Diadem Forums

[10.09.20] Lee Mi Young and Boram, "Everyone be happy and follow your dreams"

nathaniel

PP10091000023.JPG

Actress Lee Mi Young (49) and her daughter, T-ara's Boram (24) posed in front of the cameras wearing hanboks. Lee Mi Young is still active being a TV actress while her daughter is part of the woman's pop group, T-ara, most famous for their hits "Bo Peep Bo Peep" and "I Go Crazy Because of You."

In a special interview before Chuseok, Boram and SPN met up with her mother in Gangnam, Seoul. After becoming a part of T-ara, it's been hard for Boram to meet up with her mother as often, and it had been a while this they saw each other. Throughout the interview, the two bonded closely.

Lee Mi Young said on her daughter's success that "everything is good," and it makes her feel very proud when she sees Boram on stage, she said, with a heartwarming smile. Lee Mi Young also has her daughter's song, "I Go Crazy Because of You" as a cell phone ring-tone. "In the next month, when their album comes out, it's going to change again," she said laughing.

Lee Mi Young described her style as "very comfortable," she said laughing. She said that Boram's is weak and soft, but different on stage.

When I saw her succeeding, it was bittersweet. "A mother's hand was not there when it was most needed," she said, "her being able to pull this off on her own, I'm thankful to have a strong daughter," she said with tears.

Boram was born to a famous family. Lee Mi Young's former husband was Jeon Youngrok, a famous singer. Together the couple had two daughters and a sturdy place to live, but divorced in 1997. Boram and her sister were mostly in the hands of their father and Boram didn't get to see their mother as much as she wished when she was a child.

Boram said, "the other members of T-ara really want their mothers to visit the dorm but they can't because our schedules are packed and we have other things to do. I ask my mom to come to our dorm a lot, but she often has to tell me, 'I'm busy,' because she is busy with her schedule as well."

Her sister, mother and herself will all be together for Chuseok this year. Because of that, her whole family has a positive attitude. "Chuseok seems to be the day I can rest," Boram said, stating it's one of the first holidays she's received since debuting with T-ara. "Since debut, I have long-awaited for me to be together with my sister and mother again.. I'm thinking I need career counseling," she said laughing.

Although Boram is 24 years old, she really behaved like a little child today, full of smiles and joy seeing her mother. But deep inside, she also felt sad since her mother is often alone; she hopes her mother's holiday wishes came true quickly.

"I hope my mother meets a good man. A man who can be really good only to her. I hope nothing but that."

Lee Mi Young wishes that her family was cited with good healthy and happiness.

"This is the first time I've seen Boram put in situations like she is now. Things will only get tougher later on, but I wish that Boram will keep going for her dreams no matter what passes by. We all got to be happy."

source: http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead...DirCode=0010201

cr: nathaniel (trans) @ diadem + spn

Thank you so much for this awesome translation. You guys are so generous and amazing.

I love this news. It is great to see such a great mother daughter relationship.

Boram really care about her mother. Her only wish is for her mother as well.

Her mother care and think about boram a lot too.

wow boram have a great connection with her mom

how thouhtfull of her :)

she is really sweet

"In the next month, when their album comes out, it's going to change again," she said laughing.

lol thats great i know i will too :D

wish the best for boram and her mother

BORAM FIGHTING.... i love you ~~ :D :D <3