Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Do u think T-ara Sings better live or Recorded?

<3CampusCouple<3

Okay two things :D

1) I'm not sure if this topic was already created or not, If it was I'm sorry, Please don't spazz me ): I didn't have enough time to read through the whole forums ;3

2) I wasn't sure to put Spazz or poll since this is kinda of a discussion and kind of a poll at the same time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on the topic. So yeah what do you think? Do you think they sound better live, Or sound better from recoding. I personally think they sound better live, I think any group sing better live for some reason. Anways tell me what you think.

It's not a poll if you didnt make a poll.

Anyway, dont get me wrong but isnt it obvious that any singer would sing better in the recording?coz they edit the voice in the recording (I just realize this fact this year lol after hearing Big Time Rush live performance and coz youtubers comment that most Disney Stars have edited voice)

Also the fact that I still have trouble to recognise whether they're lipsync or not doesnt help. Kpop seriously....*sigh*

If you ask which one I like, of course I would choose live even if their voice not good at some performances. Fans love to hear their real voices. But I think somehow Jiyeon's voice sound better live in Bo Peep Bo Peep. It sounds cuter :D

Some singers sound better live, eg. Luna sounds superb when she sing her high notes in live performances than in the audio. It puts more .. life into the music I guess.

Having said that only a few exceptions though as in the example given. Most would sound better recorded.

• 4 weeks later...

Due to the autotune that CCM always use on T-ara songs, they'd obviously sound better for recording. However, give them a ballad song and they'll sing well with more emotions for live performances. It has to depend on the song actually. For Roly Poly, the pitch is crazily high (to me) and the background music is always so loud during live performances so they didnt sing so well for the performances.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's only natural for them to sing better when they're recording the song. They're allowed to re-record parts that they're not satisfied with, but during live performances they only have one chance, and once they mess up there's no going back. Plus the fact that they need to dance at the same time, which makes them run out of breath and makes it hard for them to hold long notes or reach high notes.

• 5 months later...

As much as I love them, they are better off singing prerecorded. Singing while dancing can't delivered a full vocal impact anyway. People anti and bitching about they should have strong vocal and singing live, but they forgot that they love their bias not because of how good they sing live. Live or not, we still love them.

Anyway, for ballad, they should just sing live, cuz they don't dance. Ballad is the only kind of songs I think they can show their talent In dance songs, They just have to be pretty and the song have to be good and it's a hit, haha.

Honestly, pre-recorded.

Of the many T-ara perfs I've seen, when they sing live, their voices are either shaky, strained, exhaustive or even off-pitch. Factors include the choreography taking a toll on their voices, poor distribution of lines and that the bulk of their hit tracks rely heavily on autotuned voices - I'd go as far as to say they're not even well-suited for live singing.

Ballads and songs that don't have a physically demanding choreography (such as TaeTiSeo's Twinkle) would be where they best shine on live singing - but even then, the only members in T-ara that can really pull off a note in such songs are Soyeon, Hyomin and Eunjung.

Honestly, they sound better pre-recorded, but that's not a surprise considering the huge amounts of autotune that are usually used in their songs. The girls CAN sing well, and I've heard all of them but Qri give decent live performances at one point or another, but with songs like Roly-Poly and Lovey-Dovey, where the girls are having to sing outside of their natural range while doing fairly exhausting dances, it can be difficult to sing live decently. T-ara's not the only one, though...they just seem to get picked on a lot more for it for whatever reason.

The only artists I know of who sound just as good live as they do pre-recorded are artists like Mariah Carey and the like, who do next to no choreography during their performances. They're also usually boring as sin to watch, lol.

^ I think T-ara gets picked on for it more mostly since their hit tracks are just that much autotuned and they seem to rely more on pre-recorded tracks than any other major girl group in performances. When listening to their biggest hit tracks in your MP3 for example, it is difficult to distinguish who is who through the song (this is at least for me and a few others I came across to).

In the case of say, say, 2NE1, you can easily distinguish all four members voices very easily while in SNSD, at least 4-5 members' voices are the case - which would be Taeyeon, Jessica, Seohyun, Tiffany and Sunny while the rest are given fewer lines. Though I'd take it as much fairer than T-ara's since CCM clearly doesn't know how to distribute the lines fairly nowadays - in fact, I'd even say T-ara's line distribution is on par with Super Junior, possibly even worse since the latter is a much bigger group.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...