Diadem Forums

[10.01.09] Which Girl Group is Going to Own 2010?

Elly

[10.01.09] Which Girl Group is Going to Own 2010?

339m24p.jpg

'Who's going to be the strongest girl group in 2010?'

The last year was swept by girl groups and in 2010 and their fanbases are constantly growing, they continue to sweep the nation.

SNSD, KARA, Brown Eyed Girls and SeeYa were some of the girl groups that have been existing before the previous year. Just last year, groups like 2NE1, 4Minute, T-ara, Rainbow, Secret, HAM, and JQT have joined the music industry and had made 2009 what critics have called "The Flood of Girlgroups" (With no exaggeration whatsoever).

The men that have particpated last year such as 2PM, BEAST, MBLAQ, SHINee, Super Junior, and SS501 did not have a match with the amount of girls and did not make 'mainstream' enough.

Girl groups such as SNSD, KARA, 2NE1 and Secret are bound to have a strong chance of being noticed in the beginning of the year due to their upcoming activities.

#T-ara, Secret, Rainbow, and HAM are Rookie Groups You Just 'Cannot Ignore'!

Not only did the first half of the year go crazy with the sunbae girl groups, but people also went nuts (without exaggeration) for the new batch of girl groups that came out in the second half of last year, such as T-ara, Secret, Rainbow, and HAM.

This is especially true for T-ara who had won their first #1 in KBS2's Music Bank for their title track song 'Bo Peep, Bo Peep' from their first studio album on the New Year's and was followed by another Mutizen Song Award on SBS's Inkigayo on January 3rd. T-ara's popularity is surely to sky-rocket more later on.

NOTE: I didn't translate the non-T-ara related aspects of the article. If you wish to see the real article with all the extras, visit the source link which can be found below.

Source: http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno...010508492106924

Written by: Park Geonwook

Translated by: Elly@diadem

Ok, first of all,

#T-ara, Secret, Rainbow, and HAM are Rookie Groups You Just 'Cannot Ignore'!

That only applies to T-ara and Secret. i can ignore rainbow and ham anyday. LOL mean much

half of the "FLOOD" a.k.a JQT, HAM, Rainbow are not even worth listening to, no offense to their fans. I just feel their producers fail.

I think among all of those new girl groups; T-Ara, 2NE1, 4Minute, Secret, and f(x) will continue their success on 2010...

All of them have their own charms and have a great talents.... I wish them all the best, looking forward for another round of girl group battle at 2010....

i bet T ara is going to own for the rookie group... Look at their bo beep! It's a hit! come on... haha it's sooo obvious! xD haha T ara biased! ^^ haha about korean girl group flooding the Kpop industry... hmmm yup. it sorta true.. haha but i only like BEG, KARA SNSD and T ara... haha I don't really like the rest...

T-ara will own the 2010~~

wahahahaha (T-ara biased)

If T-ara is going to won 2010 then it sure will be a hard game since T-ara is still a rookie group, but i hope they can make it.

After all, they did win the 1st award in the first day of 2010 and that good luck charm will stay with them this whole year~~

It depends on timing and the right songs. Like right now T-ara has the perfect timing.

There are no bigger groups coming back until February.

I don't think T-ara can go against groups like SNSD, KARA and BEG yet cause they have bigger fanbases.

But with rookies? T-ara can definitely shine.

rainbow not that bad..

some of their song is really catchy..just give them some time to shine..

in other hand T-ara..

this year look promising..

i really lookin forward to watch T-ara receive alot of luv

by fan n media like other famous girl group such snsd,wondergirl n etc

owh wait..they already did it..

for the record..look at those chart n award..

T-ara Hwaitin!

I find that HAM is out of place in this article because they didn't do goood since their debut lol. 2ne1 is a rookie group but is already considered as a major one ! Tiara will continue to do well and make a name in the Idols world. Rainbow has already made a big impact while they have just debuted and I think if DSP continue to promote them well they could do really good. Secret isn't bad for a group who has started with a slow tempo song.

But I think the lead first generation (SNSD, WG, KARA) + 2ne1 will still own this year again !

Since SNSD and KARA will comeback at then end of febuary (and also Secret I think) , It will have a big competition again among girls groups. II begin to suspect Media Core to start Like The First Time promotion earlier in order to not face up with SNSD comeback lol. But I would be nice if Tiara compete SNSD and beat them lol.

if you're talking about rookie groups of course T-ara would likely come out on top..

but After School might get in the way though.

the thing is that SNSD, Kara and BEG are coming out with new album and new concepts..

and the fact that they have a pretty large fanbase.

its gonna be hard to compete with them.