Diadem Forums

[10.05.27] T-ara's 'Bo Peep Bo Peep' contains material harmful to minors for portrayals of sexual contact

nathaniel

T-ara's 'Bo Peep Bo Peep' contains material harmful to minors for portrayals of sexual contact

T-ara's "Bo Peep Bo Peep" was diagnosed as one of the top five music videos with material harmful to minors.

Recently the KCSC registered 119 music videos harmful to minors. Among them, the top 5 were T-ara's "Bo Peep Bo Peep", Brown Eyed Girls' "Sign", Big Queens' "It's Alright", Hwi's "Late Regrets" and Top.AZ's "Can't you trust noona?"

The reasons for the videos being included is that "Bo Peep Bo Peep" contained sexual contact between a man and a woman and "Sign" included murder and assault. A rep from KCSC said that, "the selection of music videos chosen contained excessive violence and sexual material."

When a music video is deemed inappropriate for youths, a logo will be included in the video to warn youth. Netizens will also have to clarify that they are of legal age to be able to watch the music video.

source: http://www.kwnews.co.kr/view.asp?aid=210052600164&s=801

cr: nathaniel (trans) @ diadem + kwnews

lol, this is actually a bit funny to me xD, it's strange for ppl who doesn't live in Korea to understand why things like that would get banned, cuz you'll worst in mv's outside Korea.

but man top 5, seems like T-ara is ranking on everything in a quite top spot xD.

Thanks for translate and sharing this ^^

Korean culture is very different than westernized culture, which is why even kissing is such a big deal for them. I would say that having korean parents, I could never show them BoPeep the mv, even if I'm 18.

I was actually very shocked when I first saw Bopeep, and then realized that little kids were dancing to it.

One good example of this(God Of Study) you can't help but notice the elementary school like atmosphere.

I think Sign is more on violence, how is Abracadabra not on the list, but Sign is, it was more sexual than Sign. But, honestly, I like Brown Eyed Girls and their songs, so it didn't matter. If the 18+ Bo Peep Bo Peep, then watch the other version. >_<

I don't these MVs aren't that bad, compared to others, but it's understandable.

I'm not really surprised it's in the top 5 since the mv was somewhat weird even though it didn't really expose much.

In the US, songs from Lady Gaga are much worse but oh well.... there 2 different countries and I guess one is more serious then the other on this exposing children to these kinds of stuff.

LOL, guilty here <3 When you're really on a country or brought up in a conservative way you'll be thinking the same. I haven't fully watched the Bo Peep Bo Peep MV, just the dance version 'cause when I saw the kissing couple there and it's really torrid- I closed it immediately <3 LOL, now I'm laughing at myself. But on the other part Lady Gaga's song are way too much than T-ara :lol:

lol and they're banning it NOW? when the MV first came out, i thought it was already deemed inappropriate for underage minors and that's why it was labeled as 19+ and the dance version was released. also, it's quite understandable that it would be banned since the contents are quite inappropriate for underage minors to view, regardless of what culture they are in.

lololol. lame netizen and KCSC =.= they have nothing better to do? or Korea is just too strict.. LoL. anyway Bo peep bo peep 1st version stated 19+ already.. still bringing up? LOL. nth do say... But nontheless T-ara Fighting! :(

see some other music videos you critiques. and it clearly says that when i watch it at youtube it says (19 yrs. old +)

and i think that's warning enough, kay? :lol: stop thos. they should really put ABRACADABRA there. obviously?

i haven't completely watch the full music video of sign. I have seen the sexy version of bo peep and i don't think it's disgusting, i mean if you watch romantic movies you can see some random people kissing, and i think the only icky thing that the critiques see in bo peep is the kissing, which is normal to some, but that's MY OPINION. sorry for ranting.