Diadem Forums

[12.08.05] True or not, the public will only believe what they want about T-ara's bullying situation

nathaniel

Let's be honest. When we all heard the news we wanted to revolt and bash T-ara also. T-ara probably won't ever be the same. But we all need to come together. If this is the number one international forum why do we speak so badly about others. I myself apologize for my bad behavior. We need to stick together because trust me it's only going to get worse as time progresses. All I have to say is this. If I was T-ara, when my contract ends I would get the hell out of MNet media and consider somewhere like SM entertainment where if something happens a representatives lawyers assistant would answer any media related questions.

I won't deny I did the same. As the time passed we all got to see how hollow the reports of bullying have been and make better judgement.

As much as I agree with this...how is this news? If anything, this is an opinion piece. I'm not trying to be funny; I'm honestly confused.

But one thing I'd like to point out - why do people insist on "hearing from T-ara"? You're obviously not expecting them to admit anything; they wouldn't be allowed anyhow. I fail to see why we cannot make our own conclusions, and people who say otherwise are trying to avoid what they do think.

The so-called news reports of bullying and the now debunked accounts like from the back up dancers were considered news. This report is indeed just as valid if not more so because it refutes many of the supposed evidences of bullying using the very same sources that were used to incriminate T-ara. The truth should be opening up that the conflict has arisen mostly from the efforts of the media and outside influence/perspective who have not demonstrated any strong factual evidence.

The so-called news reports of bullying and the now debunked accounts like from the back up dancers were considered news. This report is indeed just as valid if not more so because it refutes many of the supposed evidences of bullying using the very same sources that were used to incriminate T-ara. The truth should be opening up that the conflict has arisen mostly from the efforts of the media and outside influence/perspective who have not demonstrated any strong factual evidence.

Undesirable as it is, news doesn't always have to be accurate; even statements from supposed backup dancers are 'news' because they contain information about events that may or may not have occurred. People want to be 'informed', so any information, regardless of accuracy, is 'news'. This? Look at the title: "True or not, the public will only believe what they want about T-ara's bullying situation." Nothing happened; there is nothing to report. Therefore, no news.

I'm not seeing where anything is debunked. Unless you count that link, I suppose, but that wasn't the central focus of this piece either.

This is an opinion piece, and there's just as much invalidity as articles from the other side. "People who don't like T-ara will not believe the truth and only believe what they want to believe." There's an obvious bias towards bullying not having occurred, so I could say the same for fans. Fans will only believe what they want to believe too; isn't that the basis of belief?

Let's be honest. When we all heard the news we wanted to revolt and bash T-ara also. T-ara probably won't ever be the same. But we all need to come together. If this is the number one international forum why do we speak so badly about others. I myself apologize for my bad behavior. We need to stick together because trust me it's only going to get worse as time progresses. All I have to say is this. If I was T-ara, when my contract ends I would get the hell out of MNet media and consider somewhere like SM entertainment where if something happens a representatives lawyers assistant would answer any media related questions.

Honestly I'm not one of the 'all' you're talking about. When i first heard the news, I refused to believe it.

Or rather I thought it was rather ridiculous. Sure, I might be a blind fan but I mean, there was no actual solid proof that it had really happen. It might, it might not. But we'll never know. It's only for T-ara, Hwayoung and CCM to know and for us to never find out.

"why do we speak so badly about others." -- I guess I haven't been on in a while, but are you saying that there were some of us who spoke badly of T-ara? Well, I'm not surprised. Everyone has their own opinions, and it's very unfortunate that there are people who don't use their common sense (or their brains for that matter) to actually look at it instead of believing everything the media throws at them.

These netizens don't realize that what they are doing is also considered bullying. But meh, what can you do with immature, hot-headed, arrogant netizens? It's just one ear and out the other for them.

This news if very unfortunate. It seems T-ara will not be remembered for their awesome music but the fact that they were involved in a bully controversy :(

What I get from this whole dibacle, especially from articles regarding parents protesting about T-ara's bullying, is that bullying is a serious problem in Korea right now.. its a problem that needs to be adressed and then along came the T-ara controversy..

T-ara was the perfect target to be made as an example that "bullying" is wrong.. its a high-profile group which has rocketed to stardom in just a short time but not considered as a "national level" group since its fanbase is not that established yet.. Its a group with a huge gap in popularity and workload among members.. Its a group with an agency that has a lot of bad reputation in the past and present. They aren't the best singers and dancers and yet they get hit after hit after hit, including much love in Japan and even nation-wide spotlight in shows like Star Life Theatre (ahead of Super Junior I might add)..

T-ara was just too perfect of a target.. My fear is that the public would think that since bullying is such an important issue, "what's the harm in sacrificing one idol girl group, no matter if their guilty or not, as an example to others that bullying is wrong?"

I think both sides are really taking their own beliefs a bit far too the extreme here - and from this, I mean the fans vs antis/netizens.

I've already seen fans here getting far too comfy with the debunking of the gifs and photos used by antis and netizens to defame T-ara, even as going as far to outright claim no form of bullying ever occurred - problem is, that a lot of that stuff is from stuff filmed in front of the camera - idols are expected to act fake in front of the camera and 90% of the time, you can't really believe everything what they say and do reveals their true selves. The 'evidence' used to debunk the stuff from the antis and netizens merely counters what the latter had used - it's as simple as that. It doesn't fully erase the strong possibility bullying and conflict occurred within the group behind the scenes. Not even a bit, for me anyways.

You could speculate all you want about every person in the world that you don't know, but it's not going to mean anything. You're right, we have no idea what T-ARA members are "really" like, and we're not supposed to. But the same is true of every group, of every celebrity. And yet, most people don't actively attempt to find flaws in every celebrity they see and perhaps don't particularly right. Well, that's not really true I suppose. That's a part of fame culture, after all, isn't it? Trying to bring others down. But I doubt most people would say that's a positive aspect of it. Regardless, speculating without anything but circumstantial evidence is pointless, whether it's about T-ARA or 2NE1.

if people can be truly honest. if there was someone you knew irl whether its family, friends, etc. that did something disappointing or shocking. would you honestly go and disown them? you can say its somewhat different since t-ara are celebrities who technically affect a mass amount of people such as kids, but isn't what the netizens and what the media is doing also teaching people thats its ok to just tar and feather people for their wrong doings. are we living in some medieval times or something lol

KKS messed up and so what if t-ara spoke up. most of you should know the answers of the netizens. its either they are lying or I knew it. for a situation like this to blow up. im sure most managers will try to keep their stars on the down low for protection. hwayoung has so called spoke out and people don't even believe her words. The daily new reporters I believe are suppose to write reports without bias and based on reliable sources. while the media(gossip) news reporters just write what will catch the attention of the viewers.

you might not like someone for a specific reason, but you cannot deny the good work they do.

I've already seen fans here getting far too comfy with the debunking of the gifs and photos used by antis and netizens to defame T-ara, even as going as far to outright claim no form of bullying ever occurred - problem is, that a lot of that stuff is from stuff filmed in front of the camera - idols are expected to act fake in front of the camera and 90% of the time, you can't really believe everything what they say and do reveals their true selves. The 'evidence' used to debunk the stuff from the antis and netizens merely counters what the latter had used - it's as simple as that. It doesn't fully erase the strong possibility bullying and conflict occurred within the group behind the scenes. Not even a bit, for me anyways.

I agree with you, it doesn't rule out the possibility that bullying did occur in any point in time. But they were together for 20 months. I don't know how many people can suffer from bullying for 20 months or more and still keep a happy face, I think she would have at least quit sooner. Besides how did all this start? Because of some simple tweets, that could have been interpreted another way. I think that if bullying did in fact occur, problems would have arisen a lot sooner. And i am not talking about fights that always happens doesn't matter what kind of group etc, because that is how the world works, but about real bullying. And we don't really know how the girls really are, only what they show us, so instead of speculating on how they really are, I will base my belief in what I have seen from them so far. And from what I have seen I don't believe there was bullying occurring, but that is just me (and I think that is what most people here believe also).

Thank you to all who supported T-ara through thick and thin, specially hyotheleader.tumblr.com who made great efforts to prove

that t-ara is innocent of "bullying" and thetaratruth.tumblr.com who translated his articles for korean netizens to read.

Queen's owe this sites a lot.

I have never turned my back on T-ARA , never bashed T-ARA because i dont believe everything the media says but ive followed them long enough to know that they are not the type to bully someone.Yes they might have their conflicts like any other person ,heck ive said things i wished i hadnt to my loved ones(lets get real who hasnt) but in the end we know we care about each other.So speak for yourself and other" so called QUEEN'S"(easily turned their back on T-ARA) who " wanted to revolt and bash T-ara" when they heard the "news".

i do agree though that they need a better management company.KKS only made matters worse.

this time T-ara really owe international fans especially 'hyotheleader tumbLr'....bcoz of her effort to make 'Rumor vs Fact'.... :wub:

and then korean fans creat blog 'thetaratruth tumblr'...and her source from 'hyotheleder tumblr'...... :)

True, the one who created hyotheleader.tumblr .com is really amazing. I will cry see that if im t-ara, too see such a loyal and dedicated fans defend them and try to seek the truth with lots of efforts. When i read that the admin got hurt his shoulder because of the facts vs rumor i couldnt be more amazed to the admin hard work. Clap clap clap

Agree... The public kept asking for the truth... but honestly, how many of them really care? They are just bunch of haters who want to make the situation bigger. They want to see T-ara fall. Antis will still bash them no matter how many clarification made... For them, the truth is never true if the truth does not match what they want or what they believe in...

T-ara fighting!!!

Actually I don't think most of them wanted to see t-ara fall so they started all this. They just want destruction, whoever the group is. I can bet most of them didn't even know t-ara very well before this. If it was with another group the only thing that would change would be the people defending them. But the huge majority would still bash them. Whoever they were. Yeah, some of them don't want the truth because it doesn't match what they want to hear, but others, and I fear it is a lot of people, just don't give a damn about the truth (or lies even), because they find more fun this way.

As grudging as I am to admit this, I've been really really wishy washy with T-ara since all this happened. My ride with T-ara and Queen's alike has been a bumpy one.

.At first, I thought, "No way. They'd never do such things." And, I admit, I was in that stage of being a delusional, illogical fan in denial. But then I thought about it, and it was completely possible, plausible, and likely.

.And then I was deadbent on not supporting T-ara. I didn't bash them or anything, because I think it's a stupid waste of time to try to get some attention but I just never saw them the same afterwards.

.But then as they kept getting more and more hate, I realized that T-ara isn't the one that has the most blame. It's the fuking dumbass, sorry excuse for a CEO that publicly pits them against each other, can't get his head straight, and has the worst PR in the kpop world.

Yeah, if it really did happen, then T-ara deserves some punishment.

But it's like 2PM's Nichkhun's DUI issue; in fact, it's almost identical. At the beginning, there were three sides: delusional fans, logical people (fans and netizens alike), and trolls. The logical people and the trolls were squished together and labeled as "Haters" by the delusional fans, and the delusional fans were labeled, well, "Delusional fans" by the rest. Yes, Nichkhun deserved some type of punishment. But the fiery rage that went on for what seemed like forever? Did he really deserve all that?

Yes, a child should be given a five-minute time-out when they steal a toy from another. But to put that child in that corner for the entire day, however many hours that may be, is overkill, is it not?

All this shit could have been done and over with within maybe three or so days at worst. But almost a week? Really? And that hating fire is still burning, albeit a bit smaller that when it started? Right now, I'm so sick and tired of all the stuff that's happening to T-ara. I honestly just want them to make a comeback so epic that everyone will 'forgive and forget' what happened. I hate how they can't even show their faces without getting hated on.

Is it pity that's brought me back? Or is it that tiny thing in the back of my head that knows that T-ara doesn't deserve any of this drama that's dragging it's feet, mixed with my love for T-ara that has been buried underneath all those rumors and arguments that I so stupidly believed...

So, honestly, here's my question I've been asking a lot recently.

"Am I 'fake Queen' for doubting T-ara after all this crap, or am I a 'delusional Queen' for believing T-ara is oh-so innocent after all this crap?"

So really. What am I? What are you? /pleasehelpthisconfusedlittlefool/ /sorryforallthelongposts/

To be honest i am now really scared of korean netizens, they come of to me (not all but most) as psychotic, lunatic, no life bullies. It's like they could kill a person for no reason, you know the type of person who'd do something stupid like throwing egg, tomatoes etc. or worst an acid who could seriously damage skins to an innocent person. For me (and my opinion ONLY) they are the most (worst kind) of bullies, hypocrites (and hypocrites are the people i hated the most), crazy, ignorant, stupid, idiotic, psychotic, etc. type of person in the whole world.

Okay i know my words are harsh (well i kinda exaggerated it) but my point is and honestly i am now so scared to even go in korea. Like i couldn't even imagine associating myself with this kind of people. I am not only saying this now because of T-ara issue but how they treated other K-Celeb in the past, like Block B, Jay Park, Kangin, Daesung and other Korean personalities in the past that some even couldn't take it anymore and they committed suicide.

Now i truly understand why Korea is the country with the most number of suicide committed every year and why i read some comments saying korean netizens are the worst person in the world to think that i even try to defend them before because i think the words thrown to them was just harsh but now i realize they so deserve it..

"Am I 'fake Queen' for doubting T-ara after all this crap, or am I a 'delusional Queen' for believing T-ara is oh-so innocent after all this crap?"

You asked a very good question. For me, it's okay to doubt. It just means that you don't have enough trust in them BUT it's perfectly fine (at least for me). The reason is YOU DON'T KNOW THEM. Nobody does except people who are close to them and I'm sorry that fans do not belong to that category. I doubted them too, initially. Hell, I even believed that Jiyeon might have slapped Hwayoung. :ph34r: But when all that utter rubbish about Boram the umbrella destroyer, Jiyeon the book bully, Hyomin the eye poker and Eunjung the ricecake murderer came out, I just can't. So does doubting make you a "fake" Queen, I don't think so since well, you are still here. About being delusional. err I am not sure to what extent is your delusional level. If you believe that T-ara are a bunch of angels, then you are delusional because obviously they are not. Angels should go to heaven, not stay on Earth and get tormented. :D

I am getting tired of all these arguments on whether there's any bullying or not. This article is right by saying believe whatever you want to believe but yes I agree with @klee, it's a bit bias towards there's no bullying. It doesn't matter anyway cause in the end, some fans will believe that there's no bullying, some fans will believe that there's bullying but they learn to forgive and some antis will always believe that there's bullying. So it's perfectly balance. As long as you are happy, believe whatever you wanna believe. Just don't go overboard like what the antis did. I personally believe that T-ara is not a bunch of bullies but I don't completely deny the fact that bullying might have happened. It's something like you believe that you can get A in exam but you don't deny the fact that you won't be able to get an A. There's a difference between I AM SURE that there's no bullying and I BELIEVE that there's no bullying. (Urgh, this sounds confusing). Never mind. I might be delusional then but I'M A HAPPY DELUSIONAL FAN. My point is believe whatever you want to believe, that's all.

It's too late now to analyse or blame on anything/anyone now. The damage is done and all we can hope is T-ara to bounce back or KKS to resign or T-ara to move to a new company or a news about Qri getting married. I want that Sexy Love NOW !!

Bless this post!

That's exactly what I keep thinking about these days, people believe what they want to believe, no matter if it's right or wrong.

It's so ridiculous that netizens are not aware of them cyber bullying T-ara while they try all their might to find the so-called 'evidence' and use that to attack the girls.

I can't help but think how they can ever stand on stage again after all of this. Now it's like the whole kpop world is against them.

I really want to get out of this cruel kpop world but I still love these girls, such a dilemma for me.

Wish all the best for T-ara!