Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] How did you find out about T-ara??

lolitssam

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Music Bank and the Roly Poly perfs are really eye-catching!

...well, before that I actually watched the Running Man episodes with Eunjung and Jiyeon (separate episodes). But I didn't really care about T-ara because I'm a SONE. But now everything has changed muhahahaha.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually heard of them through the drama Cinderella's Stepsister, when the little boy was dancing to BPBP, but i didn't look into them. That is until I saw Eunjung in Dream High. I looked her up because of her voice, plus i wanted to watch the other dramas she was in, then i saw T-ara again and so i decided to listen to their song, it was love at first hearing :)

It was a long journey until I became really attached to this group! Thanks to random stumbles over the internet.

It all started on an random stumble on youtube where I discovered 4minutes' and got hooked by they music. At the time I was unaware of all the kpop trend and just listened to their songs. This seems unrelated now, but will makes sense later.

The next random stumble was a gif of TaeYeon from their debut. I was really shocked when I searched for the 'girls generation' that was written on their outfits and actually found something! That's when I finally found about kpop as is, with all the idols, variety shows, etc. Got a interest on SooYoung and started searching for videos of her from time to time, until I finally found her on Invincible Youth.

Upon discovering that video was from a show called Invincible Youth, I started searching for more, until I found a site linking all episodes of the show. Started watching the show to discover that SooYoung wasn't a regular on the show and was about to give up watching it until I made the link between Hyuna and 4minute. Since I didn't followed 4minute as a idol girl group, I didn't know anything about them. So for the sake of knowing someone from 4minute better, I kept watching the show.

At the beginning it was Hyuna, Sunny, Yuri and the other girls, but steadily they grow up on me and I started to look out after their group works. The show frequently used the bo peep bo peep song and dance and that was I searched for. Coincidentally, I did this around the japanese release of the song and I was soooo confused why the group sometimes had 6 members while on other MVs there was 7 members. Anyway... I found the music very addict but the cat outfit made me think of t-ara as a childish group and let it go.

It was only when I reached further episodes where they dances to that I realized the mistake I was probably making. That's when I searched more works of them and got hooked by their songs. They quickly became a favorite on my list.

tldy version:

Invincible Youth

I first know about T-ara when I was watching Hyomin on a reality show called KBS Roundtable Plus, where the guest of the show was Invincible Youth's cast members! That was my first show from South Korea and I starting to like and listen to Kpop music. I still remember that Hyomin wear a red outfit, she did G-Dragon 'Heartbreaker' dance parody and she taught the MC how to dance 'Bop Peep Bop Peep'. It was so hillarious! Miss the old days tho :)

I found out about T-ara in really weird way. I was going through some pics on imgur.com and then I saw one pic with Soyeon (of course I didn't know who she was then). She looked really cute :) and in the bottom left corner of that picture was the title of the song. It was Time To Love. So I went to youtube and listened to that song. And that's how I found out about T-ara lol :)