Diadem Forums

[10.08.19] T-ara Soyeon and Qri Appear on 'Giant'

Elly

Giant is a new drama in the pipeline on SBS (2155h in Seoul, after showing our dear Eunjeong's Coffee House which starts at 2045h). started showing in Korea alr from May 10, and will be in for the long haul since it's a 50 episode epic. dramas on that 2155h time slot include Secret Agent (KBS coming up with a romantic comedy version of IRIS) and Dong Yi (MBC knack for epic historical drama again, follow up to Seonduk)

It's about the trials and tribulations of a few youngsters during the 70s and the 80s while Korea is experiencing rapid economic growth yet was still under an authoritarian government (before the Gwangju incident that opened up democracy during the later 80s).. Hwang Jang Eum is starring in it

[since it's an SBS show, viewers outside Korea will have to find another way to watch the show alr]

It'd be good...would like Soyeon and Qri to remix/remaster/reprise the Bunny Girls songs in full and then introduce trot (or retro pop) to a younger generation. After wowing us with all the dance-pop of IGCBOY, I'm Really Hurt etc it'd be interesting to see how they go retro

Giant is a new drama in the pipeline on SBS (2155h in Seoul, after showing our dear Eunjeong's Coffee House which starts at 2045h). started showing in Korea alr from May 10, and will be in for the long haul since it's a 50 episode epic. dramas on that 2155h time slot include Secret Agent (KBS coming up with a romantic comedy version of IRIS) and Dong Yi (MBC knack for epic historical drama again, follow up to Seonduk)

It's about the trials and tribulations of a few youngsters during the 70s and the 80s while Korea is experiencing rapid economic growth yet was still under an authoritarian government (before the Gwangju incident that opened up democracy during the later 80s).. Hwang Jang Eum is starring in it

[since it's an SBS show, viewers outside Korea will have to find another way to watch the show alr]

It'd be good...would like Soyeon and Qri to remix/remaster/reprise the Bunny Girls songs in full and then introduce trot (or retro pop) to a younger generation. After wowing us with all the dance-pop of IGCBOY, I'm Really Hurt etc it'd be interesting to see how they go retro

Wow, thanks for the info! I was actually pretty curious what Giant is all about. That's a refreshing (or is that old-fashioned?) step in k-drama. I might watch this now that I know it's a period drama, and has much more episodes than the usual 15-20. ...And I have a thing for daeha/sageuk.

I want to see Soyeon and Qri do some retro style singing and dancing for their brief screen time. \o/

lol. since the majority of the members, my first impression is that I thought "NOBODY" of the Wonder Girls. :lol:)

SoYeon Qri and are very pretty images, I find.

That although they have more time on the air, because the voices are not too. T_T).

• 3 months later...