Diadem Forums

[10.03.18] Soyeon, Eunjung and Hyomin were offered contracts by big Japenese Companies before.

*YANiPOPO*

gallery_3602_202_38643.jpg

T-ara's company has recently announced that after the $1 Million CF deal in Japan, T-ara will follow in their male counterpart's road as they will debut in Japan this May.

A press conference was held on the 17th. During this press conference, T-ara's Eunjung, Soyeon and Hyomin revealed an interesting detail prior to their debut in T-ara, they were offered to be in Japanese companies before. Hyomin revealed that Japan's super group AVEX has offered her a contract to debut in Japan as an actress and singer. She turned it down as she was only in Highschool and the fact that she was afraid of adapting to a foreign culture and that she had to learn a whole new language in such short notice.

Soyeon was also still in high school when she was offered by another big company, this time a worldwide company, Sony BMG records. The head of Sony BMG showed great interest in Soyeon's talent prior to her debut in T-ara. But since she was still in high school, Soyeon bravely turned down the offer to finish her studies. Furthermore, Soyeon's grandmother was in shock and had a strong disapproval with Soyeon's supposed to be debut in Japan.

Lastly leader Eunjung explained her experience with almost debuting in Japan saying, "I already had offers from companies before, too. I got the offer after I was chosen in a joint collaboration between Japan and Korea. I went to acting workshops for it. But in the end it was only shown in Japan with minimal screenings. I decided after that, I don't only want to be a singer, i want to be an actress also!"**

~~

Cr: Newsen

Translation: *YANiPOPO* @ TIARADIADEM

**- Her projects in the japanese market were before her huge acting deals in Korea, hence much younger. After that Eunjung has went on to be quite a successful actress in Korea, starring in countless shows and even movies.

- and sorry, i just had to use that photo. Boram's epic failness is just stamped all over it. love her though, still funny lol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha SoYeon looks funny in that picture...hm T-ara singing japanese? it would be nice maybe 1 or 2 songs haha

And i really do love to see EunJung casted in some recent drama or smting... since she's such a cute actress b4 she debuted

also, it is to be noted that globalisation has meant that Japanese companies, for eg, has been trawling through Korea for young talent since they're easier to maintain and have good work ethic (much like the same argument they have for most other industries in the economy). Not only will there be no T-ara in the first place had any one of the trio signed early on when the big carrot is dangled in front of them, I'd be worried sick for them since they had to uproot themselves young (and at a loss of study opportunities as Soyeon had put it). Better to start small and work up given they're still young and lots of potential

WOW! Those are huge companies.. I'm glad they turned them down, so T-ara could be the way it is.

Eunjung is a great actress. I wouldn't have thought that she started off in Japan though.

It must feel great for her to come back to Japan and to even debut in Japan soon!

These girls are progressing so fast. I'm so proud of them. <3

BTW, Soyeon looks too adorkable in that picture. xD