better off in T-ara or anything because to me Soyeon is the type of girl

that would be able to fit in any group regardless of concept or members.