Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] If T-ara were to venture overseas,which market should they target?

xxxiang

Basically,girl groups nowadays are moving out of Korea and going international. Like WG going to US. Kara,SNSD,4minute,BEG going to Japan.

So there's news that T-ara will go overseas at some point of time.so which market should they target?

MY OPINION is that they should target the Chinese market.(I am not bias here,i will explain).

First,look at WG,they are having a hard time breaking into the US market,similar to any other Asian artiste.So that is not a smart idea to me,at least for now. Then the second largest market,the japanese market.well,seems that snsd and kara is doing rather well there.we dunno the future but its good to see them in a rather good start.but with so many groups already there, it is wise to join in the competition?Furthermore, there's competition from the Jap girls grps like AKB48.

So next up is the Chinese market.Well, no one except suju have put a great focus on this market.so i think t-ara can do well here.well,its a market that is not going to generate a lot of revenue as compared to jap or US, but i think it will ensure popularity and bring u great number of fans.(look at the no. of ppl in china.lol.)and its one that connects you to 3 countries-china,taiwan and hk.and btw,t-ara is really popular in china.like the 4th most supported girlgrp after snsd,kara and f(x).

So why follow the path of others?T-ara should go the way the other groups are not going into and make a market for themselves.

What do you think?

Totally agreed.

US is really hard and I don't think the girls are ready for it.

Too much group are going to Japan.

And yeah,SuJu is the only 1 group I know which ventured into China.

China is one huge country with a really HUGE population.

T-ara can easily gain supports and fans there if there were to promote there.

I've been on T-araChina's website.I'm not sure of their total numbers of member but I can see the are always more than 100++ members online everyday,which to me is quite a lot.

And I see the have a lot of branch(website branch),9 of them to be exact,maybe more.

China fans love T-ara too.

P.S I'm not bias too.Just my opinion.

• 2 months later...

I think there is plenty of room for them to promote in Japan. I mean Japanese promoters/companies recognizes their popularity in Japan, plus I see some japanese fans posting/commenting on youtube. From what I remember, they have plan to be there when their Korean promotion (dramas and musics) have settle by the end of the year, although they only announce their intention and have not signed with japanese companies.

To be honest, this is actually a really difficult question to answer. If you're looking for T-ara to make an impact in China, you are looking at them buckling down and learning Chinese in order to break into the casual fanbase and not just dip their hands into those are currently following the Kpop fandom. That means less focus on the Korean industry. If T-ara wanted to make it into China, it would probably be best to go for Taiwan as they usually say if you can make it there, you can make it in the Mandopop market. Of course, Taiwan is a much harder place to break into with the actual Chinese market unless they can actually speak Chinese.

I understand people can be all like "Oh well Taiwan/China loves Kpop right now", which is true as it is the current in thing, but how long will it last? Once the Hallyu wave slows down a bit, it'll be harder for T-ara to have prominence unless they can actually become an established artist in the industry.

The best bet for success would be for T-ara to carve out a niche in the Jpop industry. Not only does Japan provide a less tiresome workload but there is also more profit to be made.

I think T-ara should venture into the American market because....

All the idol groups are going into japan now so they won't really get recognized as they should be, it will just be the same as how they are in Korea!!!!

Chinese is a freakin' hard language to learn and i never hear anybody famous from china....

I believe they can make it into the American industry if they are smart on how they approach it, like 2ne1 how they got Will.i.am to work with them.

Plus if they learn English, which is a universal language, they can tackle any market. they just need to work a little harder to make it here but they are 100x better than wonder girls cause i only liked 2 songs from WG's but i liked all of T-ara's songs!!!!!

I'm so tired of the same artists here in America it's all about taylor swift, kesha, kanye west, lady gaga, drake, nicki minaj, flo rida, mariah carey, and all the same people we see everyday.!!!!!

It's time for change cause im tired of all this rap and rock music.... we need some kpop and latinpop here in america!!!!!!!

America is not black and white anymore, it has so many different ethnic groups and nationalities so we need to show that now more than ever through music...... but it's all the same rap/country/rock/lady gaga style pop music.

If T-ara doesn't make it then they should try Latin countries!!!!! I found out that Koreans are very good at Spanish!!!!

They have like perfect pronunciation!!! :P

They can even try Australia!!!

I think that T-ARA can make it in America's market because their song style is similar to what Americans listen to but in a different language. A lot of Korean bands have changed or a starting to sound like Lady Gaga and like rappers from America, and people are taking that as "Korean people are coping America" thats not true they just so happen to like the same kind of music as they like. Overall I think that T-ARA can make it into American industry because they are cute and they can dance and sing. <3

China is always a good market, a little difficult to promote in considering the language barriers though. I prefer them in Japan though since Choshinsung's already there so they could promote together or something. But there's a lot of competition in the J-pop zone since there's an abundance of groups that dominate the charts. And in Japan, they have solo acts that huge as well. I think there's more balance in the type of music that are popular in Japan than Korea, where idol groups rule the music world.

They should stay in Korea for a while longer. T-ara's pop suits Korea more i think. Besides, J-girl groups tend to have a bubbly cute refreshing image. T-ara's just too versatile and daring to keep to that, notice how they jump from concept to concept~

Forget the American market. I prefer them not to get mixed together with things that are Asian. It'll just heighten the criticism for Kpop as they try to promote accordingly to what is popular. *coughsluttytrashmusiccough*

Stay home in Korea. When the Hallyu wave dies down, there will always be Korea.

I which they went to USA, cuz doing so they will have to sing in English, and I could understand their song better

But it is too hard to be succeed in US market. So i think they had better go to Japan even if there already are a lot of other artist but T-ara have got a potential to compete with the other.

China wouldn't be a nice market. I don't think they will sell much copies of their CD their.

You know china is good at counterfeiting

But above all I would rather vote for them to focus at Korea market.

Singing songs in other language wouldn't be as nice as their own language

• 3 weeks later...

Japan should definitely be the first stop , just like all the other artists like SNSD and KARA . I think they will also receive great success there .

If you capture the China market your fans and fame are going to multiply in numbers .

And after that its time to head to South East Asia , cause the fans there are all so passionate

I wouldn't say America because the Wonder Girls are having a hard time over there (although they're getting somewhere instead of nowhere, Wonderful <3),

I don't know about the Japan market, It seems as if too many K-Pop artists and idols are going there now. 4minute, 2pm, 2NE1, Big Bang, SNSD, Kara, etc. It's just too many.

Honestly, I would like T-ara to go venture in China. I think they'll be successful there. Miss A's there and they seem to be doing well.

But where ever they go, I have faith in T-ara and know that they'll succeed. ((:

• 1 month later...